+ Reply to Thread
Page 106 of 429 FirstFirst ... 6 31 56 81 96 104 105 106 107 108 116 131 156 181 206 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 8569

Thread: Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg - Global Alternate History Mod for HOI2

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Kordo
    For some reason, everytime I try to use the JSGME thingy, the program freezes. Is there some other way to install this excellent looking mod?
    How long does it freeze for? As the JSGME essentially copies about 25MB of files twice, it may look like it's not doing anything for a minute or so (maybe longer, depending on the speed of your computer).

Another way of installing the mod is to make a copy of your entire HOI2 directory, and then paste the "MODS\Kaiserreich Beta Ia" files into it, so all the modded files overwrite the vanilla versions.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest Hour

Quote Originally Posted by Sarmatia1871
    How long does it freeze for? As the JSGME essentially copies about 25MB of files twice, it may look like it's not doing anything for a minute or so (maybe longer, depending on the speed of your computer).
    It's certainly freezing, when I do ctrl-alt-delete it says its 'not responding',

Another way of installing the mod is to make a copy of your entire HOI2 directory, and then paste the "MODS\Kaiserreich Beta Ia" files into it, so all the modded files overwrite the vanilla versions.
    I think thats what I'm gonna have to do.

Thanks for the help!
    "Kill Japs, Kill Japs, Kill more Japs!'”
    -Admiral Halsey

200k clubEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineRome: Vae Victis
    Europa Universalis IV

Excellent Mod you have made here!
    I just tested it (as Germany ), it really already plays very nicely.
    Some observations:
    • Germany needs to change its naval doctrine. It definately shouldn't be Sealane Interdiction, but probably Fleet-in-being. I would also give them Battlefleet Concentration, Subsidiary Carrier and Floating Fortress Doctrine.
    • Also all the German artillery brigades are of the first level (Great War Light Artillery), they should be at least Great War Heavy Artillery or considering Germanys reliance on firepower probably early artillery.
    • Austria-Hungary combined has higher base IC than Germany (ca. 170 to 150). This doesn't seem right. You could probably give Germany more IC considering that they didn't have a great depression nor had to pay reparations in this timeline.
      Or if you feel this would overpower Germany and unbalance things, you could tone down Austria-Hungary's IC (and probably the US,too if they have been in an economic decline.)
    • Some more countries (like Austria or Union of Britain) should probably have peacetime IC penalties and the USA should gets its peacetime penalty removed, the moment there is a secession (to mobilise for possible civil war).
    • Finally there are still some Japanese divisions on the German pacific islands. (Eniwetok and Marianen I think)
    That's it, I think, really a very interesting scenario.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by seboden
    Excellent Mod you have made here!
    I just tested it (as Germany ), it really already plays very nicely.
    Some observations:
    • Germany needs to change its naval doctrine. It definately shouldn't be Sealane Interdiction, but probably Fleet-in-being. I would also give them Battlefleet Concentration, Subsidiary Carrier and Floating Fortress Doctrine.
    • Also all the German artillery brigades are of the first level (Great War Light Artillery), they should be at least Great War Heavy Artillery or considering Germanys reliance on firepower probably early artillery.
    • Austria-Hungary combined has higher base IC than Germany (ca. 170 to 150). This doesn't seem right. You could probably give Germany more IC considering that they didn't have a great depression nor had to pay reparations in this timeline.
      Or if you feel this would overpower Germany and unbalance things, you could tone down Austria-Hungary's IC (and probably the US,too if they have been in an economic decline.)
    • Some more countries (like Austria or Union of Britain) should probably have peacetime IC penalties and the USA should gets its peacetime penalty removed, the moment there is a secession (to mobilise for possible civil war).
    • Finally there are still some Japanese divisions on the German pacific islands. (Eniwetok and Marianen I think)
    That's it, I think, really a very interesting scenario.
    Many thanks for the feedback! I'll have to go hunting for Japanese island garrisons again, as I thought I got rid of them all....

We're going over quite a lot of these points in the subforum, if you want to join and comment. For example, there is an extensive discussion on German IC here: http://s11.invisionfree.com/Kaiserre...?showtopic=127; and a rather less extensive discussion on German naval doctrines here: http://s11.invisionfree.com/Kaiserre...p?showtopic=59

Infact, I think all the nations of the Austro-Hungarian Empire are overpowered. Or at least it seems this way because if Austria takes over all of them through annexation her IC level is absolutely ridiculous. Why? Because she gets claims on all those provinces (bad idea, IMO).

I'd tone down the Balkans economies and beef up Germany at the same time.
    SMEP 6.0 for AOD 1.08 and Sexxicolors
    Get them here
    Latest release: March 6, 2013
    Vultures In The Sky: A Desert Fox Multiplayer AAR

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For The GloryHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Warlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Kordo
    It's certainly freezing, when I do ctrl-alt-delete it says its 'not responding',
    I have programs doing that when it's only busy, though, so I wouldn't call that a certain, but if it is sitting for something like 5-10 minutes without responding, then it'd be a good call.
    “We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.”
    -T.S. Elliot

Ukraine Event

Here is a stab at the Ukraine event pic

500k club

Quote Originally Posted by T-hiddemen
    Here is a stab at the Ukraine event pic

Excellent many thanks!

We may in a few days time have a list of counters in need of production too...

500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Atruejedi
    Infact, I think all the nations of the Austro-Hungarian Empire are overpowered. Or at least it seems this way because if Austria takes over all of them through annexation her IC level is absolutely ridiculous. Why? Because she gets claims on all those provinces (bad idea, IMO).

I'd tone down the Balkans economies and beef up Germany at the same time.
    The problem with this is that the Austro-Hungarian constituent states are roughly at the level of power that I want them to be, and are fairly self-sufficient as independant countries.

The main point would be to tone down an annexationist Austria (which is supposed to be an extreme and rarely seen result of the Ausgleich!), which could either be done by some built-in IC penalty for the events which annex the Balkan states, and/or remove Austrian cores on these annexed territories.

Definitely been asked before, where can I download v1.3b?

I've been frustratingly trying to play Kaiserreich and just realized that 1) I've been choosing the wrong scenario and 2) that I've been playing v1.3a.

Of course. I've been dying to play this mod ever since I started reading about it, means alot.

Hearts of Iron III

Questions about Russia.

1. Which are the events that give Russia cores on their former lands?

2. Why does Russia only gets cores on the northern Kazakh border and not on all of Central Asia?

500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Hearts
    Questions about Russia.

1. Which are the events that give Russia cores on their former lands?

2. Why does Russia only gets cores on the northern Kazakh border and not on all of Central Asia?
    Russian issues (including these, methinks...), being discussed here: http://z11.invisionfree.com/Kaiserre...act=SF&f=7&st=

And here: http://z11.invisionfree.com/Kaiserre...hp?showforum=3

Galiyev

Hello All,

Someone may have made this guy during my hiatus, but I was cleaning out my PMs and found this request for Sultan Galiyev

Hello Again, last month Afsin requested a Turkistan Skin, and here it is. I did use a different image of the Bokhara mosque as this one is in a different perspective than the one you gave me, and it fits the image better, but if there is some special significance to the image you gave me I can swap it . . .

500k club

Many thanks!

Can we also have one for AlgOstAsien, as they seem to be a fairly popular country?

The only proper minister we have for them at the moment is Alexander von Falkenhausen, but there are loads of potentially appropriate pictures here: http://www.boxeraufstand.de/

And the "Kiatschou" section here: http://www.deutsche-schutzgebiete.de...e-kolonien.htm

Can we also have one for AlgOstAsien, as they seem to be a fairly popular country?
    Yes, AOG, my dear AOG!
    Can Germany preserve her new world order?
    Test out Kaiserreich - Legacy of the Weltkrieg
    A global alternative history mod for Hearts of Iron II

ds

Many thanks!

The only proper minister we have for them at the moment is Alexander von Falkenhausen, but there are loads of potentially appropriate pictures here: http://www.boxeraufstand.de/

And the "Kiatschou" section here: http://www.deutsche-schutzgebiete.de...e-kolonien.htm

OK, I'll work on that this afternoon when we get back from our kids baseball game . . .

Many thanks!

Can someone gove me a brief synopsis of the AlgOstAsien History in the Kaiserreich Timeline? Do we have flags/shields and any other imagery?

ANd how does Kiatschou relate??

+ Reply to Thread