• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sarmatia1871 said:
Now added to first page:

IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS: Make sure your HOI2 is patched to 1.3b (if not, error messages will appear on loadup), and that you select the Kaiserreich scenario at the bottom of the list.

So it doesn't work with Doomsday?

Pity.

I tried to install this as a moddir file, but the game keeps getting errors reading the AI files, and the tech teams don't show up in game.

The Events, however, do.

Yeah, if you use moddir you have to copy the Kaiserreich AI files into the 'Hearts of Iron\AI' directory, as they're loaded up via a link in the .inc file.

Not sure why the tech-teams wouldn't show up though...

Sarmatia1871 said:
Yeah, if you use moddir you have to copy the Kaiserreich AI files into the 'Hearts of Iron\AI' directory, as they're loaded up via a link in the .inc file.

Ah, yes, that makes sense.

Only the US, oddly. Does it have to do with the fact that they start out with an effective IC of 4?

Hrrm. And the game crashes, without fail, on January 15.

Faeelin said:
Only the US, oddly. Does it have to do with the fact that they start out with an effective IC of 4?

Hrrm. And the game crashes, without fail, on January 15.

Um there is something slightly wrong with your game ;) I think USA should have about 95IC. Is there any particular reason you can't use the JSGME utility packaged with the mod?

Sarmatia1871 said:

Moddir doesn't really work with DD (which I assume Faelin is attempting). Not only do you have to copy all the unmodded db files into the moddir directory, CTD errors are an inevitability. Learned this the hard way with the initial DD version of my mod...

JSGME works just dandy, though.

Hey, why doesn't France gets cores on Grenoble and Alsace-Lorraine?

Thinking about Mittelafrika now, though I don't speak German. Is 1. Infanterie-/Panzer-/Kavellerie-/Sicherungs-/etc.-Division correct? I know it's somehing like that.

BTW, is there any other gruntish text file editing needed? I seem to be enjoying this...

L'Afrique said:
Thinking about Mittelafrika now, though I don't speak German. Is 1. Infanterie-/Panzer-/Kavellerie-/Sicherungs-/etc.-Division correct? I know it's somehing like that.

BTW, is there any other gruntish text file editing needed? I seem to be enjoying this...

For regular German stuff yes, but Mittelafrika may be slightly different as it's a bit more colonial (eg. don't forget the Askaris!). So, this site might be of some use: http://www.sacktrick.com/igu/germancolonialuniforms/ (the links page is especially good)

:D Can't think of any gruntish text editing off-hand, although we do definitely need some event descriptions for the Papal Conclave and Balkan War event chains (they're stickied in the subforum in the relevant places).

Sarmatia1871 said:
It is a check on AI behaviour - they are likely to get them via events as the game progresses.

Hmm. What event gives it to them?

Looked at some colonial stuff. I'm thinking the regualr inf, cav, mot, mec, and arm willl be mostly Schutztruppe with a few colonial divisions. (Askaris!)
The Polizeitruppe will be garrisons, and militia will be a mixture of reservists and natives. What would be the word used for the reserves and natives? And could I somehow get a list of colony names in German? Still debating about specialized infantry. To clarify:

1. x Schutztruppe-Division
1. x ST Panzer-Division
1. x Polizeitruppe-Division
1. x Scutztruppe-Division (mot./mec.)
1. x ST Kavallerie-Division

X is the colony of origin.

Those would be correct? I need the format for reserves and natives. I'll also spice it up with nicknames and the like.

Also, I updated my Caribbean list for ship names on the subforum.

In addition, would 'Colinal Flotte-Schiff' be a good (and correctly phrased) designation for the fleet?

CFS Goering would be a great carrier...