• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
:) All the more reason for the Hungarians to drive a hard bargain for complete self-determination (and control over their own foreign trade policy) when the Ausgleich is renegotiated in 1937...

Yeah, I was looking through the event files and you guys have done an awesome job on those Austria-Hungary events.

But I was just asking, since this means Hungary can't really do much for about a year.

I can't wait for this mod to be completed, it just looks so awesome.

lees said:
It's for HoI II, but I think the team's working on a Doomday version.

This is true.

However, as I have posted in almost page of this thread for the past couple of months, the current version does work with Doomsday, although the AI doesn't send spies.

DirtyCommiePuke said:
Does this work in multi?

If so, when this mod is completed, there could be a huge multiplayer game of this.

I don't know how multiplayer works generally, but I'd assume that if everyone playing had the same version of the mod, things should run...

So, what's next?

i have a problem, when i play as the US, my game crashes just after i enact the conversion to the union state.

why do i go for huey long i hear you ask, if you don't he breaks away and takes the texas oil fields with him, you desperately need them for trading.

Yeah, unfortunately I only recently realised that the event command which changes one country into another one is severely bugged, so those events will have to be redone a bit.

In the meantime, you can still have Huey Long win the election and be in charge of the USA without turning into the Union State...

yeah i did that and i have to deal with those rotten canadians, they supported california's claims and occupied alaska before the event that offers divisions in exchange, but they only have one division so it shouldn't be too hard to deal them, just time consuming.

Woow I'm really impressed by this mod. I like the idea of the Royals still in charge in the countries and the new environment this scenario creates (with a strong German colony in Africa, new nations in Asia (a German trading company, a royalist China, city states),... A perfect setup of a world ready to explode with so many possibilities.

I can't wait to see this mod progresses. WOOW :cool:

die said:
Am I supposed to play as Germany in this MOD, or do I still get all the fun if I play as Argentina for example? Do I still get the entire "storyline" of the MOD to know?
It's best to play as Russia, USA, Germany or Austria as they have the most developed events. Any other major should be pretty fun and have some sort of events.

First I’d like to say I’ve enjoyed playing this more than the actual game itself and continue to hope that this mod will be deemed complete. To that end I’d like to post a few suggestions - please don’t take these as negative as it is my intent to improve my own gaming experience through the hard work of others :rolleyes:

Germany and the Solomon Islands – Presently Germany tends to occupy each island with what turns out to be a majority of its army. As these islands are merely eye-candy for the Kaiser (I have the BIGGEST empire in the world) my suggestion would be to turn the whole area (pacific islands + New Guinea) into a German protectorate - i.e. puppet - maybe with 5 off board IC to maintain a small fleet and odd division. Might improve Germany vs France, Russia, and Japan.

Minor change – Japan still has garrisons on two pacific islands; and wherever there is a Marine (German or otherwise) there should be a transport and naval squadron.

France and Russian armies – presently both have ahistorical (in terms of the starting techs) modern mobile forces (tanks/mobile Inf) – replace both with cavalry (and in Russia’s case lots of cavalry – If game balance is the reason maybe free units when certain techs are discovered would be a better solution.

Britain – Assuming such major losses would the ‘people’s committee’ allow such a large navy – specifically Carriers and Battleships – let them keep the techs but not the ships – spread those out as reparations or just sold to finance a public health plan . A Swedish Carrier or Brazilian Battle Fleet. If an invasion from Mother Canada is a rational, then costal forts; garrisons; nav. bombers and submarines would be a cheaper alternative. – like the ship name btw 

USA – I really enjoy the crumbling and fragmented war but it needs to last longer – the AI seems to do well with the building of ground forces as well as using them but I haven’t seen any air or naval builds – perhaps a split of the US navy and army airforce is in order and/or ‘donations’ from abroad from the respective power blocks France=Syndicate; Japan=California and maybe Germany=Union State. Also my thought is that the partisan activity needs to be felt by removing the cores from the respective parties on the rest of the states and returning them once certain goals are met (like the surrender of the defeated power) – ex. CSA territory remains hostile to the USA until the CSA is no more (cores are removed from both at creation of the CSA and returned to the USA in this case when the CSA is defeated) maybe with periodic events i.e. ‘uprisings’ (decent hits). And maybe tie this in to another suggestion that the USA needs to have its intervention moved every so often as those powers from across the ocean are supplying our enemies.

Also maybe Mexican intervention when the Union State is on its last legs (gaining cores on the southwest USA) and a war (need to build up Mexico abit)

China Unification event tree – maybe as the Quin? Empire – maybe linked to Russian intervention events as well as wars of conquest.

Ottoman Empire and the Arab world – needs a good war :)

India also needs a good war :rolleyes:

Military Doctrine – perhaps France, Britain, and the USAs should be able to ‘choose’ their doctrine tree like Russia (only earlier) as the losers their military would look for answers.

Thanks for reading this very long post.

Ok, I'm having some big problems trying to use this MOD.

This is what I've done:
- I made a fresh install of Hoi2:DD
- I installed patch 1.1 and 1.2 for DD
- I downloaded the last MOD version and installed it.

When I start up the game:
- It starts up like it's supposed to be
- I load up the 36 Kaiserreich campaign as austria
- During the loading I get several error messages about ID's which have already been taken.
- The world map I get is similar to the old one. For example, the UK has a lot of land in Africa.
- When I quit the campaign I get a CTD.

I deinstalled HOI2:DD and made a fresh reinstall of everything, this had the same results.

Does anybody know anything about what I'm doin wrong. I'm really looking forward to play this MOD, so plz help me.