• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I just downloaded Kaiserreich a few days ago and I must say its a great achievement. The whole thing is so very well done.
But I can't say that its perfect as I have had some problems and issues pop up.
I've played as both Bulgaria and the Commune of France over the last couple of days and sadly both ended with the game crashing in 1938 and refusing to load the save file afterwards. But before it crashed I noticed some issues first as playing as Bulgaria then as France.
Somethings during the Bulgarian game were: the Spanish Civil War never triggering, the American Union becoming independent only to be crashed by the USA in a few short months (seemed to short and pointless), the Ukraine become Syndicalist only to remain in the German orbit of influence and still together with them in war verse the Commune, a small African revolt country popped up in southern Algeria but didn't do anything besides divide National France in two (seemed again very pointless as no war is sparked as would be expected).
Somethings during the French game were: again no Spanish Civil War, but the creating of Carlist Spain which had only six national cores in the north of the country (seemed like a waste and/or was not explained well enough), Venezuela becomes Syndicalist but the head of state and government don't have pictures, just "X"s (this is what I believed caused the error that stopped me from reloading the save files).
I believe other then that the game is great. I'm not too skilled with Modding myself so just wanted to bring all those bugs and what-nots to all of your attention. Its a amazing Mod and I eagerly await to play a full game

One thing I've been thinking about lately: If the Syndicalists defeat the North Italians and some provinces are controlled by Commune of France, Italy should (possibly could) still be united under RoS leadership. I suggest you modify that event so it triggers from join occupation and that it transfers provinces from CoF to RoS.

Trot said:
I just downloaded Kaiserreich a few days ago and I must say its a great achievement. The whole thing is so very well done.
But I can't say that its perfect as I have had some problems and issues pop up.
I've played as both Bulgaria and the Commune of France over the last couple of days and sadly both ended with the game crashing in 1938 and refusing to load the save file afterwards. But before it crashed I noticed some issues first as playing as Bulgaria then as France.
Somethings during the Bulgarian game were: the Spanish Civil War never triggering, the American Union becoming independent only to be crashed by the USA in a few short months (seemed to short and pointless), the Ukraine become Syndicalist only to remain in the German orbit of influence and still together with them in war verse the Commune, a small African revolt country popped up in southern Algeria but didn't do anything besides divide National France in two (seemed again very pointless as no war is sparked as would be expected).
Somethings during the French game were: again no Spanish Civil War, but the creating of Carlist Spain which had only six national cores in the north of the country (seemed like a waste and/or was not explained well enough), Venezuela becomes Syndicalist but the head of state and government don't have pictures, just "X"s (this is what I believed caused the error that stopped me from reloading the save files).
I believe other then that the game is great. I'm not too skilled with Modding myself so just wanted to bring all those bugs and what-nots to all of your attention. Its a amazing Mod and I eagerly await to play a full game

Did Syndicalist Vietnam revolt against Germany in those games? I found that that caused me to experience the same thing, and the disabling of that event chain has allowed me to play Kaiserreich four times up till 1940+ without any glitches at all.
Spain is a known problem, and you're correct in your verdict of this mod :cool:

But in this game it might be impossible to represent it that way, no?[\quote]

Well you can by giving a country infantry 1936 tech, have all of it's infantry at 1918 and make sure the ai focuses on building rather then upgrading.
But I was talking about Real Life, in Kaiserreich Russia is indeed backward, that's an important point.

Well I still must say it's frustrating to see that you are so backwards when you have 240 base IC as I have in my game (360+ working, much more than USA or Germany, with little conquests having been done, some new techteams gained from them though), not even having most of the 1940-41 tanks and being 2 or 3 techs outdated in all kinds of brigades, not even having researched more 9 air doctrines (almost all in two paths), half a dozen naval doctrines, 1 or 2 techs outdated aircraft, lacking most shipdesigns, sometimes not even 1936 ones, well actually i'm behind at everything that hasn't been given #1 priority by me (cryptography, manufacturing, infantry), all this at late 1941. At least I think more starting techs and less dissent from events should be added, perhaps a techteam or two to replace the most lacking ones.

Samilou said:
, all this at late 1941. At least I think more starting techs and less dissent from events should be added, perhaps a techteam or two to replace the most lacking ones.

Dissent from events is there to encourage another Civil War (Bolshevik revolution) to my knowledge.

a small African revolt country popped up in southern Algeria but didn't do anything besides divide National France in two (seemed again very pointless as no war is sparked as would be expected).

The Spanish civil war in Kaiserreich does not fire every game. The events are linked to propabilities. Maybe I can tweak the numbers a bit more.
I also checked the Tuareg events. Seems like the Tuareg do not start their rmed revolt before 1939, despite being able to declare independance years earlier. I'll edit these event.

Andromedos said:
The Spanish civil war in Kaiserreich does not fire every game. The events are linked to propabilities. Maybe I can tweak the numbers a bit more.

It's not that the CNT and Carlists don't try to revolt........ I've seem the proper events go by several times
It's that when they do nothing happens - no revolting country is formed and no war starts

In all the games ive played so far, Russia has yet to to anything but sit around and watch everyone.

the USA also does nothing but go through its 1 month long civil war and then no matter who wins... sits there.

The only war that does seem to fire is france vs. germany (with canada sometimes jumping to fight france/uk).. but that war usual ends pretty quickly and then there is really no action in the world from then onward.

I'd like to see alot more triggers for conflict around the globe (I thought Ive read that south america is supposed to have war... NEVER seent that happen).

Nicophorus said:
In all the games ive played so far, Russia has yet to to anything but sit around and watch everyone.

the USA also does nothing but go through its 1 month long civil war and then no matter who wins... sits there.

The only war that does seem to fire is france vs. germany (with canada sometimes jumping to fight france/uk).. but that war usual ends pretty quickly and then there is really no action in the world from then onward.

I'd like to see alot more triggers for conflict around the globe (I thought Ive read that south america is supposed to have war... NEVER seent that happen).

There are more conflicts that almost always trigger - turkestan attacks several or sometimes all of its neighbors, India goes the way of a three way war most of the time

But there are a lot of nations that sit around doing nothing - the one thats alway bugged me is Japan - so many good events leading up to wars that never happen

and on the Ho Chi Min trail thing - I've had that fire in two games with no crash...... of course it gets crushed after about a week

wilegfass said:
the skins patch link says there is no link.
Well, use the one on my sig, then.

Does it work with Mac? If not I implorer you to make a Mac version! :(

Midge said:
Does it work with Mac? If not I implorer you to make a Mac version! :(
I honestly have no idea, but I think it does.

#####################
#######ATENTION#######
#####################

Kaiserreich creator's, it's possible to use Ottoman Flag's and skin's in my mod? :D :confused: ;)

I've finished to see the skin's you've made, it's possible to use some skin's? Of curse i will put the credit's. ;)

Plz if posible could you answer before tomorrow since my internet will be off. :D

Last edited:
Road_to_Moscow said:
#####################
#######ATENTION#######
#####################

Kaiserreich creator's, it's possible to use Ottoman Flag's and skin's in my mod? :D :confused: ;)

I've finished to see the skin's you've made, it's possible to use some skin's? Of curse i will put the credit's. ;)

Plz if posible could you answer before tomorrow since my internet will be off. :D

As long as you put the credits, yes.

I think this mod really needs a new thread. Or even subforum :)

Biges said:
I think this mod really needs a new thread. Or even subforum :)

A subforum would be great/cool =D