• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
KanaX said:
Perhaps the Greek named divs come from the Bulgarian-controlled Greek territory?
I thought that might be possible which is why I asked the question about it. These 4 divs are in former Greek territory but I cannot imagine any Greeks would join up with the conquerors. The Italian divs do not make sense unless they were sold to Bulgaria to make money. OH there are two Romanian ships in Constanta which is now mine. They should go home. :confused: Thanks,
Kevin

Lord Finnish said:
Does Kaiserreich work in normal HOI2? ( i mean not-DD)
iirc (unless a new version's come out without my knowledge, which could easily be the case) kaiserreich is geared toward vanilla hoi2 rather than dd so yeah, it'll work.

Lord Finnish said:
Does Kaiserreich work in normal HOI2? ( i mean not-DD)

It works, but it is meant for DD since the last release.

Umm, I have HoI2 DD 1.3(I think)...and how do I get this to work?

Nietzsche said:
Umm, I have HoI2 DD 1.3(I think)...and how do I get this to work?
Read the first post.

KanaX said:
Read the first post.
I got it to work shortly after that post. Either way, this is alot of fun...but it has major ballance issues.

Germany is too-frikken-powerful...

I've annexed Switzerland, Poland, that one German-province that was near Russia, France, I've taken a good deal of Greece after they begged for peace, own all of the Netherland's European provinces short of Amsterdam, and most of Indonesia(they begged for peace).

Hell, I could probably crush Austro-Hungary, but I'm gonna wait until I've taken the rest of Scandinavia.

GeneralHannibal said:
Who are you playing as?
Who else? Germany. My only opposition is Japan, and that's because I forgot to build up a navy(didn't think I'd need it, given I was/am the dominant power).

Just wanted to drop a quick line and let everyone involved know how entertaining and enjoyable I've found this mod. I've pretty much completely abandoned vanilla to play Kaiserreich, and it's led to scads of games as I'll get into a game and then realize, "hey, wouldn't it be cool to play as X?"

In any case, excellent work all, and thank you for this revamp which has rekindled my addiction to HoI2.

EmprorCoopinius said:
Just wanted to drop a quick line and let everyone involved know how entertaining and enjoyable I've found this mod. I've pretty much completely abandoned vanilla to play Kaiserreich, and it's led to scads of games as I'll get into a game and then realize, "hey, wouldn't it be cool to play as X?"

In any case, excellent work all, and thank you for this revamp which has rekindled my addiction to HoI2.
I second that. My current game as Ottoman Empire is one of the most enjoyable HoI experiences I have ever had.

Russia can not research any land doctrines. both paths are blocked in the country file.

from the save

deactivate = { 6010 6210 7010 7020 7050 7100 7110 7120 7130 7140 7150 7160 16000 7170 7180 7190 16010 16020 7200 7210 7220 7230 7240 7260 7270 16030 15500 }

6010 is Firepower Focus Doctrine

and 6210 is Mobility Focus Doctrine

is this by design?

Last edited:
A very interesting game so far has been to ally with Germany as Russia using the Denikin coup and then choosing the reactionary head of government (3rd choice) that allows to join alliances. build up relations with germany and they shower with techs. of course it is quite a bit munchkinish

I'd forgotten you could even do that :eek: Glad to hear you like it! And feel free to check out the forum :) You never know, one of these days I'll have time to actually write an AAR *gets back to essay*

I'm sorry if this has been mentioned, asked and/or explained already, but I'd like to know is the CSA really going to have cores for only the starting area, or has it just been forgotten to add them for the rest of the whatusedtobe-USA? For as it stands now, I have played the game from '36 to '48, and have had bazillion GAR-POLs standing in almost every province (something like 200 atm), and still have partisans in the few caps between them.

First of all, it doesn't feel syndicalist at all to control your whole country with military police to keep the population in order, and secondly I really doubt this would have been necessary in a 0 dissent situation.

Secondly, its a huge burden gameplay wise. Partisans eat up incredible chunks of TC, and those garrisons eat shitloads of supplies and cost IC and MP, which latter can actually become some sort of a problem later in the game when you get only 0.56 a day with all the techs while trying to be a world power with massive armies. Which is also somewhat unrealistic - in a situation in which the the Combined Syndicates control the whole continent I doubt they would only draft from their original area, South from the great lakes.

Few more leaders, even 0 skill, would also be good to have - especially naval and air. If they'd actually know something about warfare, it would of course be even better, but this is another question and I understand that you have more pressing things to do than this - compared to many other "new countries" CSA is actually very playable, leader wise. That partisan issue is however quite of a problem.

Last edited:
Again, I love the mod. I've been playing IB for Doomsday and I've noticed some things: Bulgarian Militia divisions all have Italian names; 'Divisione Eritrea', '7a CCNN', etc. Also, in my Kingdom of Spain game, Bulgaria doesn't seem to understand that to annex Greece they have to build transports and Amphibiously Assault The Cyclades, from where the Greek government has still been running for like 6 months. Neither does Austria for that matter, despite having occupied Kefalonia by sea landings.

Also, the Qing Empire is in some desperate need of more land commanders; it starts off with too big of an army for the amount of generals it has already.

Another thing, Bohemia and Croatia remain autonomous as Austria's puppets, but aren't allied with Austria -- what gives? If it's a matter of giving Austria the option to join the Central Powers, shouldn't there be some way to make an event for Austria's puppets that forces them into the Central Powers despite having been allied with Austria beforehand?

This has probably been asked before, but why doesn't Mittleafrika join the Central Powers until the Reich goes to war with Japan? Shoudln't they already be a member, being a mass of German colonies after all?

BTW, I love what you guys have done with the Spanish Civil War. Hell if playing as one of the nations involved directly isn't the funnest thing I've ever done with HOI2. 'Makes it an actually desperate situation! Great job.

HKslan said:
This has probably been asked before, but why doesn't Mittleafrika join the Central Powers until the Reich goes to war with Japan? Shoudln't they already be a member, being a mass of German colonies after all?
Well, in my game as the Ottomans, Mittelafrika joined right after France declared war on Flandern-Wallonien.

Kasakka said:
That partisan issue is however quite of a problem.

Occupation events are being worked on, there should be some provision in the next release :)

after installation and so on, when i go to load a scenario, i get messages in the loading screen to the effect of "error [thing] 35560 is already in use" ... goes on past 35669, though it seems to start back at 60.

simply ignoring these issues results in it loading... the basic scenario, with all the normal nations in all the normal places. [though it does seem to have the right colours, the various nations renamed properly, ministers replaced, etc.]

using DD v1.2, so i'm assuming i stuffed up somewhere.

help?