• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Regarding the USA. in a geopolitical situation that exists in the world it feels odd to have the USA as a bastion of stability. after their quick revolts in the end of 36 and quick annexations they just sit there for a long long time without any discontent. Seems to me that the revolution would be going on with a pretty periodic basis. Stability in the US should be like that proverbial small blanket. Pull it to your feet and your head freezes, pull it to your head and your legs turn to ice. Alaska probably would do well to secede from the union too..

Just for the hell of it i made an event that gives them 10% descent hit every 1st of January.

Another help with the madness of unified US in this mod would be to have the revolution event remove some cores on the opponents territory. This would give belligerence to the annexing nation.

So far playing as a tsarist expansionist orthodox Russia in a union with Germany and claiming all the territories due at every opportunity (on normal) has been fun. I am just waiting for someone to dow. Probably the war will come in the 1940 as both Ukraine and Georgia are with the commune of France.

Last edited:
tarakan said:
Regarding the USA. in a geopolitical situation that exists in the world it feels odd to have the USA as a bastion of stability. after their quick revolts in the end of 36 and quick annexations they just sit there for a long long time without any discontent. Seems to me that the revolution would be going on with a pretty periodic basis. Stability in the US should be like that proverbial small blanket. Pull it to your feet and your head freezes, pull it to your head and your legs turn to ice. Alaska probably would do well to secede from the union too..

Just for the hell of it i made an event that gives them 10% descent hit every 1st of January.

Another help with the madness of unified US in this mod would be to have the revolution event remove some cores on the opponents territory. This would give belligerence to the annexing nation.

So far playing as a tsarist expansionist orthodox Russia in a union with Germany and claiming all the territories due at every opportunity (on normal) has been fun. I am just waiting for someone to dow. Probably the war will come in the 1940 as both Ukraine and Georgia are with the commune of France.

Fear not, for the situation in the US is still far from finished! :D Expect some more stuff in the next release, and our long term plans include some crazy stuff across the pond :)

Evans said:
Fear not, for the situation in the US is still far from finished! :D Expect some more stuff in the next release, and our long term plans include some crazy stuff across the pond :)
But when will this greatness know as the fabled "next release" revealed? The suspense is killing me!

tarakan said:

I beg to disagree. After civil war there is usually peace. Some resistance movements do exist, but rarely in any larger scale. Using Spanish, Russian, Chinese or even the RL US civil wars as examples, you can see that once the situation has heated up for years, up to the point that only violent solution is left for the interest groups standing against each other (poor/rich, leftist/right wing), the country "explodes" into war. And after it's over, theres sort of a "collective sigh", and everything settles down.

So, after a violent civil war and reunification I think that a silent, isolationist period is very realistic for the winning faction. Unless it is the CSA, in which case I think they would ally with the French and British who helped them out in the war.

Then there should be massive IC loss after the revolution. As it is the USA of Kaiserreich is unmodified in it's IC from the default 1936 scenario

in the Kaiserreich universe the IC investment should have gone to Germany and USA should had not done well for a simple fact that the British and the French have defaulted on their war loans.

The only reason USA got into WWI in the first place was because the US War Industry people saw that if the Johnny does not get his gun and does not go to kick the Krauts' butt then they are not going to get paid

This is a bit off topic, but have you read

War is a Racket (it's a link. click it) by Major General Smedley D. Butler, USMC

Michaeru said:
I'm bumping this thread to ask when a Kaiserreich version that's DD1.3-compatible will be released OR already has been released.
Perhaps the release of the new patch has postponed the coming release :eek:

The release isn't postponed because of the patch, it's more about the fact that we are a bit shorthanded in finishing what we require.
And anyway, people, why don't you all go to the Subforum and actually help us, at least by testing stuff.

tarakan said:
Then there should be massive IC loss after the revolution. As it is the USA of Kaiserreich is unmodified in it's IC from the default 1936 scenario

The idea is to relocate IC from the East to the West Coast (for California/Pacifica) but we need someone to actually do it...

Das Kapitalist said:
And apparently, Kaiserreich is currently compatible with v 1.3
Really? I was afraid to install the new patch fearing the incompatibility.

Evans said:
It works fine :) 1.2-1.3 was mostly AI changes.
So now I have Kaiserreich installed on 1.2. Can I install 1.3 directly or do I have to remove Kaiserreich first?

Das Kapitalist said:
If I remember correctly, you have to remove Kaiserreich first, or else it'll do something screwy like not show the real names of the countries.
Ok, so is it enough if I just use JGSME to remove it from the activated mods list or do I have to delete the mod and the re-install it?

KanaX said:
Ok, so is it enough if I just use JGSME to remove it from the activated mods list or do I have to delete the mod and the re-install it?

Honestly, I'm not sure. I think you may have to get rid of Kaiserreich completely first... I had problems with this when we unleashed IB. You can try with the JGSME first, and if that doesn't work, you may have to reload Doomsday (which really isn't too much of a problem).

Either way, don't get too comfortable... at the rate we're going, we'll have Beta II completed in the next couple of weeks.

Das Kapitalist said:
Honestly, I'm not sure. I think you may have to get rid of Kaiserreich completely first... I had problems with this when we unleashed IB. You can try with the JGSME first, and if that doesn't work, you may have to reload Doomsday (which really isn't too much of a problem).

Either way, don't get too comfortable... at the rate we're going, we'll have Beta II completed in the next couple of weeks.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Thank you for the help.