• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
kris4o1993 said:
It works with DD1.3a very well
also works with armageddon. :)

Ok, for various RL reasons, I'll have to breakaway from modding until mid-June, so here is my update. Please read my comments before complaining.

Download Link

BETA IIA CHANGELOG

Graphics
1. New model pics for various nations
2. Counters for every nation used
3. Made sure that KR scenario is destiguisheble from Battle ones

Events:
1. Domestic events for Britain (by Zucker)
2. Honduras domestic events
3. Japan foreign events
4. Extended Arilou's Swedish-Finnish chain
5. Added descriptions to Ausgleich events
6. Added Polish, Greek and Italian opportunism after Ausgleich
7. Foreign events for Indian states (by Timotheus)
8. Extended Kibbles' Mexican events
9. Various Flavour events
10. More effort to adapt ATRus events
11. Bugfixes

Misc.:
1. Made an effort to "dekoreanize" Bengal setup
2. Changed leader files for Britain and Canada
3. Canada and Britain now gain garrisons during the Island war
4. Added ai files for La Plata, Brazil, Mexico, Un. Prov., Centroamerica and Soviet Russia
5. Various minor changes I can't remember

Comments:
1. Japanese and Honduras events are meant to lead to the chains, yet incomplete, so these will serve as flavour events for now.
2. British domestic events are not thorougly tested, because I didn't have time(and besides, I am the only one who tries o test anything)

Im about to try this mod for the first time and i have a question.

My hoi2.exe is modified, because i applied the no-time limit patch, do I have to place back the normal one before i install this mod, or is it compatibile?

I have dd 1.3a.

I installed it anyway, then tried without the no time limit patch, but i always get the following message when i try to launch the game with mod loaded.

--- Error in DB ---

If i press the "ignore" button 18 times, game will launch and everything seems to be ok, the only strange thing is the name of one of the chinese nations.

Anways, i tried the game as Serbia and i was surprised by the lack of national provinces. Didnt even have a core on Kosovo! ;)

Then i looked around and saw other nations lack cores aswell. F.e Greece is missing a bunch of them (Salonika, Krete, other islands,...), Ireland controls N. Ireland but no cores on it....Italy no cores on the rest of the peninsula and so on.

I'm just curious why you decided to make it like that.

EDIT: Never mind the lack of cores, i just noticed there are events that add them.

EDIT2: After playing for some time i found out there are some errors that make the game crash? anyone else?

Last edited:
There's no Mex_Arango ai file. You should actually get that error often, I think, I get it with minor_gear.ai not found error relatively often. That MAY be because I don't have DD and that's a DD file, but whatever.

There is an 'error' in the Australasian event 'The demonstration ceases' or something. Every month, it occur, and more than all, it seem to give Australasia some super industrial capacities. They had like 400 aviable ICs on 33 base ICs. Unbeleivable.

Last edited:
Mr.Spock said:
Im still getting the "Error in DB" message" upon launching the game

^-- same, first Beta II version was okay, this one = this error on startup.

edit: the installation instructions (which worked wonders for me the last version) had to be altered for me to get it to work...

Instead of placing everything [JSGME and Mods Folder] into my main HoI2 directory I left them in the [Kaiser] folder and ran the program that way - seemed to work. Gonna test it out now.

Last edited:
Mr.Spock said:
so...did it work?

The only way I was able to get it work was by making sure the original Version II beta was removed...

...and taking the most recent .rar file, and unzipping it to its basic [Kaiser] folder. I then used the JSGME utility that was in that file, without moving the material to the main HOI2 folder.

So far, so good - Union of Britain game is proceeding well with no errors...*croses fingers*

hmm...anyone else seeing something similar to the three of us? I guess as long as it works...all is well!