• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Glad you like the mod. It is still in beta stages, there will be much more to come. If you want to share you events on the Kaiserreich forum, feel free. The link is in my signature.

There are a lot of pages--167 as of my posting this--so I won't go looking to see if the same bug is mentioned before...but before I bring it up, I have to say that it is an awesome mod. I know this even though i have basically played it twice, though I usually am quick to decide these kinds of things (and am right. All the time.).

But now for the bug. When you play the US and take the correct track of events to forming the Collected Syndicates of America (or whatever it is...I like doing this more), despite the fact that you own half the country and your IC is about 175, you are only granted one tech team slot. When you try to cancel one of the techs or it finishes, (because only one runs at a time to the end), the game crashes.

Also, I might have just had a bad download, but I followed all the directions to install the game correctly and I still get the same errors. I am patched to 1.2, but when I patched to 1.3a to see if your readme file was up to date, I had the same problems. Anyways, with 1.2 I have a lot of db errors, but if I press ignore 18 times I get to play the game anyways like its not an issue at all. Also, in the first few months, I get an error saying that it can't reat a mexican ai file, be it triumvirate or the other one (something else of no technical consequence). Did my download just come through bad, or did I miss something in the installation directions (clean install patched to 1.2 and unzip kaiserreich so that the mods folder and JSSGSMXQQQQX are in the same folder as hoi2dd.exe, move kaiserreich to the right to install the mod, then start)?

Hey, glad you liked the mod. I'll try to fix your bugs one by one.

you are only granted one tech team slot
I've never seen this bug before, and I don't think its been reported. If I find the answer on our forums, I'll make another post.

I get an error saying that it can't reat a mexican ai file
Go into the Paradox Interactive/DB/Events/Kaiserreich folder and find the Mexico.txt file. Open it, and do a replace search. Find / and replace it with \. That will fix the bug.

if I press ignore 18 times I get to play the game anyways
What kind of messages is it giving you? I've never heard of this?

Again, I'm glad you like the mod, and if you think its good now, just remember its still in beta.

If a deactivation/reactivation doesnt work, a fresh install will for sure. Just copy and paste the DB/Country file to the mod folder too so you dont have to keep repeating it.

I think it was meant for 1.2, thats what I'm using with no more problems. Its useable with 1.3 (I think) but you have to patch then install the mod.

Hey, does anyone know if the Japanese Colonial events go beyond simply choosing who to piss off first? I went with "We want both!" when choosing between Austrailasian Confederation and the US east Coast. Do those go beyond that, or do I have to manually execute the wars?

We were going to hold off on the main war events until this next version, the Japanese chains never got completed, I was busy. Sorry about that, you'll have to start them yourself for now.

I just downloaded the mod, and I also get the same errors as orimazd mentions; "I get an error saying that it can't reat a mexican ai file", and "I have a lot of db errors". I looked through the mexican ai files, but I can't see what can possibly be wrong with them, everything seems correct to me. the db errors, I have no idea what's causing them, but they appear when you start the game. I have DD 1.3a and no other mods are active, only Kaiserreich.

Alright, you can ignore the Mexcan.ai bugs if you want, but if you want to fix them, go to DB/Events/Kaiserreich/Mexico and find the switch_ai commands. Reverse the slashes. They're backwards.

As for the other errors on startup, replace your country file thats in DB with an older version, found here.

Quick question, have you gentlemen added naval techs to Austria? The last version of Kaiserreich I have does not have them. I'm also pretty sure that several other Balkans nations do not have them either but since my copy of the game is on another computer, I'm not positive.

I recently downloaded this, but it hasn't been working.
This is what I know so far
I have HOI2 version 1.3, (I think its compatible, but not sure)
The files for the mod show as RAR files

As of now the mod is for Doomsday, which might be causing your problem. And yes, the mod is supposed to be a .rar file.

Oh well, guess that just gives me another reason to get Doomsday