• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
FallenMorgan said:
On July 30th, 1938, the game crashes after some event comes up about the Combined Syndicates of America, and the US turns red like the CSA color. First of all how can I fix this and also what happened in the game? The CSA was losing, didn't even have their original territory!

Tattered Flag CTD, fixed in 1.01 patch.

rwglaub said:
I really enjoy this mod, but I won't play it again until more events get added.

Toodles.

Schutzstaffel said:
Tattered Flag CTD, fixed in 1.01 patch.

Toodles.

I thought I put in that patch, oh well, do it again I s'pose.

What happens in that event anyways?

FallenMorgan said:
I thought I put in that patch, oh well, do it again I s'pose.

What happens in that event anyways?

The US surrenders to CSA forces (bugged event, even though the CSA is losing, the US chooses to give up and the CSA annexes them) Though when that occurs, theres a error in the code, which causes a CTD. It is fixed in the 1.01 patch, just double check and see if everything is correct, reinstall with the full 1.0+1.01 zip if need be.

connels said:
I couldn't download this mod, process always stop at 49%. I have tried in difrrent days :wacko: .
And I can't even download GFX.

Maybe you can try another file sharing site other than MEGAUPLOAD? :eek:
is it just this download or any download?

Schutzstaffel said:
The US surrenders to CSA forces (bugged event, even though the CSA is losing, the US chooses to give up and the CSA annexes them) Though when that occurs, theres a error in the code, which causes a CTD. It is fixed in the 1.01 patch, just double check and see if everything is correct, reinstall with the full 1.0+1.01 zip if need be.

I did but I have a savegame I'm working on.

Um...does the patch fix the event itself? I mean, the CSA didn't even have it's ORIGINAL TERRITORY FFS.

FallenMorgan said:

Um...does the patch fix the event itself? I mean, the CSA didn't even have it's ORIGINAL TERRITORY FFS.

I'm playing with 1.01, and I had to correct those events myself. It's not hard though, since it's only the tags which have been mistaken (In the "American Civil War" file, IIRC)

Interesting CTD.

I was playing a game as Russia, which was a pleasant surprise to see so many juicy events. Anyhow, inherited the Kazaks, Allied Don Kuban, Beat and Puppeted Mongolia via Event, Annexed Manchria and Transamur and made a white peace with Japan, then Attacked Germany in the back while they were nearing Paris. The German Mainland was taken, as was about half of Austria (other half to France) and all of Hungary (annexed 1938). So i decided to help out Romania, who was still in a war with Bulgaria.

Together, we annexed Bulgaria (which had annexed Greece and Serbia earlier). Shortly thereafter, My troops along with Romanian troops annexed the Ottoman empire after a walk that took entirely too long. Greece reclaimed it's islands except Crete. When I made a move to take out Croatia, I used both my own and Romanian troops. I liberated Serbia from the ruins of Croatia. Here's the kicker. I proceeded to liberate Greece, and I decided to give them the North-Eastern Mediterranean coastline. I gave them Istanbul, Izmit, Izmir, Anatalya and I believe Bursa as well (via Negotiations). The game ran until the end of the day, and then I just got a black screen and a CTD.

My guess is that it has something to do with staking claims on the lands that I gave them, because I'm fairly certain that there's an event to do so, but them actually controlling the lands screws something up. I think if they win either the 4th balkan war, or some other war against the Ottomans, then they are awarded some provinces in Turkey. But having been awarded them from me, instead of claiming them in a war against the Ottomans must have thrown something off. To be honest, I'm not entirely sure if there is a workaround for this, because this isn't exactly the normal way to go about expanding greece, but I thought I'd report it nonetheless.

FallenMorgan said:

The patch only hotfixed some of the CTDs that have been floating around, not the problem with the event itself; Hence why I said "its a bugged event".

Schutzstaffel said:
The patch only hotfixed some of the CTDs that have been floating around, not the problem with the event itself; Hence why I said "its a bugged event".

Why would the USA give up when their enemy is LOSING?

Did we give up halfway through 'Nam? Oh yeah...we did.

FallenMorgan said:
Why would the USA give up when their enemy is LOSING?

Did we give up halfway through 'Nam? Oh yeah...we did.

I'll say it for a 3rd time. It is a bugged event. Bugged meaning not working as intended. Not working as intended meaning it shouldn't surrender to CSA forces when the US is winning. Hopefully I dumbed it down enough so you won't reiterate your question over again.

Chicken said:
Interesting CTD.

I was playing a game as Russia, which was a pleasant surprise to see so many juicy events. Anyhow, inherited the Kazaks, Allied Don Kuban, Beat and Puppeted Mongolia via Event, Annexed Manchria and Transamur and made a white peace with Japan, then Attacked Germany in the back while they were nearing Paris. The German Mainland was taken, as was about half of Austria (other half to France) and all of Hungary (annexed 1938). So i decided to help out Romania, who was still in a war with Bulgaria.

Together, we annexed Bulgaria (which had annexed Greece and Serbia earlier). Shortly thereafter, My troops along with Romanian troops annexed the Ottoman empire after a walk that took entirely too long. Greece reclaimed it's islands except Crete. When I made a move to take out Croatia, I used both my own and Romanian troops. I liberated Serbia from the ruins of Croatia. Here's the kicker. I proceeded to liberate Greece, and I decided to give them the North-Eastern Mediterranean coastline. I gave them Istanbul, Izmit, Izmir, Anatalya and I believe Bursa as well (via Negotiations). The game ran until the end of the day, and then I just got a black screen and a CTD.

My guess is that it has something to do with staking claims on the lands that I gave them, because I'm fairly certain that there's an event to do so, but them actually controlling the lands screws something up. I think if they win either the 4th balkan war, or some other war against the Ottomans, then they are awarded some provinces in Turkey. But having been awarded them from me, instead of claiming them in a war against the Ottomans must have thrown something off. To be honest, I'm not entirely sure if there is a workaround for this, because this isn't exactly the normal way to go about expanding greece, but I thought I'd report it nonetheless.

Having claims on certain provinces won't crash the game, it must have been another event, or just a fluke that won't happen again.

A bugnote on your SKINS:

These are either jpg or are a wrong bmp type (too small) and need to be resaved as proper bitmap type:

ARA
ARG
CSX
DDR
IRQ
PER
SCH
SCO
SPR
URU

currently they will not work.

These two are completely the wrong size and/or type and need to be resized:

CHC
EAF

Also the CHC has its topbar named incorrectly.

Ayeshteni

Ayeshteni said:
A bugnote on your SKINS:

These are either jpg or are a wrong bmp type (too small) and need to be resaved as proper bitmap type:

ARA
ARG
CSX
DDR
IRQ
PER
SCH
SCO
SPR
URU

currently they will not work.

These two are completely the wrong size and/or type and need to be resized:

CHC
EAF

Also the CHC has its topbar named incorrectly.

Ayeshteni
Wait what? I thought I've checked these...Are you using the pack found on my sig?

KanaX said:
Wait what? I thought I've checked these...Are you using the pack found on my sig?

yup and yup

Edit: well, actually the link in the first post (for the main skins) and the skin.rar found in the second post, but I assume they are the same?

Aye.

Ayeshteni said:
yup and yup

Edit: well, actually the link in the first post (for the main skins) and the skin.rar found in the second post, but I assume they are the same?

Aye.
Nope, the corrected skins are only on my sig. The link in the first page is the link to the buggy skins, and the second link is just a small patch including some topbars and one full skin.

May wish to make it a bit clearer then. ;)

Aye.