• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
He means 1.3b for Hearts of Iron 2, not Doomsday. Doomsday v1.2 should do you fine.

LordAggony said:
Well I downloaded the mod, but now I can't decide what would be an interesting country to play as. So could someone suggest a country for me? (no syndicalists though)

I'd probably go for Russia in the current version, as it has the most events and you can choose your political direction.

Sarmatia1871 said:
Hmmm, okay - Vladivostok might be bit out of the way for him to want to resettle in though!

Alternatively, is he (or anyone else...) a good candidate for a more nativist Baltic uprising against the German dominated government of the VBH?

Hi Sarmy

I have spent the summer vacation playing other games, breaking in a new and faster laptop, and doing lots of non computer things, but have gotten bored with other games and am loading HOI2 and Doomsday on the new machine right now, so I will probably be around starting soon.

Let me know how I can help with the mod.

One of my former students has made great progress in writing a program to scan the hard drive for HOI graphics and then let you pick and choose among skins, flags, shields, front ends etc. You can click and change and it will archive past choices to let you go back. It is still very alpha

T-hiddemen said:
Hi Sarmy

I have spent the summer vacation playing other games, breaking in a new and faster laptop, and doing lots of non computer things, but have gotten bored with other games and am loading HOI2 and Doomsday on the new machine right now, so I will probably be around starting soon.

One of my former students has made great progress in writing a program to scan the hard drive for HOI graphics and then let you pick and choose among skins, flags, shields, front ends etc. You can click and change and it will archive past choices to let you go back. It is still very alpha

:eek: - Ye Gods, He Lives!!!!!!!

:D Welcome back - we actually have a new subforum for the mod now (link in sig...) which goes over stuff which we're doing or working on (and means information is now actually possible to locate). Not much in the way of graphics has been worked on since your departure, as there's very few other people who can do them, so anything really would be good!

I'd quite like to get event pictures done for a lot of the new events, and I noticed we do need a new 'Endgame' screen, as we're still using the vanilla one (with the Communist and Axis iconography...).

Just a thought, maybe this could help for some kind of Entente iconography...

entente.jpg

LordAggony said:
Well I downloaded the mod, but now I can't decide what would be an interesting country to play as. So could someone suggest a country for me? (no syndicalists though)

Yeah go for Russia for the most complete and rounded experience in the Beta :)

T-hiddemen said:
Hi Sarmy

YAY, he's back

Sarmatia1871 said:
:D Excellent - many thanks!

Can we actually have the same image as an event picture as well please?

Certainly! It may not be today, however. We have an appraiser coming to look at the house tomorrow morning and I have some cleaning to do, as well as the kids baseball and soccer games to go to, so today is busy.

don't know if this have been posted already, since I don't have time or patience to read through this entire thread, but why can't Russia research any land doctrines at all? And, I also noticed Russia have two similar Lt. General Khalatov :)

Comrade Kalle said:
don't know if this have been posted already, since I don't have time or patience to read through this entire thread, but why can't Russia research any land doctrines at all? And, I also noticed Russia have two similar Lt. General Khalatov :)
Russia will get an event where they get to choose their doctrinal path.

Zuckergußgebäck said:
Russia will get an event where they get to choose their doctrinal path.
aah, that's nice ^^
I've played as Germany too, and from what I've noticed, they have no duplicate leaders, while Russia have several copies, especially air leaders :confused:
Is it supposed to be this way, or is it just not fixed yet?

Comrade Kalle said:
aah, that's nice ^^
I've played as Germany too, and from what I've noticed, they have no duplicate leaders, while Russia have several copies, especially air leaders :confused:
Is it supposed to be this way, or is it just not fixed yet?

Not fixed yet - all observations along these lines, pending elimination, generally live here: http://s11.invisionfree.com/Kaiserreich/index.php?showtopic=61