• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sarmatia1871 said:
Good idea, although I don't think he's even been active here for the past month and half....

Couldn't somebody e-mail him?

Do you think copying the unit names from GER or FRG, and renaming anything explicit, would suffice for Mittelakrika? Their names are currently in French.

And for GeneralHannible: Is the mispelling of 'Hannibal' intentional?

L'Afrique said:
Couldn't somebody e-mail him?

Do you think copying the unit names from GER or FRG, and renaming anything explicit, would suffice for Mittelakrika? Their names are currently in French.

And for GeneralHannible: Is the mispelling of 'Hannibal' intentional?

no it is not but someday I will PM an Admin to change it when I'm in better favor. ( I lost some postcount for accedentily spamming (I didn't realize at the time)). Sarmy, also, why don't we incorperate the addisional things into the main mod download.

GeneralHannible said:
Sarmy, also, why don't we incorperate the addisional things into the main mod download.
Because then it would make it rather a lot larger ;)

Personally, I don't like loads of fancy graphics and the music doesn't matter because I have it turned off.

:D I still have bad memories of being a 56K modem user, so I like having large files split up, particularly if some parts are optional!

Rapidshare also has a 100mb limit, and everything together might exceed this.

You guys are all right but maybe we could have a thing that is all togeter if it dose not exede 100mb.

So, how far do you have till the next release? What work still needs to be done? If it is something I can do I'd be interested in helping. :)

GeneralHannible said:
You guys are all right but maybe we could have a thing that is all togeter if it dose not exede 100mb.

It also takes a long time to upload - the 60MB graphics pack took me two hours!

SeanB said:
So, how far do you have till the next release? What work still needs to be done? If it is something I can do I'd be interested in helping. :)

Next release requires integration of what's been posted on the subforum, and possibly a few more events from me.

Lots of things still need doing, and help is always appreciated! Check out the subforum for a more specific idea.

Downloaded the mod yesterday - really great even at this stage, I tried it with the French Commune, screwed up rather badly at first due to rather carelessly invading Spain... Ah well, having a mechanized hybrid of the First Marne and Valmy was quite fun. Keep up the good work!

I just got the "Scenario File has Errors" message, I don't think it's quite gone. I downloaded just the basic files (Still waiting for Rapidshare to unlock me), and used HoI2 1.3b, utilizing both JSGME, and then later, a full copy over of the game with everything completely installed. Unfortunately, when I get this message, there appear to be no changes ingame. I didn't check Germany's ministers, but Edouard Benes is still in charge in Czechoslovakia, and The Union of Britain has Stanley Baldwin as PM and the King is still sitting on the throne! I assume these things were changed in Kaiserreich.
Graphical changes come in fine, and Die Wacht am Rhein plays fine at the menu, but nothing is changed in the scenario due to a bad download or a bad scenario file. Unfortunately, I don't know enough about HoI2 modding to fix it myself, so I'll assume there's a fix available? Surely there must be someone else in the same boat.

:) Hmmm, spoke too soon earlier!

To repeat:

Sarmatia1871 said:
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS: Make sure your HOI2 is patched to 1.3b (if not, error messages will appear on loadup), and that you select the Kaiserreich scenario at the bottom of the list.

And, I have tried Anti-Commi's idea of renaming the .eug file, and still nichts (even his own scenario appears at the bottom of the scenario list when I downloaded and activated it!).

Has anyone actually got this to work?

Sarmatia1871 said:
:) Hmmm, spoke too soon earlier!

To repeat:

And, I have tried Anti-Commi's idea of renaming the .eug file, and still nichts (even his own scenario appears at the bottom of the scenario list when I downloaded and activated it!).

wierd, it works for me :confused:

Sarmatia1871 said:

Mate, try deleting all the other scenarios like 1914 mod does, that way there would only be one choice and naturally, it would be at the top :)

Evans said:
Mate, try deleting all the other scenarios like 1914 mod does, that way there would only be one choice and naturally, it would be at the top :)
Then you wouldn't be able to use the handy swapping utility. Even swapping in 0kb files wouldn't work as they would still have been modified recently.

tombom said:
Then you wouldn't be able to use the handy swapping utility. Even swapping in 0kb files wouldn't work as they would still have been modified recently.

This is true - one way of getting around this could be including dummy .eug files in the /scenarios folder, in which the vanilla scenarios are renamed something along the lines of 'DO NOT SELECT ME!' and given a continuous picture of a scowling Prussian pointing downwards...

Hey... that sounds good! How about von Blomberg?
blombergk.jpg