• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm currently playing a Kaiserreich game as Japan. Over in Europe, France and Germany descended into war over Alsace and Switzerland in 1939. Its now early 1943 and while the French quickly annexed Belgium and took Mulhouse (sp?), the rest of the war has been a repeat of WWI. They have just stayed stuck along the border bombing the shite out of each other. Is this normal for KR?

ET

Elias Tarfarius said:
I'm currently playing a Kaiserreich game as Japan. Over in Europe, France and Germany descended into war over Alsace and Switzerland in 1939. Its now early 1943 and while the French quickly annexed Belgium and took Mulhouse (sp?), the rest of the war has been a repeat of WWI. They have just stayed stuck along the border bombing the shite out of each other. Is this normal for KR?

ET

I've seen Germany annex France almost every single time as a result of attrition, which the French cannot sustain. Is Germany at war with Japan in your game?

In my opinion, war with France should turn into a world war centered around that conflict. Russia should move to defend Germany or France (depending on government), the Ottomans and Austrians should send either token aid to Germany or join the German alliance, the Spanish should get involved, Mittelafrika should move to secure more of Africa, etc.

Andromedos said:
Just click on ignore, it should not cause any problems ingame.

It's a bit annoying, why didn't you remove it from events.txt ? I thought it was some error on my part.

EMFM said:
I've seen Germany annex France almost every single time as a result of attrition, which the French cannot sustain. Is Germany at war with Japan in your game?

In my opinion, war with France should turn into a world war centered around that conflict. Russia should move to defend Germany or France (depending on government), the Ottomans and Austrians should send either token aid to Germany or join the German alliance, the Spanish should get involved, Mittelafrika should move to secure more of Africa, etc.

Most of all, I think that the syndicalists in the US (CSA) should get involved too and send aid to both Commune of France and Union of Britain, otherwise Germany always wins.

Winner said:
It's a bit annoying, why didn't you remove it from events.txt ? I thought it was some error on my part.

It'll be removed in the next version. In the meantime, you can remove it yourself for your game by easily editing the event.txt file in the DB folder.

As for World War 2, we are working on expanding the concept for a future version. But you have to keep in mind everybody that "sewing together" so many independant event chains as we have in Kaiserreich is quite a daunting task.

Okay I'm a tech moron. ffor some reason the countries' names are completely messed up as they're all vanilaa names and not what they should be in KR, ex Union of Britian is UK and Bengal is the People's Republic of Korea. This is only true for some of the countries though.

darthbalmung said:
Okay I'm a tech moron. ffor some reason the countries' names are completely messed up as they're all vanilaa names and not what they should be in KR, ex Union of Britian is UK and Bengal is the People's Republic of Korea. This is only true for some of the countries though.

You probably chose the 1936 scenario. Scroll down on the scenario selection and choose the Kaiserreich scenario.

AugustusCaesar said:
if the Germans had won WWI they most likely would have taken French claims in Africa and British claims in the pacific
No to the second thing. The 'victory' would be on land. In fact, it is quite likely that Britain (and the affiliated Dominions and colonies) and Japan could have kept what they had already taken.
France being defeated doesn't change the fact that Japan is halfway across the world, and the Royal Navy is still, well, the Royal Navy.

Yo about that if Germany defeats Commune of France. France should change TAG to normal France with a government more loyal to Germany and Germany should get the provinces Rheims and the one province above Rheims (Forgot the name. I think it is Chaumont).

offgreen said:
I dare say the whole premise of France declaring war on Germany is silly, unless they had help from Russia. Hopefully you guys are working on improving it all.
If you play as Germany you are normaly forced intoo an war with the commune of France if a certain chain of event happens (Or you take a quite decent dissent hit).

Well, Germany declaring war on the USSR was also rather silly, but still.

That analogy doesn't really make much sense. Before Barbarossa, Germany had all of Continental Europe under control and the Soviet Army had been humiliated by the Finns. It could be easily made to though with a few "German failure"+"French Resurgence" events.

offgreen said:
I dare say the whole premise of France declaring war on Germany is silly, unless they had help from Russia. Hopefully you guys are working on improving it all.

Could you explain it! The concept is that in this timeline Germany is to overstretched to be too dangerious as in 1914. To clear it with trouble prewing in its African colonies, with an expanisionist Japan in Asia and the threat of syndalism in western europe and also at home Germany is to overstretched its foundation, basesd on the politics of Tirpitz is cracking up and only caused trouble with reformist, democrats and also nationalist - like Roehms pan-germanic party.

So you see the concept of france declaring war on a troubled germany is not so out of the place. Als you must consider the fact that france has #1. a more unified goverment than germany with some left-wing faction like the anarchist and the lowly bolsheviks #2. France has not the colonial territories to worry about so it can rearm itself more effectivly than germany, who has to patrol half of africa and large parts of asia #3. France has a more ideal cause ie. equality, liberty, brotherhood -it is not a conservative royalist dominated country - more opened minded.

So you see the concept of france declaring war on germany is definitly not silly!

On Russia you should put in mind that it is one unstable republic that can go anywhere, in every direction wether its left or right. So no France can't relie on Russia - put on England and the CNT-FAI in Spain.

So you this world is much more complex, Germany is not the germany of OTL and france is definitly not the france that has been "run over" OTL.

EMFM said:
You probably chose the 1936 scenario. Scroll down on the scenario selection and choose the Kaiserreich scenario.

that's not it, all of the flags and histoical infromation is correct, it's jsut that the names are wrong, so where what and where doe I need to change in order to correct it?

Zauberfloete said:
Could you explain it! The concept is that in this timeline Germany is to overstretched to be too dangerious as in 1914. To clear it with trouble prewing in its African colonies, with an expanisionist Japan in Asia and the threat of syndalism in western europe and also at home Germany is to overstretched its foundation, basesd on the politics of Tirpitz is cracking up and only caused trouble with reformist, democrats and also nationalist - like Roehms pan-germanic party.
Pan-German, not pan-Germanic. They're not synonyms, and Röhm isn't seeking to unify England (yes, England, not Britain), the Netherlands, Flandern, Austria, Germany, the Scandinavian countries and the German part of Switzerland into one Germanic state, just to unite all the Germans into one state. Sorry, just a pet peeve.

So you see the concept of france declaring war on a troubled germany is not so out of the place. Als you must consider the fact that france has #1. a more unified goverment than germany with some left-wing faction like the anarchist and the lowly bolsheviks #2. France has not the colonial territories to worry about so it can rearm itself more effectivly than germany, who has to patrol half of africa and large parts of asia #3. France has a more ideal cause ie. equality, liberty, brotherhood -it is not a conservative royalist dominated country - more opened minded.

France also has been weakened by the exodus of military and industrial leaders and, if the scenario is even remotely realistic, is still suffering from sharp divisions over what direction to take the country in.

I think France declaring war on Germany certainly could be done, I just think it would work better with more context (a power struggle with Austria, huge Russia backed revolts in Eastern Europe or a fierce struggle in the Middle East or India.) Right now, the game just doesn't convey the idea of Germany being overstreched as much as it could, though it's going in the right direction.