• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, all the military leaders that left france were more or less the narrow-mined WWI-veterans. Also the exodus of industrialist doesn't mean the weakening of a country, but the change of economic leadership - the syndalist unions are taking it over.

Yup, there is still many works to be done to make the feeling work. Andromedos is doing a terrific job as Interm-General Secretary, but we are more or less short handed and with many leadership changes in the past the development has slowed down a bit, nonetheless the team is doing a great job.

Well, why not give us a hand, we sure need more people at the subforum.

Well, why not give us a hand, we sure need more people at the subforum.

I would love to help and after May 19th I will be able to do so effectively.

Weygander said:
I would love to help and after May 19th I will be able to do so effectively.

That would be nice =)

darthbalmung said:
that's not it, all of the flags and histoical infromation is correct, it's jsut that the names are wrong, so where what and where doe I need to change in order to correct it?

You're sure you chose the scenario labelled Kaiserreich? Which version are you using?

Yo another thing could happen. In case of German victory, a civil war could brake out in France, between the Commune of France and a France with more or less pro German politic. Something similar that happened after Prussia won the war versus France 1871.

Zauberfloete said:
LordInsane: Yup got it right I mean pan-german not pan-germanic.
It's a more important issue then it might appear, because there actually were a pan-Germanic party in Germany. They more-or-less fizzled out before the Great War, but, come to think of it, the small remnants of it could have joined Röhm, and be an even more extreme fringe of his party...

That would be interesting,but somehow I don't see England incorporated in a pan-Germanic state,while I think Scandinavia and Germanic parts of Benelux would be fine.
Also,I too would like to work on the mod.

Geez, there I'm gone for two days, and discussions in this topic start to heat up. :eek:

darthbalmung: What language are you playing Hearts of Iron in? Kaiserreich only supports the English langiage, if you play in french, German etc the original countrynames show up. You can switch the game language in the settings.cgf file in your Doomsday folder.

Augustus Caesar: The Germans took pretty much took everything they wanted from the French (Madagascar, Indochina, Morroco Djibouti etc.) and left what they did not want in french hands, mainly the areas of northwest Africa. The current German colonial holdings in Africa are pretty similar to the OTL German war aims (see the Mittelafrika article in Wikipedia).

Lordinsane: If you like, you can read the backstory of the Kaiserreich naval war in our forums, it explains the conflict between the Hochseeflotte and Royal navy pretty well.
Basically, it was not the failure of the Royal Navy per se that enabled the Germans to gain the british african and pacific colonies, but the British revolution and the following split of the royal navy. In the Kaiserreich timeline, the royal navy was never defeated, and Germany and Britain signed a 'peace with honour'.

'Delex' We do have a tag for a neutral France, but unfortunately the event was bugged in the last version. It should work in the new version we're working on. I'll have a look into the change of territories you suggested.

As for the French- German war discussion, I must admit it is a part of Kaiserreich that is not completely finished yet. As Zauberfloete explained, Germany is supposed to be weakened by internal unrest, the economic crisis, and the crumbling of it's empire. But there's still a lot of work to be done.

Beta IV should be released in a few weeks, adding various new eventchains for east Asia, America, Africa, and east Europe. After that, planning for Beta V(?) will start, for which we can hopefully work out more German domestic events, enlargement of the Internationale events, and the second Weltkrieg. (This is rough planning, no gurantees any of this will happen.)

Anybody who would like to contribute is more than welcome to do so. Either here in this topic, in in our Kaiserforums.

I dont really have the time, to write on a secondary forum, thats why I will just write my suggestions and similar here:
-The war between France and Germany should end in an peace agreement as I proposed here a page back.
-Germany doesn't seem to have an overall objective in the scenario. It seems that they are there just to be there.
-For what are those political parties, connected to Germany, good anyway?
-It is just to easy to win with Germany, since there is no one to oppose you. Once you get rid of the dissent and the Commune of France, the game gets boring. And also quite many nations are eager to join your alliance (USA falls apart and Russia also is there to do nothing).
-Why did Austro-Hungary fall apart after the war (Well Austria still has puppet control, but its just not the same). They should be able to reunite the Empire with ease after the war- with the help of Germany (Or there should only be Austro-Hungary not all the other states).
-Austria also almost never tries, to reunite its empire.
-The we want some land events are just annoying.
-It is really hard to reunite Russia, with the limited cores you have (Well you can get the cores, but it is mostly AI dependent. You have to be really lucky to get it all back).
-Why does Romania actually exist? Shouldn't it be partitioned between Bulgaria and Hungary. The same question about Serbia. It should be at least a puppet of Austria.
-Those are the things that are mostly disturbing for me.

The Austrian puppets are there to represent a decentralized empire.Romania and Serbia exist because IIRC AH didn't want a new ethnic group within its borders,and to make the game more interesting with the Balkans pact.
However,it is a bit weird for Romania to have the whole Bessarabia,since they didn't have it before WWI.

The Great Duck said:
The Austrian puppets are there to represent a decentralized empire.Romania and Serbia exist because II RC AH didn't want a new ethnic group within its borders,and to make the game more interesting with the Balkans pact.
However,it is a bit weird for Romania to have the whole Bessarabia,since they didn't have it before WWI.
Well some of the explanation is logical like the decentralization and some it is not like they didnt want more territory just because the nationality of the people living there (Fascist scum lol). But Romania should really be much weaker. In the best turning of events for them in case of German victory, they would be a free nation called Wallachia.

The most important part of this map is the Wallachian part. Others are more or less relative.

Last edited:
There is an explanation why they didn't want Romania and Serbia:they already have Germans,Hungarians,Czechs,Slovaks,Bosniaks,Poles,Italians,Ukrainians and Slovenians,plus they already have got Romanians in Transilvania and Serbs in Vojvodina,Croatia and Bosnia,so more of them would make the empire even harder to maintain.

The Great Duck said:
There is an explanation why they didn't want Romania and Serbia:they already have Germans,Hungarians,Czechs,Slovaks,Bosniaks,Poles,Italians,Ukrainians and Slovenians,plus they already have got Romanians in Transilvania and Serbs in Vojvodina,Croatia and Bosnia,so more of them would make the empire even harder to maintain.
See the partition above. What do you think about it?

Your proposal might be more "alternate historic" accurate, but in makeing this mod we also have to keep the gameplay and balance issues in mind. I think further weakening Romania would not be in the gameplay's interesst, the powers in the region are currently nicely balanced.

As for your other points:
_ Austria has the Ausgleich events, in which the empire can be reunited, federalised, or break apart. It's all a matter of propabilities.
- Germany and it's political parties will be improved in future versions.

The Great Duck said:
That would be interesting,but somehow I don't see England incorporated in a pan-Germanic state,while I think Scandinavia and Germanic parts of Benelux would be fine.
Also,I too would like to work on the mod.
Oh, I didn't say they'd succeed, but it could be an interesting flavour event for Röhm-ruled Germany, right?
Andromedos said:
Lordinsane: If you like, you can read the backstory of the Kaiserreich naval war in our forums, it explains the conflict between the Hochseeflotte and Royal navy pretty well.
Basically, it was not the failure of the Royal Navy per se that enabled the Germans to gain the british african and pacific colonies, but the British revolution and the following split of the royal navy. In the Kaiserreich timeline, the royal navy was never defeated, and Germany and Britain signed a 'peace with honour'.
Oh, I know that, but Augustus implied that the Germans would have taken the British holdings in the Pacific if and when they won the Great War (that is to say, in the 'Peace with honour'). That didn't occur in Kaiserreich, as you say, for it was the Revolution that allowed them to do it. Which, admittedly, was caused by the German victory in the Great War...

Well, the party system was designed by Sarmatia, the mod Creator, who didn't quite have time to finish it.
The idea was to have the German player maneuvre through a series of crisises that would develop according to what the parties are doing.
Now, nobody wants to deal with those parties, as they were Sarmatias creation and, supposedly, only he can work on them, while Sarmatia himself, obviosly, isn't coming back to finish it. Basically, the whole system is basically stuck.