• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Timotheos said:
I suspect changing countries might be necessary. We've found problems when countries changes tags (as you did when you became the Union State) including the tech one you mentioned. As yet we've not found a way round them so....

As for the historical country descriptions. We have a large list of alternate ones ready to put in (see the other forum for them) but I think Sarmatia is planning to wait and put them all in at once at a later stage.

Thanks, I will start a new one as Germany now. The tag issue is a killer, good luck with that. I was playing the US first to see what happened to the Reich. Time to just jump in and find out playing it myself.

-Delta- said:
I haven't tried it myself yet, but I've heard that stopping all research prior to changing the tag avoids this problem.

Personally I didn't have much time to finish anything before the events triggered. Just not starting research is probably the way. I went out on the obscure path though for a Union US. Having a lot more fun as the Reich now. :)

K, now that I've played another year and a bit I can honestly say that this is the most entertaining experience I've had with hearts of iron. Playing as Germany is like playing with the vanilla UK only you have less IC, have a larger empire to protect, poor starting doctrines, and no worthwhile allies. Balkan wars, Far East Wars, Central Asian Wars, wars left and right are all stretching me thin. I love it.

One concern though; Poland is at War with Russia. Poland is also the puppet of Hungary. And yet Hungary and it's cohorts are not at war. Same thing for me. Mittleafrika is at war with the ruskies and yet I am not. Odd bug. Is it because of non-aggression pacts or something?

I'm trying to play the game with Doomsday so, please tell me if I've gotten this right:

I extract the .rar to \Doomsday. I run the JGSME (whatever) thing once it's extracted and activate Kaiserreich Beta Ia.

Now I'm pretty sure I did everything right, but then I launch Doomsday and I try to play either the Kaiserreich scenario or the The Gathering Storm (1938) scenario and I get a bunch of errors and once it finally loads all of the countries have the same territory, ministers, and sliders as they would in the normal non-Kaiserreich scenario. What am I doing wrong here?

EDIT: DISREGARD THIS. :D I found the Kaiserreich scenario near the end of the list.

Interesting mod so far. I restarted and am playing as Germany now. What does everyone think about the Dissent Rates due to events. I think they are excessive.

Example: The Arab Congress hits Germany. -10 relations with Arab countries...fine. One stated they wanted Adan back, great take the worthless sandbowl. BUT 10% Dissent hitting the whole Empire? I don't think so.

Besides Adan, Suez is owned. I don't get the dissent, partisan activity in the areas didn't increase. I can't believe enough citizens would care if a bunch of arabs went and yacked it out in Egypt. 10% takes awhile with a 139 IC to reduce.

It happened three times now and it is not even 1938. Not looking for more events if dissent is all you get. Just an observation.

Timotheos said:
I suspect changing countries might be necessary. We've found problems when countries changes tags (as you did when you became the Union State) including the tech one you mentioned. As yet we've not found a way round them so....

As for the historical country descriptions. We have a large list of alternate ones ready to put in (see the other forum for them) but I think Sarmatia is planning to wait and put them all in at once at a later stage.

Both of these are correct - I'm currently (while in internet-less exile!) reworking the American events so that the American Syndicalists and Union State exist from the game start as offmap countries, and then inherit bits of/negotiate with the USA depending on the election result and their reactions. So, this should avoid the very very annoying bug with the TAG change command, and make the American situation a bit more complex...

The_Kipper said:
Interesting mod so far. I restarted and am playing as Germany now. What does everyone think about the Dissent Rates due to events. I think they are excessive.

This is possibly correct, as the scale of dissent hits are generally quite difficult to get right, especially when there are multiple events causing them - please send as much feedback as possible as to what should be changed!

angahir said:
Is there an event similar to Bitter Peace for Germany in this mod? Commune of France and I (again as Russia) have conquered most of Germany. The only VP provinces Germany has left are Fiji and Tawara, and they are out of reach for Russian troops. Japan could conquer them at will, but not at all surprisingly the AI is just sitting around instead of doing something useful.

Peace treaty events for all the major wars are planned, but generally need quite a bit of thought. Next version should include peace events for the Balkan, Ausgleich and American wars, and possibly some others....

Glorious Leader said:
K, now that I've played another year and a bit I can honestly say that this is the most entertaining experience I've had with hearts of iron. Playing as Germany is like playing with the vanilla UK only you have less IC, have a larger empire to protect, poor starting doctrines, and no worthwhile allies. Balkan wars, Far East Wars, Central Asian Wars, wars left and right are all stretching me thin. I love it.

One concern though; Poland is at War with Russia. Poland is also the puppet of Hungary. And yet Hungary and it's cohorts are not at war. Same thing for me. Mittleafrika is at war with the ruskies and yet I am not. Odd bug. Is it because of non-aggression pacts or something?

:) Many thanks for the positive feedback!

I believe that puppets not dragging their masters into wars is a standard HOI2 issue, rather than one specifically in the mod - it may be more noticeable because we use puppet nations a lot more, and the wars in Kaiserreich aren't really like the vanilla major alliance ones. It should be reasonably simple to fix though, through events which put likely puppets into military alliances with their masters...

Well, I've had a lot of fun playing as Russia. The events for it and the countries surrounding it are really well done. I've been at war with Turkestan and I'm wondering, why do they have so many German generals in Nazi gear? Also, why is a European the 'Supreme Khan of All the Mongols'? :D

Sarmatia1871 said:
:) Many thanks for the positive feedback!

I believe that puppets not dragging their masters into wars is a standard HOI2 issue, rather than one specifically in the mod - it may be more noticeable because we use puppet nations a lot more, and the wars in Kaiserreich aren't really like the vanilla major alliance ones. It should be reasonably simple to fix though, through events which put likely puppets into military alliances with their masters...

that how it really should be, it should be up to the master country to get involved in a puppet's wars.

Also, why is a European the 'Supreme Khan of All the Mongols'?

You mean Baron von Ungern-Sternberg? Take a look at his wikipedia entry here. Effectively he tried to take over Mongolia and found a kingdom in OTL but was defeated by the communists.

Some feedback: i like the mod a lot. :D

Just one thing to note from the top of my head.In the scenario Pu yi starts as head of state of manchukuo, however this in an alternative history that sees the Qing dynasty still alive and ruling.Pu Yi was the last Qing emperor actually, and became ruler of Manchukuo after the Qing dynasty, and its lands, had fallen to the republic.So it's not likely to see Pu Yi in Manchukuo with still an imperial China around.

How to fix that damned german AI? What's the point of garrisoning every single tiny island? They have about 10 divisions in Europe, while France about 5 times that. :mad:

I recently read that the vanilla SOV/RUS leader/minister Smuschkevich is from Latvia! :eek:
if that impacts kaiserreich at all...:p

Akaki said:
How to fix that damned german AI? What's the point of garrisoning every single tiny island? They have about 10 divisions in Europe, while France about 5 times that. :mad:

That is just vanilla HOI2 and DD AI. I haven't seen any mod I've tried been able to change that. It's why I try to play the country the mod was designed for. My German Reich has the troops in perfect shape to beat the frogs, capture Egypt and Africa and stay in Vietnam, China and Truk.

When I play the CSA, same thing goes. If you expect to play a third party country and expect the main designed one AI to do well you will only see it 1 in every 5 or 6 games. Hope that helps.

Uhm... So the mod wasn't designed to play as Russia, eh? :D I've noticed in the AI files that Germany has 1 to 1 ratio of home and overseas forces - while original UK AI has 1.5 and 0.5 ratio - and uses it's forces well. Maybe that's the way?

Akaki said:

:) I've actually managed to fix the German AI, so it'll be a lot more effective in the next version.

Allelujah!

But... When will you release the next version, eh? This weekend, right? ;)

And few more things... Will you fix those "deterministic war events", guarantees of independence american civil war (island VPs...)? And will there be proclamation of tzar/wrangel doctrine?