• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Das Kapitalist said:
Excellent! We always need folks like you ;). Just head over to the forums and look at all the bugs that have been discovered first. Then, if you find anything new, we'd be glad to know.

Ok so here it goes. For reference i'm playing Kaiserreich on Doomsday 1.3a as Germany.
&
Some of the "bugs" listed here might be intentional on your part, but i'll list them anyway, just in case.

1. My allies constantly give me massive expeditionary forces and then recall them the same day. Even after fighting is over. (Balkan war im my case)

2. I don't know how but i'm somehow getting LOTS of divisions from my allies. NOT as expeditionary forces, but complete transfer. I have auto-trade on so for some weird reason they might be selling them to me. Not sure though - could also be en exp-force bug.

3. Why does Germany not start allied with it's puppets of Mittelafrika and AlgOstasien GmbH?

4. The "AlgOstasien GmbH" should be "AlgOstasien AG". Under German law both are stock companies, with GmbH having less in the way of oversight regulations (no "Aufsichtsrat" oversight commitee and less rules for annual accounting reports, etc.). Because of that there is an upper limit on how big a GmbH may be. I don't know the limit back in the 1930's, but it was always kept small enough that only small and medium size businesses qualify. The AlgOstasien company should have hit through the roof of that one from day one, given it's massive holdings in China and would definetly have been founded as an AG right from the start.

5. Some of my allies don't do any research (and others where i just cannot see it probably not either). In my current game they're: Flandern-Wallionien, the Baltic Duchy & Weissruthenien.

6. That "weird German B" (quote from your Kaissereich Forum) is not a b at all. Its a "sharp s". If you cannot get it to display correctly use a double "ss". IE "Fusstruppen" not "Fubtruppen"

7. Göring is both Head of State of Mittelafrika and also one of my Airforce leaders.

8. After war broke out between them the American Union State overrran the USA withing a few weeks even though the US still had twice the American Union State's IC.

9. IMO Germany should not have "Sealane interdiction" as it's naval doctine path, but one of the other two given it's large colonial empire and lots of trade lanes. Completly different from OTL's sitation in WW2. (Agree with the Land Doctrine path BTW).

10. For the Japanese intervention in the Phillipines letting them have it should be option a for Germany IMO. With stopping them giving dissent and letting them have it giving none. To relect OTL's Allies reluctance of going to war over far-away problems. The same mindset would be in this timelines victorious Germany i think.

Thats all for now ;) . Currently i'm just got into 1938. Will post again as things come up.

LL21 said:
How can i make my keyboard to display German 'ss'.Does anybody know :confused:

copy and paste this:

ß

You should be able to write it yourself if you install German keyboard support. (If you are using Windows that is)

Neroon said:
Ok so here it goes. For reference i'm playing Kaiserreich on Doomsday 1.3a as Germany.
&
Some of the "bugs" listed here might be intentional on your part, but i'll list them anyway, just in case.

1. My allies constantly give me massive expeditionary forces and then recall them the same day. Even after fighting is over. (Balkan war im my case)
I think this is a bug in HoI 2 in itself, not Kaiserreich
Neroon said:
8. After war broke out between them the American Union State overrran the USA withing a few weeks even though the US still had twice the American Union State's IC.
That's strange, the American civil war has always ended in US victory over CSA or AUS. CSA and AUS always rock in the start but they are eventually defeated
Neroon said:
9. IMO Germany should not have "Sealane interdiction" as it's naval doctine path, but one of the other two given it's large colonial empire and lots of trade lanes. Completly different from OTL's sitation in WW2. (Agree with the Land Doctrine path BTW).
Indeed, seems like Germany has no ablility to project power to Asia. I'm playing as Finland currently(AAR in my sig) and the only thing keeping Singapore and New-Guinea in German hands are my troops.
Neroon said:
10. For the Japanese intervention in the Phillipines letting them have it should be option a for Germany IMO. With stopping them giving dissent and letting them have it giving none. To relect OTL's Allies reluctance of going to war over far-away problems. The same mindset would be in this timelines victorious Germany i think.
Seconded.

I must congratulate the Kaiserreich team for such great mod! Its awesome to see the 3-sides civil wars in Spain and the USA, keep up the good work ;)

Still, i have a few suggestions, The Carlist ideology in Spain was also based on rebuilding the Spanish Empire to its old greatness, so it could have some events about buying cuba, war in south america, an even a possible alliance with the Central Powers(Mitteleurope) to war with the decaying entente, (with Carlist Spain focusing in the Caribbean federation), i think it is a good idea.

Last edited:
I'll be finding all the bugs and problems and hopefully have a patch out within a week, so if you find any post them here, on the Kaiserreich forum or PM them to me. We'd appreciate it.

imho, Communist China and maybe also Qing Empire should be given cores of... if not all of China, then at least parts of it. I'm playing as the communists right now, and I've conquered Xibei San Ma, Mongolia and the northern half of Yunnan, and I have only 14 or 15 ic :(
TC is about 90/30, so I can't move my forces to another province without losing all their org, lol. Maybe add events that let the communists/Qing get more cores if they conquer other warlords or such?

Another question, why are most countries not building any troops? Qing for example have had 37 divisions for over two years now, while I've gone from ~10-12 to 35.

according to the map found at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qing , they should have cores on entire today's China, plus Taiwan, Mongolia, and maybe Tannu Tuva as well (sorry for using vanilla country names :p )
Also, if the communists, Yunnan, or another warlord takes control of China, I doubt that the people would keep revolting and cause trouble when the country for once is united under one rule.

I think the reason Qing doesn't have cores on the rest of China is because the rest of China is either directly controlled by Germany or under control of the Allgemeine Ostasiatische Gesellschaft and the Qing Empires situation is the same as "India in the late-18th C., but obviously with Germans running the show instead of Britain!" The Germans are supporting the Qing Empire, and they're not going to stab them in the back unless Neo-Cons take over the Chinese Government, which still hasn't been developed. So, when we get to making the Chinese events, they'll have the option to try to reunite China, but they'll face opposition from Germany and Japan, making it one of the harded countries to play as. I'll probably write the events myself for the next version if nobody else gets around to them.

Kibbles said:
So, when we get to making the Chinese events, they'll have the option to try to reunite China, but they'll face opposition from Germany and Japan, making it one of the harded countries to play as. I'll probably write the events myself for the next version if nobody else gets around to them.
Sounds neat, looking forward to that :)
I just find it strange that if for example Qing get control of a larger part of China, the chinese population there would not support them, when they are practicly occupied as it is now, but I guess these events you're mentioning will solve this.

I'm currently trying to compose an event string which allows for a military coup attempt led by Mao in this... country, that are now communist china, which might lead to either a civil war, Mao taking place in the government, or Mao taking complete power. He is a military leader there, so I thought that it would be a possibility :)
I'll update here if it works.

Comrade Kalle said:
I'm currently trying to compose an event string which allows for a military coup attempt led by Mao in this... country, that are now communist china, which might lead to either a civil war, Mao taking place in the government, or Mao taking complete power. He is a military leader there, so I thought that it would be a possibility :)
I'll update here if it works.

Run this by everyone in the subforum first... Mao has been a touchy subject in the past.

Das Kapitalist said:
Run this by everyone in the subforum first... Mao has been a touchy subject in the past.

Yeah, to keep things interesting, it's the general policy to avoid having OTL national leaders playing significant roles in their Kaiserreich nations.

Comrade Kalle said:
according to the map found at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qing , they should have cores on entire today's China, plus Taiwan, Mongolia, and maybe Tannu Tuva as well (sorry for using vanilla country names :p )
Also, if the communists, Yunnan, or another warlord takes control of China, I doubt that the people would keep revolting and cause trouble when the country for once is united under one rule.

The Qing government at the beginning of the game is ineffective and unable to internationally assert its authority to areas that it could legally claim as part of the Empire.

Here is the general policy on cores:

What I've taken core provinces to represent is an area in which the governing country has both the support of the local population to rule it (or else the unqualified support of a very important local group who can quell all potential unrest), some degree of international recognition/acceptance of the claim, and a government proactive enough to actually be able to seriously assert the claim.

So, at the beginning of the game, certain national or historic territories (including former British, Russian and French colonial possessions, or areas under recently established German control, and other territories where the population aren't fully integrated into the nation, like Ulster for Ireland or the Ottoman Levantine provinces) don't fit these categories, and therefore don't count as cores. It should therefore take events and AI/Player choices to get them.

Sarmatia1871 said:
Yeah, to keep things interesting, it's the general policy to avoid having OTL national leaders playing significant roles in their Kaiserreich nations.
I see... so that's why Stalin doesn't appear in Soviet Union :cool:
I guess I'll keep this event for myself then, if I can get it to work. when I load the scenario it freezes, I don't know what's wrong with it :mad: