+ Reply to Thread
Page 114 of 429 FirstFirst ... 14 39 64 89 104 112 113 114 115 116 124 139 164 189 214 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 8568

Thread: Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg - Global Alternate History Mod for HOI2

Capitalist Extraordinaire DirtyCommiePuke's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonHearts of Iron IIIIron CrossSemper Fi

Are there surrender events for the USA in the civil war? In my game, the CSA has captured all of mainland US (except for California, which is also at war with the US but not the CSA) but there is no way for it to annex the US, since it can't deploy transports, because all their ports are occupied, not controlled. Shouldn't their be an event that triggers when the CSA controls Washington, New York etc, allowing them to annex?

EDIT: Also, oil in Alaska events? 2000 supplies and 1000 money for... 60 oil? Who on earth would do that? You could probably get 6000 oil for all that if you traded with Venezuela or something.
    Last edited by DirtyCommiePuke; 25-09-2006 at 17:42.

Deus Vult

I finally got this mod in working condition and all I can say is: Wow! I've played around with Russia quite a bit and the events are all very well done, and there seem to bit quite a few directions where Russia as a nation can go, which is quite nice. And that's just scratching the surface, as I'm sure other nations offer an interesting playing experience as well. So thank you for an extremely interesting mod!

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Quote Originally Posted by angahir
    I finally got this mod in working condition and all I can say is: Wow! I've played around with Russia quite a bit and the events are all very well done, and there seem to bit quite a few directions where Russia as a nation can go, which is quite nice. And that's just scratching the surface, as I'm sure other nations offer an interesting playing experience as well. So thank you for an extremely interesting mod!
    Well, as of now, Russia has the most events since they were taken from the "All the Russias" mod that Sarmy made but we hope to have events for every country like that someday.
    "How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct." - Benjamin Disraeli

"Morality may consist solely in the courage of making a choice." - Leon Blum

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCommiePuke
    Are there surrender events for the USA in the civil war? In my game, the CSA has captured all of mainland US (except for California, which is also at war with the US but not the CSA) but there is no way for it to annex the US, since it can't deploy transports, because all their ports are occupied, not controlled. Shouldn't their be an event that triggers when the CSA controls Washington, New York etc, allowing them to annex?

EDIT: Also, oil in Alaska events? 2000 supplies and 1000 money for... 60 oil? Who on earth would do that? You could probably get 6000 oil for all that if you traded with Venezuela or something.
    I'm in the process of making and submitting surrender events for the Civil War 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Deus Vult

So what's the deal with certain nations doing no research at all? I'm playing Russia and have managed to put together a pretty nice alliance with Don-Kuban Union (puppeted via event), Aldash Orda, Georgia, Ukraine, Romania and Estonia (a liberated puppet). For some reason Romania and Aldash Orda don't appear to be doing any research at all, even though Romania has the most IC out of my allies (due to conquests in Bulgaria) and Aldash-Orda swallowed Turkestan, with the help of Russian troops, of course. At the same time tiny countries like Don-Kuban Union and Estonia, both of them puppets, are doing some research.

edit: I loaded the game as both Romania and Aldash Orda and neither of them has any tech teams, which might just explain the fact there is no kind of research done in those countries. So, why are they missing tech teams? Is this WAD or is there something seriously wrong with my installation?
    Last edited by angahir; 30-09-2006 at 14:24.

Deus Vult

Is there an event similar to Bitter Peace for Germany in this mod? Commune of France and I (again as Russia) have conquered most of Germany. The only VP provinces Germany has left are Fiji and Tawara, and they are out of reach for Russian troops. Japan could conquer them at will, but not at all surprisingly the AI is just sitting around instead of doing something useful.

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

I think you need more territorial claims, so the game is more fun
    And less belligerance hits, the game engine handles belligerance pretty poorly.

But I think this a mod with a great future, excellent work.

What is a good starting country for this mod, first time out of the gate? I am an experienced HOI2 player.

Deus Vult

Quote Originally Posted by The_Kipper
    What is a good starting country for this mod, first time out of the gate? I am an experienced HOI2 player.
    Well, Russia makes for a great experience IMO. You start off very weak and have to seriously think about the state of your military, your foreign policy and so forth. The US will get into a bloody and possibly long civil war, which might be a nice challenge and would also allow you to observe the events in Europe from a safe distance. Germany seems to be in dire straits, but taking into consideration the weakness of the AI, defeating the French and doing something about Russia shouldn't really be that hard.
    By the grace of God, Emperor and Autocrat of all the Russias, of Moscow, Kiev, Vladimir, Novgorod, Tsar of Kazan, Tsar of Astrakhan, Tsar of Poland, Tsar of Siberia, Tsar of Tauric Khersones, Tsar of Georgia, Lord of Pskov, and Grand Duke of Smolensk, Lithuania, Volhynia, Podolia, and Finland, Prince of Estonia, Livonia, Courland and Semigalia, Samogitia, Białystok, Karelia, Tver, Yugra, Perm, Vyatka, Bulgaria, and other territories; Lord and Grand Duke of Nizhni Novgorod, Chernigov; Ruler of Ryazan, Polotsk, Rostov, Yaroslavl, Beloozero, Udoria, Obdoria, Kondia, Vitebsk, Mstislav, and all northern territories ; Ruler of Iveria, Kartalinia, and the Kabardinian lands and Armenian territories - hereditary Ruler and Lord of the Cherkess and Mountain Princes and others; Lord of Turkestan, Heir of Norway, Duke of Schleswig-Holstein, Stormarn, Dithmarschen, Oldenburg, and so forth, and so forth, and so forth.

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Syndicalist music pack was deleted by RapidShare, any other place to download it from?

Well, Russia makes for a great experience IMO. You start off very weak and have to seriously think about the state of your military, your foreign policy and so forth. The US will get into a bloody and possibly long civil war, which might be a nice challenge and would also allow you to observe the events in Europe from a safe distance. Germany seems to be in dire straits, but taking into consideration the weakness of the AI, defeating the French and doing something about Russia shouldn't really be that hard.
    Thanks, I decided on the US based on your observation of watching Europe. So far I went with the America First Union, lucked out and only have the syndicates to destroy in NE.

I used Jake Featherston's Operation Blackbeard on them and they are in serious trouble now.

I guess with Huey in charge I will follow the guidelines of the party stance and make the Western Hemisphere a US controlled space. This will probably, almost certainly place me at war with the allies. Anybody done this before?

I think the Reich would be my apparent ally, down the line. I plan to just focus on making my own VP pile for awhile down to South America and also upset the Japs.

Feel free to give advice or tell me I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Biges
    Syndicalist music pack was deleted by RapidShare, any other place to download it from?

Yes the extras say that it was not needed but the size of those two files shows they weren't part of the main download. I had the same question and wanted the skins too. Did not see them on the subforum either. Any help?

Deus Vult

Quote Originally Posted by The_Kipper
    This will probably, almost certainly place me at war with the allies. Anybody done this before?
    I take it that by allies you mean the Syndicalists? Commune of France and Republic of Sicilies are allied, and the British will join them 2 times out of 3. As far as I can tell, only the British have a real navy, the French and Italian navys are mostly a joke, especially after a few encounters with the German Hochseeflotte.

Also bear in mind that 1939 is the year when things start happening in Europe. The Syndicalist Block attacks the German Weltreich and the Germans will have severe difficulties in fighting the French. The Japanese will also start invading the German colonies in Eastern Asia. Russia will usually also get into the war at this point, either as an ally of either Germany or Japan or as an independent war-monger. So allying with Germany will usually at the very least give you the strongest AI-controlled navy to play around with.
    By the grace of God, Emperor and Autocrat of all the Russias, of Moscow, Kiev, Vladimir, Novgorod, Tsar of Kazan, Tsar of Astrakhan, Tsar of Poland, Tsar of Siberia, Tsar of Tauric Khersones, Tsar of Georgia, Lord of Pskov, and Grand Duke of Smolensk, Lithuania, Volhynia, Podolia, and Finland, Prince of Estonia, Livonia, Courland and Semigalia, Samogitia, Białystok, Karelia, Tver, Yugra, Perm, Vyatka, Bulgaria, and other territories; Lord and Grand Duke of Nizhni Novgorod, Chernigov; Ruler of Ryazan, Polotsk, Rostov, Yaroslavl, Beloozero, Udoria, Obdoria, Kondia, Vitebsk, Mstislav, and all northern territories ; Ruler of Iveria, Kartalinia, and the Kabardinian lands and Armenian territories - hereditary Ruler and Lord of the Cherkess and Mountain Princes and others; Lord of Turkestan, Heir of Norway, Duke of Schleswig-Holstein, Stormarn, Dithmarschen, Oldenburg, and so forth, and so forth, and so forth.

I take it that by allies you mean the Syndicalists? Commune of France and Republic of Sicilies are allied, and the British will join them 2 times out of 3. As far as I can tell, only the British have a real navy, the French and Italian navys are mostly a joke, especially after a few encounters with the German Hochseeflotte.

Also bear in mind that 1939 is the year when things start happening in Europe. The Syndicalist Block attacks the German Weltreich and the Germans will have severe difficulties in fighting the French. The Japanese will also start invading the German colonies in Eastern Asia. Russia will usually also get into the war at this point, either as an ally of either Germany or Japan or as an independent war-monger. So allying with Germany will usually at the very least give you the strongest AI-controlled navy to play around with.
    Thats wanted I wanted to know. Thanks. To clarify my ally question part is that I went with the Union Party in the US and plan to invade all of North and South America. This way I can watch my first game develop overseas and keep myself busy in the Western Hemisphere.

Also why does the game music die after the playing of the Fatherland added music?

I downloaded this mod yesterday... And wow. I'm almost to 1938 as Germany and its deliciously fun. Just thought I'd say keep up the amazing work gentlemen!

US Union Unplayable....

Check into the US events. Because of the transfer of political power my Union States tech schemes change and all the old techs are shown as currently researched. The new Texan tech corps can develop new ones but cannot complete any previous ones. The game breakers are the Industrial ones, you can never get past Construction Techs because they are locked. Good mod though, I'll play Germany though next time.

Is Germany Playable...

Should I give up and try playing the Reich? Also why doesn't the starting nations have an ahistorical script. It is just from the vanilla game or did I miss something? Sorry to complain, I'm just used to something smoother and responses to problem questions. Still a cool mod though.

Second Lieutenant
    HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneSemper FiSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband

I suspect changing countries might be necessary. We've found problems when countries changes tags (as you did when you became the Union State) including the tech one you mentioned. As yet we've not found a way round them so....

As for the historical country descriptions. We have a large list of alternate ones ready to put in (see the other forum for them) but I think Sarmatia is planning to wait and put them all in at once at a later stage.
    No matter how bad you think things are, they're worse and you're just not paranoid enough to see it.

The enemy of my enemy is also my enemy and will stab me in the back at the first opportunity.

"Consequences" - an ATR AAR as Italy - Now complete after a total of 31 seperate wars and the creation of a new era.

Quote Originally Posted by Timotheos
    I suspect changing countries might be necessary. We've found problems when countries changes tags (as you did when you became the Union State) including the tech one you mentioned. As yet we've not found a way round them so....

As for the historical country descriptions. We have a large list of alternate ones ready to put in (see the other forum for them) but I think Sarmatia is planning to wait and put them all in at once at a later stage.
    Thanks, I will start a new one as Germany now. The tag issue is a killer, good luck with that. I was playing the US first to see what happened to the Reich. Time to just jump in and find out playing it myself.

Europa Universalis 3

I haven't tried it myself yet, but I've heard that stopping all research prior to changing the tag avoids this problem.

+ Reply to Thread