• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi. I love this mod and i've been playing it through the last several releases. However, I had this strange occurrence while playing Japan in the latest version.

picture

Basically, a sporadic mass declaration of war after the Austria-Hungary crisis and the Alash Orda-Don Kuban crisis. Azerbaijan seems to be the brunt of the world's aggression. Some alliances also seem to be at was with themselves.

This wasn't far from the whole thing though. Shortly after, a whole heap of minor countries declared war on Germany.

Can we see a map of the situation

sorry i dont understand the installation advice. i have installed only doomsday 1.3. what now ?

edit: i tried both install ways but neither worked. the game started with an error message then when i tried single player the games collapsed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a bit of a problem playing as Russia. The game starts with a Romanov as the head of state, so that means that the Kerensky assassination never occurs...I followed the correct installation path - the country descriptions are in the alternate setting and everything, so is there something that I missed?

I have a bit of a problem playing as Russia. The game starts with a Romanov as the head of state, so that means that the Kerensky assassination never occurs...I followed the correct installation path - the country descriptions are in the alternate setting and everything, so is there something that I missed?

Are you launching the correct scenario?

I was able to fix it after reinstalling Kaiserreich - it's ok.

I noticed something odd while playing the Commune of France. I pushed eastwards and created a puppet poland when the event fired off to do so. Upon returning some territories though, it gave Poland some random cores on Kelafonia and a territory in Romania. I removed them out myself, but just a heads up for future releases.

I think the reason you can't create a unified Germany is that the mod creators decided that France wouldn't want a single German government, even a puppet one, so close to their borders for the same reason they wouldn't let Austria join Germany immediately after World War one (despite a popular vote that went heavily for German unification.) Too dangerous. Better to break it up into manageable pieces and pray that there is never a single leader capable of reuniting the regional interests.

Gameplay question for anyone who knows

I am playing as the Shangqing Tianguo. I took out Yunnan early because I wanted to expand but didn't feel ready to take on the Qing. However, I seem to remember from other games that there is an event that triggers the war between Shangqing Tianguo and the Qing Empire.

My question is: does that have a random chance of triggering or is there a set date?

I tried poking around the events folder to find out, but I was unable to find it. I don't want to declare war if there's an event that will give it to me without the belligerence and dissent bump. Time probably isn't on my side with their IC being five times mine. So I don't want to wait too long either. If anyone knows, I would appreciate it! Thanks!

hi
i have a grafic problem. my monitor blinks when i start kaiserreich. i getting a headache. i have a clean arma 1.2 installation and installed it like the a installation explains it. intsalled both sprite packs. could that be the problem ?

I am playing as the Shangqing Tianguo. I took out Yunnan early because I wanted to expand but didn't feel ready to take on the Qing. However, I seem to remember from other games that there is an event that triggers the war between Shangqing Tianguo and the Qing Empire.

My question is: does that have a random chance of triggering or is there a set date?

I tried poking around the events folder to find out, but I was unable to find it. I don't want to declare war if there's an event that will give it to me without the belligerence and dissent bump. Time probably isn't on my side with their IC being five times mine. So I don't want to wait too long either. If anyone knows, I would appreciate it! Thanks!

As far as I know "The Qing Fools" event only fires if the Qing refrains from making reforms early on.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I did not have the time or patience to look through 300+ pages.
What I want to know is:
I'm currently playing a game as Republican China which was peacefully established out of the AllgOstAsienGmbh. What bothers me are two things:

1. I still have the same political sliders as when I was the AllgOstAsienGmbh so I'm still nearly completely autocratic for example. Is this WAD or is there an event that just did not fire yet?

2. The techteams of the Republic are crap as usual. Would it be possible to give them some better if they evolved from the AllgOstAsienGmbH (with german companies still active inside the country) maybe through some event connected with a dissent hit (It would be like: Do you want the Germans to stay here? Yes -> techteams + dissent (20 or something) No -> dissent reduction)

Oh and a third thing: Is there some peace event once the germans declared war on me (via event) or do I have to fight them to the death?

Thanks in advance!

hi
i have a grafic problem. my monitor blinks when i start kaiserreich. i getting a headache. i have a clean arma 1.2 installation and installed it like the a installation explains it. intsalled both sprite packs. could that be the problem ?

Do you have any other windows open at the same time? When I leave iTunes up it makes the game flicker occasionally. Minimizing the window solves the flicker for me.

Ok so far I really like this mod with only one frustration. Playing as the Qing getting my cores back is a royal pain the posterior. I don't understand WHY I don't start out with these cores to begin with. Not to mention several of the event chains allow you to go to war with those who through other choices you would get the cores but you don't get them going to war. Getting Macao back as a core through events is impossible. Plus if you decide to work with Sternberg and he refuses and you declare war it SHOULD give you the cores back....when you decide HOW you want to expand it should give you cores on all your lands regardless of the choice you choose. Then you can remove the add cores from all the little events.

Another example is the Legation Cities...if they're snapped up by the Alg there's no event to give you those cores. I like the idea of the Qing having to expand in surges but the way in which it's done means you'll most likely end up with dissent in lands that traditionally belonged to the Qing and China.

You always can add these cores yourself. By:
Step1.f12 -> showid -> write down id's of provinces you want as cores.
Step2.find your savegame (scenarios -> savegames)
Step3.open it in notepad or some other txt editor
Step4.find
Code:
country = {
tag = CSX
Step5.add your written down province id's to
Code:
nationalprovinces = {

Oh I already did that and added the expanded cores into the event train, while removing all the other add core events. Just wanted to point it out. :)

You always can add these cores yourself. By:
Step1.f12 -> showid -> write down id's of provinces you want as cores.
Step2.find your savegame (scenarios -> savegames)
Step3.open it in notepad or some other txt editor
Step4.find
Code:
country = {
tag = CSX
Step5.add your written down province id's to
Code:
nationalprovinces = {

So I'm having a bit of trouble playing Germany. First of all, I'm sure this is intended, but all my IC is going toward reducing dissent and I am unable to mass enough troops on my border with France before war breaks out. To boot, Russia has gone Communist and Japan seems fairly aggressive in it's own right.