• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That makes sense... My idea was to replace Soviet names in the models list with more neutral ones, and since I went with the "democratic tsardom" path, I did not think about ther goverment options. Or, perhaps, Stolypin? All in all, every government (except for the Bolsheviks - but they use the SOV tag, don't they?) should hold him in some esteem.

EDIT: Shouldn't Kem, Kandalaksja and Petrozavodovsk be Russian cores? All in all, they are in Russia, they have been a part of Russia for centuries and without them, Murmansk and Kola are left withou "core connection" with the interior.

EDIT2: August 1940; CSA wins the civil war and recieves Alaska from Canada, but when it demands New Englad (the Canadians refuse), they recieve cores on all the region, except for Albany, Worcester, Boston and Hartford. Bug or wad?

Last edited:
Whenever I chose Soviets as Russia, all the techs I was working on appear like I was working on them, but the tech teams are not busy. As a result, I can't research those techs. Do you guys know about this possible bug?

It is a bug that is unfixable aka just part of the game - you either have to edit your savegame or sometimes the events are set up so that you have a chance to quit all your research before the switch

probably the best way to edit the savegame is to open it in notepad - and do a search for the name of one of the tech teams currently working on something - then delete all the techs that you had being "workeding" on - just leaving the ones that you actually are - make a backup of your savegame first thought!

Shouldn't Kem, Kandalaksja and Petrozavodovsk be Russian cores? All in all, they are in Russia, they have been a part of Russia for centuries and without them, Murmansk and Kola are left withou "core connection" with the interior.
Actually, this is a very good point.

Akira said:
Actually, this is a very good point.

Although I can offer you one that may explain it all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heimosodat

Considering the whites won the civil war in this alternative universe, creating a much weaker Russia than the Soviet Union in reality, it is fully possible that the rebellions would not have been crushed yet. Even today large portions (or even a majority) of the population in Far Karelia is of Finnish descent, back then it was almost the entire population, the reds however deported most of them eliminating all resistance. But perhaps events for new expeditions of volunteers, with Finland getting the option to either attempt to stop the expeditions, ignoring them, or supporting them more or less. Finnish intelligence services could of course make attempts to raise new rebellions. These events could happen whenever Russia's dissent reaches a certain point or if a civil war breaks out. Russia could also have the option to suppress them as brutally as the reds in reality, offer them autonomy or cede the territory to Finland.

Estonian independence should also be at least considered.

August 1941 - the Ottomans are no more, occupied by Russia, Bulgaria and Egypt. Sicily attacked the Italian Federation (BTW, is it just me, or Julius IV resembles Ratzinger?), then France demanded Alsace and Lorraine, uncle Hohenzollern got pissed of and DoWed... At last I can expand without fear of the Mitteleuropa. ^^

Still, I wonder what will happen when CSA enters the war... France and Britain are putting up quite a fight against the Kaiser, but with America's entrance everything may change.

Just occured to me. Why it's once again Germany versus England, France and the States? :D

Thegreatplant said:
It is a bug that is unfixable aka just part of the game - you either have to edit your savegame or sometimes the events are set up so that you have a chance to quit all your research before the switch

probably the best way to edit the savegame is to open it in notepad - and do a search for the name of one of the tech teams currently working on something - then delete all the techs that you had being "workeding" on - just leaving the ones that you actually are - make a backup of your savegame first thought!

Well I did decide to go with an earlier save so I could play as a Tsardom instead.

Thas weird i guess-

JFeatherston said:
IM US and had a Dem victory, but when the war starts, my IC is still 0 and I have two divisions, can you make it easier for the US next release?

Don't worry - I will answer for Freetup by saying that things will be different
(now if I just had time to finish rebalancing the Spanish Civil War)

Any idea, when you will update this mod and give the US a better chance of at least keeping some of its territory? I have played twice with US and Canada, it is much easier with Canada. GREAT mod.

Thinking about the Indian Reunification War between Delhi, Bengal, and the Princely Federation, the last one doesn't seem to have any real chance of winning since, well, it has no allies or supporters. In my latest German KR game, I've actually been heavily supplying the PF, and as a result they've at least held their ground, along with taking a province or two from Bengal and striking Delhi here and there (this has more to do with the fact that the entire Entente military is tied up in North America, trying to stem the tide of Bolshevikism as the CSA is pushing back into Canada and NE). Perhaps if Germany agrees to selling Ceylon, they can later get an event to send volunteers and supplies to the Princely Federation, as that is the friendliest Indian state to the Germans?

Late 1942. Russians and Bulgarians steamrolled Greece and Serbia, while Germany kicked Commune of France's ass. I've spotted two things that are likely to be bugs:

1) After Germany annexed CoF, they decided to set up a puppet state. An event names "Loyal government in Paris" fired, but nothing happened. Plus, Germany currently occupies many provinces in Italian Federation, even though those two countries are not at war with one another (both were at war with CoF, but not allies in it)

2) CSA has numerous US provinces that are not cores, even though they annexed both the PSA and America First.

Jedrek said:
1) After Germany annexed CoF, they decided to set up a puppet state. An event names "Loyal government in Paris" fired, but nothing happened.
2) CSA has numerous US provinces that are not cores, even though they annexed both the PSA and America First.
For 1), that's because there was some confusion that led to the tags for the United Kingdom and Neutral France disappearing from the revolt.txt file, again. It will be fixed in the next hotfix, or you can solve it now, by copying the ENG and FRA entries in ordinary revolt to the Kaiserreich revolt file, and change them to their respective uxx tags. If you don't want to check worldnames to find out which, flags and shields are your friends. Remember, uxx!

For 2), you have to annex the USA, and not be at war (at least the first) as well, and they (there's several events) don't trigger at once, you have to wait for a while.

Thanks for the answer :) 2) Is not my problem really, but it's kinda strange - the US Civil War ended some 3 years ago, and those events haven't fired yet...

Now it's half of 1943 and I'm preparing to take out Primorsk, Mongolia, Japan and this Manchurian republic (they formed quite a gang). The pope has annexed Sicily and unified the Penisula (German-occupied provinces are still held by the Kaiser, though). Apart from that, everything is absolutely silent - CSA sits quietly, Canada and England sometimes do naval battles, Spain has finally made up her mind about the civil war (monarchists prevailed, event though at one moment they controlled only 4 provinces, with the rest held by anarchists)... But apart from that, nothing.

Is this OK? I mean... With the Syndicalits being wiped out (as I said before, France is no more) and England fighting a two-front naval war against Germany and Canada, it should be high time for the rest of syndical countries (Brazil, CSA, Norway in my game) to enter the party. It almost half of the gametime and I'm starting to get a bit anxious ;)

Jedrek said:
Late 1942. Russians and Bulgarians steamrolled Greece and Serbia, while Germany kicked Commune of France's ass. I've spotted two things that are likely to be bugs:

1) After Germany annexed CoF, they decided to set up a puppet state. An event names "Loyal government in Paris" fired, but nothing happened. Plus, Germany currently occupies many provinces in Italian Federation, even though those two countries are not at war with one another (both were at war with CoF, but not allies in it)

Number 1 happened in my game too but it was due to the fact that Germany didn't hold Toulon, its ally the Ottoman Empire did. Once I had them give it to Germany the CoF was able to be liberated.

Out of curiosity - do major powers have differen AI profiles regarding unit production and army composition? I've noticed that Mongolia produces mostly cavalry divisions, but had no chance to examine other hostile armies (Turkey and Greece do not count ;)).

I don't know if this has been discussed before but i think it's somewhat obscene that once Canada DoW CSA and annexes them, they swindle america out of a large chunk of the american midwest and a lot of lake states without any way for the USA AUS or PSA to take them back and get cores on them.