• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
There are some problems with brackets in the mexico ai switch files located in this folder:

Doomsday\ai\kaiserreich\switch

Another thing is the file

Doomsday\ai\kaiserreich\mexico.ai

which looks really strange

EDIT: same with brazil.ai and la plata.ai

Last edited:
I played a game as US (didnt do anything except acknowledge the events) till I switched to the seceding Syndicalist State.

After defeating all the other American states (California, Union State, and the US themselves).... nothing happened. So I checked the USA event file.... well...

A couple of events in that file have triggers like:

Code:
trigger = {  
event = 81142

name = "...

where there simply is no corresponding closing bracket. (which I guess messes up all the events following afterwards.)

Others at the start of long nice chains have a random=10 line.... not sure if I remember that correctly, but doesnt that mean that the event only gets triggered 10% of the time? meaning all the nice events in the chain afterwards wont ever happen... (especially since the 2nd event in the chain also only has 10% chance and so on..... and the chain is nearly 10 events long.)

Further down, one last thing that I noticed,
Code:
trigger = {
event = 81141

}
NOT = command = { type = trigger which = 83142 }

name =  "....

apart from the fact that I don't really see what the NOT= ... line should do, is it on purpose that the trigger brackets close before that line?

Don't you guys test those nice (potentially great) events that you code for your mod? ;)
(simply trying to trigger them from the console to see if they work.... they didn't when I tried.)

Otherwise (to add some encouragement too) - the mod looks great, can't wait to play it when it's finished and all those bugs are found and removed :)

Well, I don't remember what exactly what I did, since it was late at night, but it should look be like this:

1. JSGME goes to HOI2 folder
2. "!BACKUP" and "Kaiserreich Beta IIa" folders go to "HOI2/Mods"
3. "Kaiserreich Beta IIa" should consist of "ai", "config", "db", "map", "music", "scenarios", "gfx" folders

I remember having no loadup errors, when I tested it. I may have something to do with Armageddon, but I am not sure. It worked for me with Arm., but it might not work without it, which is unlikely.

As for ai files, I didn't write them, I am not even know how.

Don't you guys test those nice (potentially great) events that you code for your mod?

I only have time to test if the game doesn't crash and to test for some basic errors with "event xxxx" cheat. Otherwise, I cannot(and I don't really want to) play dosens of games to check every possible event chains and their solutions.
Until recently I was naive enough to believe that people at least crash-test their stuff, before including it. Well, they don't. I don't want to argue with someone in particular(yet), but I am the one who will be blamed if the mod would not be working.

I'll revise the USA chains anyway.

Last edited:
When does the AI typically start a war with each other? I'm in mid-'39 and I haven't even seen a likely build-up event. The US went into its civil war, which dragged Canada in as well. the US and Union took out the...red people and then went after Canada. The Union is clearly going to lose, which would leave the US at war with Australasia, Delhi, and the Caribbean. Might that be messing with other scripted events?

Also, is France supposed to have an event file? Mine doesn't. Germany also has three event files, and they're all tiny. :confused:

Ok, here is revised USA events file : http://rapidshare.com/files/29343995/USA.txt.html

As for "random" command, I wonder. Perhaps it was meant to be something like what "offset" does... I've simply removed these.
As for brackets, they usually crash the scenario on loadup. For some reason these didn't.

@Thistletooth

The mod is still unfinished, we only had a temporary "Deterministic war events". The German event files are small because the events for Germany are still incomplete, and, as for Canada, you seem to have a rather strange situation...

@ Mr.Spock
For Latin American ai files, they were all made by the same person, I am not naming, so they should have similar mistakes.

Last edited:
I put in most of the randoms- there is a reason for it. With the offsets, it checks for the event every offset amount of days- this creates the problem of when saving/reloading. Random means that there's a random chance every offset for it to occur. So it eliminates the saving/reloading problem, and spaces them out a little bit. So keep them in please :)

Thistletooth said:
When does the AI typically start a war with each other? I'm in mid-'39 and I haven't even seen a likely build-up event. The US went into its civil war, which dragged Canada in as well. the US and Union took out the...red people and then went after Canada. The Union is clearly going to lose, which would leave the US at war with Australasia, Delhi, and the Caribbean. Might that be messing with other scripted events?

Also, is France supposed to have an event file? Mine doesn't. Germany also has three event files, and they're all tiny. :confused:

German and French events are not done yet - a rough declaration of war event should hit Europe at some time in the year after mid-1939, so wait for a bit (it's currently mostly for testing how wars between Germany and France work out).

I think there's a tiny chance that Canada will intervene directly in the American civil war from some of the event (but I can't remember off-hand). Although this shouldn't really mess anything up events-wise...

semihippie said:
I put in most of the randoms- there is a reason for it. With the offsets, it checks for the event every offset amount of days- this creates the problem of when saving/reloading. Random means that there's a random chance every offset for it to occur. So it eliminates the saving/reloading problem, and spaces them out a little bit. So keep them in please :)

Yes, it's definitely neccessary to resolve this save-reload situation!

I'm not 100% sure on how the random command works - does the event go to sleep when its checked (whether the event fires or not), or does it keep checking the random value every offset until the event finally firest?

Akira said:

Well, I downloaded and tried it with a replaced event file, but....

still the same, nothing happens by itself by just running the game, and triggering the "win event" per console ("event 90854") still doesn't work; there's no reaction to that line, so my guess is that the file is still bugged.

(You didn't test ít after fixing, right? ;) )

Sarmatia1871 said:
Yes, it's definitely neccessary to resolve this save-reload situation!

I'm not 100% sure on how the random command works - does the event go to sleep when its checked (whether the event fires or not), or does it keep checking the random value every offset until the event finally firest?

No, the events do not sleep, as long as the trigger conditions are met, including the date, it will check it every offset number of days.

Btw, is KR playable for 1.3a? My experiences of the 1.3a AI is pretty good:)

Btw, sarmatia you should update your sig;)

There is an 'error' in the Australasian event 'The demonstration ceases' or something. Every month, it occur, and more than all, it seem to give Australasia some super industrial capacities. They had like 400 aviable ICs on 33 base ICs. Unbeleivable.

The event is supposed to replenish ic, lost due to demonstrations, here

Code:
event = {
id = 123101
country = AST
style = 0
name = "Public Demonstrations"
desc = "Coinciding Public Demonstrations have been held in the major cities to protest the Government's actions and to demand the resignation of Hughes and the installation of elections. This has shut down the major cities.. at least until the rioters grow bored."

trigger = {
 flag = aust_hughes
 random = 20
}

date = { day = 1 month = july year = 1936 }
offset = 5
deathdate = { day = 30 month = august year = 1936 }

action_a = {
 ai_chance = 70
 name = "Send in the batons and sabres!"
 command = { type = dissent value = 10 }
}

action_b = {
 ai_chance = 30
 name = "We can do nothing"
 command = { type = dissent value = 5 }
 command = { type = local_setflag which = aust_riot }
 command = { type = peacetime_ic_mod value = -40 }
}
}
event = {
id = 123102
country = AST
style = 0
persistent = yes
name = "The demonstrations cease"
desc = "The demonstrators have packed up their bags and gone home and the city's productions have returned to normal"

trigger = {
 OR = {
  local_flag = aust_riot
  atwar = yes
 }
}

date = { day = 15 month = july year = 1936 }
offset = 30

action_a = {
 ai_chance = 100
 name = "About bloody time"
 command = { type = peacetime_ic_mod value = 40 }
}
}

I'll add the line "command = { type = sleepevent which = 123102 }" or "command = { type = clrflag which = aust_riot }", so it fires only once.

EDIT: Actually, clearflag alone won't work, there should either sleepevent only or both.

Last edited:
This should work, copy-past into australasia.txt

Code:
event = {
id = 123102
country = AST
style = 0
persistent = yes
name = "The demonstrations cease"
desc = "The demonstrators have packed up their bags and gone home and the city's productions have returned to normal"

trigger = {
 OR = {
  local_flag = aust_riot
  atwar = yes
 }
}

date = { day = 15 month = july year = 1936 }
offset = 30

action_a = {
 ai_chance = 100
 name = "About bloody time"
 command = { type = peacetime_ic_mod value = 40 }
 command = { type = clrflag which = aust_riot }
 command = { type = sleepevent which = 123102 }
}
}
event = {
id = 123103
country = AST
style = 0
name = "The Dockworker's Union Strike"
desc = "After a series of unfortunate accidents the Dockworkers in Sydney, Auckland and Melbourne have set up a massive 

illegal union and are demanding more pay and more rights."

trigger = {
 flag = aust_hughes
 random = 10
}

date = { day = 1 month = october year = 1936 }
offset = 5
deathdate = { day = 10 month = december year = 1936 }

action_a = {
 ai_chance = 90
 name = "No extortion! Jail the ringleaders."
 command = { type = dissent value = 10 }
}
action_b = {
 ai_chance = 10
 name = "They'll come back, ignore them."
 command = { type = dissent value = 5 }
 command = { type = peacetime_ic_mod value = -35 }
 command = { type = local_setflag which = aust_dockstrike }
}
}
event = {
id = 123104
country = AST
style = 0
name = "The Dock Strike has ended"
desc = "As predicted, after weeks without a job in these hard times, nearly all of the workers have grudgingly gone back to 

work and our country is back at its normal economic level."

trigger = {
 OR = {
  local_flag = aust_dockstrike
  atwar = AST
 }
}

date = { day = 15 month = october year = 1936 }
offset = 30
deathdate = { day = 30 month = november year = 1936 }

action_a = {
 ai_chance = 100
 name = "Extortion never works!"
 command = { type = peacetime_ic_mod value = 15 }
 command = { type = clrflag which = aust_dockstrike }
 command = { type = sleepevent which = 123104 }
}
}

Well, IIb officially makes making Kaiserreich compatible with Vanilla harder than just messing with the spying element in the AI files. Is there a changelog anywhere so I can go digging around in the events files (which, I think, is where the startup error is coming from)? I'll upload my changes when I'm done for anyone else who doesn't have DD.

The Great Duck said:
Can somebody upload Kaiserreich,skins and music to some other site except Rapidshare,where I wont need to wait?
I've found this quote quite useful in this forum:
"Patience is the best of qualities; he who possesses it possesses all things."

I would very muchly appreciate it if you made a torrent download of Kaiser as well. My internet is very unstable, and every time it hits a 'bump' all downloads die. I've tried a dozen times to download Kaiser, but every time it has failed. :( Torrents work for me though because they keep resuming if connection is lost.

You can't resume downloads on rapidshare/megaupload :(