• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
MTJ said:
Imperial Russia

- Carl Gustav Mannerheim added to the Russian leaderpool and summarily removed from Finland. (Perhaps for irony and black humour, Mannerheim leads Imperial Russian Forces in a possible invasion of Finland? :rofl: )
Why's that? The Finnish history went along the normal lines with the civil war and all, with Mannerheim being in a pivotal position in Finland. Why should he be in Russia?

KanaX said:
Why's that? The Finnish history went along the normal lines with the civil war and all, with Mannerheim being in a pivotal position in Finland. Why should he be in Russia?

Mannerheim was in fact very much against increasing german domination of finnish domestic policy. It's very likely that if a right-wing german-controlled dictatorship emerged in Finland, and a tsar got back into power in Russia, he might have left for Russia and attempted freeing Finland again (granted, that Finland would need to be given some sort of an independence, at least puppet status, had Mannerheim 'liberated' it).

HJV said:
Mannerheim was in fact very much against increasing german domination of finnish domestic policy. It's very likely that if a right-wing german-controlled dictatorship emerged in Finland, and a tsar got back into power in Russia, he might have left for Russia and attempted freeing Finland again (granted, that Finland would need to be given some sort of an independence, at least puppet status, had Mannerheim 'liberated' it).

Only a Finn could answer such a question :)

I am uncertain about the remainer of Finnish Generals or Leaders. As the majority of them, in the Second World War, fought with the Germans (Called the Jaeger Brigade or something?). While this does not certainly make them outright German-Wannabes or puppets; although one may argue otherwise. Overall... I think that most of the Finnish Generals would have stayed put. Mannerheim is the only immediate General that clearly would have went back to Russia, and I am sure there are others (but that would be random investigations as one pout it).

*edit
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finnish_Jaeger_troops

One quick question;

when downloading latest version (II) I'll find it still says Beta Ib in the zip-file and JSGME-activator. Just a misstake or do I have a corrupt download?

Really enjoyed our "all the russias mod" and I'll hope this be just as good. :)

It's a my mistake, I renamed it once, then I forgot to do it again for the final archieve...

This is strange, as I've seen it fire in '36 before.

Well, so did I. Here is the actual event:

Code:
event = {  
id = 91500  
random = no  
country = ITA  
style = 0    
trigger = { headofstate = 3219 }    
name = "The Death of Pius XI"  desc = "Earlier today His Holiness Pope Pius XI passed away to the Afterlife. He had been in declining health for the past several years, and now The Holy Father will soon rest among his predecessors in the Tomb of the Popes."    
picture = "PiusXI"    
date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1936 }  
offset = 1100  
deathdate = { day = 30 month = september year = 1946 }    
action_a = {  name = "All of Christendom Mourns the death of the His Holiness"  
command = { type = headofstate which = 3256 } 
command = { type = sleepminister which = 3219 }   
command = { type = trigger which = 91501  }   
}  
}

And here is the wikipedia article: Link

Last edited:
Akira said:
It's a my mistake, I renamed it once, then I forgot to do it again for the final archieve...

Very good, then I'll be playing in a couple of minutes. Damn shame I only could download the skins (already had scenario) but not syndicalsts music and loadscreen. DAMN rapidshare!!! You don't have any alternative mirrors to that download? :)

EDIT: BTW, I belive I read somewhere that the work from All the russians mod was merged together with Kaiserreich. True? Then, Wow!

Akira said:
Well, so did I. Here is the actual event:

The event means that it will fire at a random point in the 1100 days following the game start (although might need to be changed slightly, as I believe there's a much greater chance it will fire when you save and reload the game in this period) - this was done to make things slightly more unpredictable with the Italian situation.

The_Carbonater said:
No armageddon version? (sorry of this been asked before)

Not yet. It has to be mostly debugged and used by most before we switch. But don't worry, we will :)

The_Carbonater said:
No armageddon version? (sorry of this been asked before)
works okay for me w/ Armageddon...

Akira said:
Armageddon has 80-100 new tags, we'll definetely switch someday.
I thought it was only 18?