• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Akira said:
Just remember that Ukraine isn't supposed to be a major powerhouse and is not even a top priority.

Are you trying to insult me or something?
It is not like I am blabbering, like some of the Swedes earlier, and saying things along the lines "Sweden was really industrialized... it should have 60 IC!". Proposing things like Nikitia Kruschev being a popular activist and so forth is laughable. While we are at it, lets dig up "popular activist" Martin Bormann and have him throw a revolution in Germany? :rofl:

Define Powerhouse? Who exactly is and what makes someone a powerhouse? Is Poland a powerhouse? Even though they are lacking in industrial capacity, they still maintain many of their default leaders and techteams, which of course are comparably equal or even better than Hungary or Austria. The same applies with Romania as well.

Is China a powerhouse? What about Manchukuo? The first having no industry whatsoever and the latter being drastically undervalued in terms of industrial capacity.

What about Russia? Lets talk about the fact that it is so obvious that someone just copied the Soviet Leadership files and pasted it onto the Russian leader files? At least half of those individuals wouldn't even be Generals, seeing as they would have either been executed, exiled, demoted, or would have never been into the military hierachy to begin with.

Russia still has a bunch of Ukrainian leaders and tech teams. Please humor me how Odessa Naval Academy could even exist for Russia? Especially seeing as Russia has no access to the Black Sea! :rofl:

MTJ said:
Surname would get most of the people get into the right places, but of course, there might be a handful in the wrong places. A lot of
modification. The example being Kaminski in Belyorus and Vlasov in the Ukraine.
So, why do you prefer not to use simple "random" choosing, but still surname criterion?

Ok.
Odessa Naval academy appears if Russia controls Odessa. Check the events.

Powerhouse is the nation with a powerful army that can be agreesive without terrible consiquences.
Kruschev wasn't my idea in the first place, but still.

Jan Skrzetuski said:
He was actually. And proper version of his name is Dzierżyński. Well, but he was a communist and they are not a part of any nation.

I checked it and you're right. He was.

It's interesting how I wrote "Tchaikovsky certainly wasn't polish" yet you quoted "Dzerzhinsky certainly wasn't polish"... :eek:

Tchaikovsky still wasn't polish, though. :)

As for Mongolia being a "Powerhouse"...

I'm the guy who's in charge of that country. Mongolia's on a path of militarization following the Baron's rule of the country, if thats what you mean by there being a large military.

And don't look at Mongolia's current IC situation with awe either... as a result of not putting any new resources therein, Mongolia drains all of its resources in a hurry.

Mongolia, in the current collapsing situation of the world in KR, is to be a growing nation, much like Turkestan is.

HJV said:
It's interesting how I wrote "Tchaikovsky certainly wasn't polish" yet you quoted "Dzerzhinsky certainly wasn't polish"...

Well, I just cut the names in the middle, but the sense is the same. I did it just to make it clear to everyone ;)

I just played the campaign as Russia. Otherwise everything seems fine, but the constitutional monarchy bug is still there. When you choose the constitutional monarchy, in the 1940 elections the tsar gets kicked out and replaced by one of the four guys you can choose. I want to keep the tsar, not have some lame democratically elected president. There is no option for this.

The temporary fix I use for this is manually launching the "tsar is dead" event every time there's elections. But please, could you fix it so that the head of state doesn't change in a constitutional monarchy's elections, only the head of government should change.

Found it. In "russian domestic policy.txt" in events 759432, 759435 and 759433 the trigger goes "NOT headofstate = 4153", yet it should be "NOT = { headofstate = 4153 }". You can fix it yourself and I'll include it into the update.

Last edited:
Akira said:
Found it. In "russian domestic policy.txt" in events 759432, 759435 and 759433 the trigger goes "NOT headofstate = 4153", yet it should be "NOT = { headofstate = 4153 }". You can fix it yourself and I'll include it into the update.

Thanks for that and all of the dev teams efforts. I think that this is a truly great Mod with a great storyline. I hope that everyones suggestions are intended to make the game better. I like the new improved Mongolia and Turkestan. Played Turkestan but, not Mongolia yet. I have found that Germany creams the Commie French in every game out of over a dozen. The only time that I ever saw Germany lose was when I played the US and got lucky winning the Civil Quickly. I was then able to take out the Germans. I have tried as France, UOB helping France, Russia, none worked. I am now playing France with the Japanese at war over the Philipines vs Germany. Maybe they can draw some troops off. Anyway thanks again for a great Mod.

Fantastic Mod, defiantly. For the start I tried the Italian Federation, could anyone give me a small brief on when a war will start, a small strategy for Italy?

Also, great Job, can't believe how late I discovered this...

Are you still using Charles Curtis as the Republican candidate and a Garner/Wallace ticket for the Democrats? That seems pretty unlikely under any circumstances: Curtis died in February of 1936, and Garner and Wallace didn't get along. Garner was an old-fashioned conservative Democrat who was uncomfortable with the New Deal: Wallace was one of its architects and was practically a Social Democrat.

Any chance of going to vanilla HoI2?

I installed the mod and it is great but some where in 1936 a russian event pops up and doomsday crashes did i do something wrong when install or is that a bug

Love the mod and the effort guys but when will the post-civil war events for the US factions arrive? I want to build my paternal western hemisphere empire :rolleyes:

Federation Italy

- Pope Pius XI's death should be on a fixed date. I was just playing a game as Japan and it didn't fire till the latter half of 1939

- Deterministic War effect.... self explainatory

Imperial Russia

- Carl Gustav Mannerheim added to the Russian leaderpool and summarily removed from Finland. (Perhaps for irony and black humour, Mannerheim leads Imperial Russian Forces in a possible invasion of Finland? :rofl: )

Qing Empire

- Gongde Haungdi who? The picture is clearly Prince Chun who happens to be no other than Pu-Yi's father. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2nd_Prince_Chun

- Qing Empire seems completely out of question, especially when Pu-Yi is operating his state of Manchukuo.

- Solution?
A. Zhang Xueliang (or alternatively his father, as he may have not been killed in this timeline) operates an independent Manchuria. Pu-Yi heeds his "Manchuria"/Qing Empire in Shanxi Territory

B. Qing Empire no longer exists and the region is a rough collobration of former Qing officials and Shanxi Region warlords. Figures like Zhang Xueliang, Yan Xishan, Xue Yue, Jing Yuexiu, etc - could all play a part

MTJ said:
Federation Italy

- Pope Pius XI's death should be on a fixed date. I was just playing a game as Japan and it didn't fire till the latter half of 1939

- Deterministic War effect.... self explainatory

Imperial Russia

- Carl Gustav Mannerheim added to the Russian leaderpool and summarily removed from Finland. (Perhaps for irony and black humour, Mannerheim leads Imperial Russian Forces in a possible invasion of Finland? :rofl: )

Qing Empire

- Gongde Haungdi who? The picture is clearly Prince Chun who happens to be no other than Pu-Yi's father. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2nd_Prince_Chun

- Qing Empire seems completely out of question, especially when Pu-Yi is operating his state of Manchukuo.

- Solution?
A. Zhang Xueliang (or alternatively his father, as he may have not been killed in this timeline) operates an independent Manchuria. Pu-Yi heeds his "Manchuria"/Qing Empire in Shanxi Territory

B. Qing Empire no longer exists and the region is a rough collobration of former Qing officials and Shanxi Region warlords. Figures like Zhang Xueliang, Yan Xishan, Xue Yue, Jing Yuexiu, etc - could all play a part

First, I agree about the pope's death.

Second, the deterministic events will be fixed when we get the big war events figured out for France and Germany. This is to be the focus of this next beta version (see our non-paradox boards)

The Chinese are split like that for a reason. The Qing represent a more German-backed nation for the ethnic Han, while Pu-Yi is backed by the Japanese, and is meant to be some sort of pretender to the Qing throne, potentially to be replacing the current Emperor if invaded.