• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oh, we might get an event or two about a marriage. Perhaps he even falls in with a woman certain elements do not approve of, but I doubt we'd see an abdication - the imperial throne is wobbling as it is. People would just have to lump it.

Okay, and how many minutes did you spend actually playing this game? There is no Wallis Simpson connection, she'd never meet Edward, and thus there is no need for the king to abdicate the throne, seeing as the object of his affections has never met him. We can assume either a boring, marriage (which could do with an event) or something perhaps a little more risque. Given the state of the Entente however I would severely doubt the King would abdicate responsibility over something as trifling as a woman who had once had a divorce.

I do not know, I fear the Imperial Throne would wobble a bit too much if the Supreme Governor of the Church of England married a divorcé, there would be considerable support for Cosmo to attempt to get rid of him. If Edward backs the Tories Sir Mackenzie King would do absolutely everything in his power to oust Edward and I think it would be good to give Mackenzie a chance to make a last stand (perhaps his dead mother or Leonardo Da Vinchi told him to do it:p?) I think it is not impossible for Edward to show poor judgment in his choice of bride, so I think it would be best to give the player a few choices for who Edward could marry, one of whom could be controversial enough to cause a crisis which Mackenzie could attempt to exploit in the event that Edward backed Bennet.

If you mean a Frano-German war, yes that's fine. If you mean no wars at all ever, then I think KR has failed it's mandate to make too many wars.

The Second World War, or rather a showdown between the Internationale and the rest, happened to me in late 1941 once. So yeah, that's fine.

I've noticed that during the La Plata-Brazil War, if La Plata makes peace with Brazil, the treaty doesn't make them at peace with Bolivia, and it doesn't make Brazil at peace with Germany, if they happened to join the war. That usually ends up with Bolivia being easily conquered, and Brazil being annexed by Germany, assuming that they aren't a La Plata puppet.

Oh, and a lot of the countries that break off as rebels, like Kurdistan and Republican China, manage to survive by giving up everything except 1 province. Is this supposed to happen?

I've noticed that Yi-un is head of state of Korea...

Historically, he was a collaborator and served in the Imperial army and air force with Japanese men under his command. He also isn't second in line from Emperor Sunjong...his older brother, Gang Yi, is. Yi-un was chosen by the Japanese because Gang Yi was considered 'Rebellious'.
Gang Yi actually tried to flee Korea to the Korean Provisional Government in 1919, but was caught in Manchuria. He was returned to Korea and since cooperated and supported the Japanese.

So if any uprisings are happening on behalf of a Korean Empire, it would almost certainly be Gang Yi's doing, or another more obscure member of the Imperial family. Definitely NOT Yi-un. He was married to a Japanese woman anyway...

I'll look into it, and if it is warrented, I'll change the HoS.

I would like to point out however it wouldn't matter who he was married to. :p

Well, I thought Princess Euimin was worth a mention, as she was selected by the Japanese in 1916 (before annexation). She and Yi-un had two children together and I don't think there was much, if any, objection from him in terms of their marriage. They stayed together until his death.

A samll question - where do you get patch 1.3b for ARMA? The link seems to be broken to the thread for doomsday patches.

Wonderful! Incidentally, from a story perspective,why is Poland not a German puppet state? Under the Mitteleuropa plan Germany would certainly have established pretty tight control - it was to be tied to Germany 'forever' - the only explanation I can think of is squabblings between Germany and Austria over it lead to its being left in limbo, but an explanation would be welcome.

PS: If it is purely because of the Poland-Lithuania chain (do not bother if there is a reason why, I will merely accept it) , could you tell me how to create a player-only decision that removes the puppet if a human is playing (so I can stick with a traditional Mitteleuropa while still being able to do PL)? Or put it with the 'Polish King' regency choice, and add a German chain a la Lithuania & White Ruthenia to bring it back by force?

PPS: Why does Germany use the Reichskriegsflagge rahter than the black-white-red?

Last edited:
True, and fitting for the German Army. I think I will let my pedantry drop on this one. Incidentally, can one get hte B-W-R flag in the Kaiserreich stlye anywhere as a download?

PPPS: Sorry, another one, but better get my interminable list of quesitons over and done with now. Why is it one can control the armies of the AmgOstAsienGmBH? In Mittel-Afrika you cannot, which I understand to represent the great autononmy of the Staathalter, and the fact that the Freistaat is more or less left to its own devices. However, reading the Kaiserpedia wiki article on the topic, it seems the AmgOstAsienGmBH enjoys much the same autonomy, as a corporate dictatorship - I am not criticising hte decision, merely intrigued why. Troubles in China leading the Empire taking control temporarily perhaps? Old R.U Vn. S? I am all ears, so any clearing up would be welcome.

Also, I am assuming Goering is not a morphia addict, as he was never shot in the groin in the putsch, as no putsch.

Also, just read the article on Freistaat Mittel-Afrika and this seems the time to applaud this mod - it is remarkably plausible in set-up as to how the Germans might chop up the world (I love the choice of quasi-independent, essentially feudal industrial dictatorships, it goes so well with real Gemran history - Krupp, 'King' Stumm and so on) rather than he usual huge directly administred empire - it may have worked for a Nazi Victory, but puppet states nad quasi-autonomies fit the Kaiserreich much better, while allowing for some great fun 'Welt-Politik' games, which I privately prefer to conquest - maneouvering alliances, getting the right people on-side, trading technology to allies, fighting little proxy wars (the Assume Control function is wonderful for this sort of thing) and so on to put the kibosh on the Syndicalists in Europe, isolate the UoB (Ireland) and paralyze the Entente is capital fun. I actually prefer the scenario to vanilla HoI2, as it is not all War,War,War, but mainly diplomatic, as the German Empire as a state always preferred alliances and manipulating the Status Quo to conquest.

Finally, from an AAR perspective, as the AI does not often seem to expand their alliance, what is a gamey expansion for Mitteleuropa - I considered Poland, Bulgaria, Finland, as well as possibly the Ottomans, to fulfill the Septemberprogramm which talked about as single bloc from Berlin to Baghdad. Adding Austria-Hungary sems a bit gamey until and if the empire starts to unglue and become independent.

Last edited:
Uh Poland is not a German puppet for the reason you said Alexi, and that's even on Poland's Kaiserpedia page and description. :p

I don't get what you are getting at with the Commonwealth chain, it is formed with Lithuania and Poland, neither of which are puppets.

As for the AoG, no idea, but it doesn't matter much.

What flag?

The PL-Thing was a fudged attempt to articulate an irrelevant point, the flag is the vanilla HOI2 German vs the Reich War Flag andd the poland is my idiocy.

There seems to be a cheat to winning the Brazil-La Plata War. I noticed that Brazil was winning, and yet they surrendered since Chile was able to take Rio de Janeiro through an amphibious landing. I just thought that that didn't seem very fair.

At first slowly but then more and more the realization is dawning of me that quite a few people have not only forgotten the basic principles of the Mod created by Sarmatia and then slowly expanded into what is one of HOIs most important ALT history mods they have usurped an authority over it's developement they never had. All of it became apparent during the course of a discussion about something as trivial as the addition of a flavour event. Not only did I experience an utterly disrespectfull treatment such as one mod manipulating my user title and sig but the self-proclaimed team even refused to take the matter to the actuall HOI forum which actually spawned the mod.

I never had any intention of going that far but I found it nessecary to take the matter to Sarmatia personally asking him allow the mod to either return to his hands or giving it to the community as a whole. Should I get a green light from him the mod shall fully and officialy revert to a community controlled mod. Future modding activity shall happen in a much different and more open way similar to the AGCEEP modell protecting the basic tenets of the mod by setting up a few core principles viewable by the public which shall form the future guideluines but allowing for sub-mods and input by the whole community instead of a small team making decisions over a mod they never owned to begin with. That means that Kaiserreich will remain recognizable, legitimized, plausible open and ideally dynamic. How dynamic exactly that will of course depend on you. It may crawl along if there are few people contributing but it can also move forwards rapidly if people work together.

I like how much drama was sparked over the past day in particular while I was gone. To state this once more, SorelusImperion has nothing to do with Kaiserreich's development, or the Development team. On our forum he consistently was arguing for CHI to have an Imperial path. Even though his idea was rejected, he instead of being a gentleman and stopping, just got more hostile. Kaiserreich was started by Sarmatia, but the dev team still works on it because it is ours. Deal with it. :)