• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
For some reason, everytime I try to use the JSGME thingy, the program freezes. :confused: Is there some other way to install this excellent looking mod?

EDIT: I've tried re-installing the MOD from all three places (both rapidshare options and the non-rapidshare one) along with deleting the JSGME application and then reinstalling just that from the linky provided in the Stickies and still no luck.

Last edited:
Kordo said:
For some reason, everytime I try to use the JSGME thingy, the program freezes. :confused: Is there some other way to install this excellent looking mod?

How long does it freeze for? As the JSGME essentially copies about 25MB of files twice, it may look like it's not doing anything for a minute or so (maybe longer, depending on the speed of your computer).

Another way of installing the mod is to make a copy of your entire HOI2 directory, and then paste the "MODS\Kaiserreich Beta Ia" files into it, so all the modded files overwrite the vanilla versions.

Sarmatia1871 said:
How long does it freeze for? As the JSGME essentially copies about 25MB of files twice, it may look like it's not doing anything for a minute or so (maybe longer, depending on the speed of your computer).
It's certainly freezing, when I do ctrl-alt-delete it says its 'not responding',

Sarmatia1871 said:
Another way of installing the mod is to make a copy of your entire HOI2 directory, and then paste the "MODS\Kaiserreich Beta Ia" files into it, so all the modded files overwrite the vanilla versions.

I think thats what I'm gonna have to do.

Thanks for the help!

Excellent Mod you have made here! :)
I just tested it (as Germany :cool: ), it really already plays very nicely.
Some observations:
  • Germany needs to change its naval doctrine. It definately shouldn't be Sealane Interdiction, but probably Fleet-in-being. I would also give them Battlefleet Concentration, Subsidiary Carrier and Floating Fortress Doctrine.
  • Also all the German artillery brigades are of the first level (Great War Light Artillery), they should be at least Great War Heavy Artillery or considering Germanys reliance on firepower probably early artillery.
  • Austria-Hungary combined has higher base IC than Germany (ca. 170 to 150). This doesn't seem right. You could probably give Germany more IC considering that they didn't have a great depression nor had to pay reparations in this timeline.
    Or if you feel this would overpower Germany and unbalance things, you could tone down Austria-Hungary's IC (and probably the US,too if they have been in an economic decline.)
  • Some more countries (like Austria or Union of Britain) should probably have peacetime IC penalties and the USA should gets its peacetime penalty removed, the moment there is a secession (to mobilise for possible civil war).
  • Finally there are still some Japanese divisions on the German pacific islands. (Eniwetok and Marianen I think)
That's it, I think, really a very interesting scenario. :)

seboden said:
Excellent Mod you have made here! :)
I just tested it (as Germany :cool: ), it really already plays very nicely.
Some observations:
  • Germany needs to change its naval doctrine. It definately shouldn't be Sealane Interdiction, but probably Fleet-in-being. I would also give them Battlefleet Concentration, Subsidiary Carrier and Floating Fortress Doctrine.
  • Also all the German artillery brigades are of the first level (Great War Light Artillery), they should be at least Great War Heavy Artillery or considering Germanys reliance on firepower probably early artillery.
  • Austria-Hungary combined has higher base IC than Germany (ca. 170 to 150). This doesn't seem right. You could probably give Germany more IC considering that they didn't have a great depression nor had to pay reparations in this timeline.
    Or if you feel this would overpower Germany and unbalance things, you could tone down Austria-Hungary's IC (and probably the US,too if they have been in an economic decline.)
  • Some more countries (like Austria or Union of Britain) should probably have peacetime IC penalties and the USA should gets its peacetime penalty removed, the moment there is a secession (to mobilise for possible civil war).
  • Finally there are still some Japanese divisions on the German pacific islands. (Eniwetok and Marianen I think)
That's it, I think, really a very interesting scenario. :)

Many thanks for the feedback! I'll have to go hunting for Japanese island garrisons again, as I thought I got rid of them all....

We're going over quite a lot of these points in the subforum, if you want to join and comment. For example, there is an extensive discussion on German IC here: http://s11.invisionfree.com/Kaiserreich/index.php?showtopic=127; and a rather less extensive discussion on German naval doctrines here: http://s11.invisionfree.com/Kaiserreich/index.php?showtopic=59

Infact, I think all the nations of the Austro-Hungarian Empire are overpowered. Or at least it seems this way because if Austria takes over all of them through annexation her IC level is absolutely ridiculous. Why? Because she gets claims on all those provinces (bad idea, IMO).

I'd tone down the Balkans economies and beef up Germany at the same time.

Kordo said:
It's certainly freezing, when I do ctrl-alt-delete it says its 'not responding',
I have programs doing that when it's only busy, though, so I wouldn't call that a certain, but if it is sitting for something like 5-10 minutes without responding, then it'd be a good call. ;)

Ukraine Event

Here is a stab at the Ukraine event pic

ukr_event.bmp

Atruejedi said:
Infact, I think all the nations of the Austro-Hungarian Empire are overpowered. Or at least it seems this way because if Austria takes over all of them through annexation her IC level is absolutely ridiculous. Why? Because she gets claims on all those provinces (bad idea, IMO).

I'd tone down the Balkans economies and beef up Germany at the same time.

The problem with this is that the Austro-Hungarian constituent states are roughly at the level of power that I want them to be, and are fairly self-sufficient as independant countries.

The main point would be to tone down an annexationist Austria (which is supposed to be an extreme and rarely seen result of the Ausgleich!), which could either be done by some built-in IC penalty for the events which annex the Balkan states, and/or remove Austrian cores on these annexed territories.

Definitely been asked before, where can I download v1.3b?

I've been frustratingly trying to play Kaiserreich and just realized that 1) I've been choosing the wrong scenario and 2) that I've been playing v1.3a.