• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
oh i didn't know about the battle of iceland, when does that happen? iceland's definitely a good staging point.
Look in the UoB event file, at the end of the file. There is no actual fighting involved, but it may lead to a Canada-Iceland alliance, a UoB-Iceland alliance, or a war between UoB and Canada.

Should give you enogh time to prepare for war, end the CSA, and reunite India.

Look in the UoB event file, at the end of the file. There is no actual fighting involved, but it may lead to a Canada-Iceland alliance, a UoB-Iceland alliance, or a war between UoB and Canada.

Should give you enogh time to prepare for war, end the CSA, and reunite India.

ah thanks. i'm not sure i'm going to be ready for war by then :( but i'll cope.

to the developers: after my earlier moan, i'd like to say how impressed i am with how it's changed since the previous version. the american civil war events in particular are very cool, and in watching the ai fight in europe, asia and america i'm very impressed with their performance, too. much better than vanilla.

Also, Denmark does not always choose to free Iceland. If it does, they will want to start a trade agreement with Canada, which starts the event chain. (As far as I know)

ah thanks. i'm not sure i'm going to be ready for war by then :( but i'll cope.
You'll be fine, UoB Army is not particularly tough after you land (thay cause major problems when you land) as it is mostly made up of Garrisons and Infantry with no Armour at all.
Navy and Air Force may cause problems though.

Thanks, i'm sure once i land i'll be fine. i only have around 15 divisions in my 'attack' force of which 2 are armour - i was going to start the war in 1940. oh well, more fun this way - more of a challenge.

Thanks, i'm sure once i land i'll be fine. i only have around 15 divisions in my 'attack' force of which 2 are armour - i was going to start the war in 1940. oh well, more fun this way - more of a challenge.
Good Luck, and please tell me if you are sucsessful, I want to see if there's a way to do the invasion with far less bloodshed than I had to suffer.

Yes, I also noticed this. Also, in the event releaseing New England, the description says that the Conservatives wanted to keep it, while the Liberals wanted to release it. However, there is no choice to keep it.

BTW, playing as Canada, what do you think is the best way to retake Britain? My route through Scotland caused me a lot of pain that I feel may have been unnecessary.

Thats always bugged me, why can't I get the option to keep it?

Must say, this mod is an interesting one!
Really like "what if's"-scenarios. Played it first time last night, or, played around a little. It had some bugs, even a ctd (1½ years in game with commune of France; war with spain, an event was triggered, then it crashed severly).
I think this mod has potential, would like to see it be transferred into HoI3! :]

What I think should be done:

- tweak the AI... it's dumb (well, HoI2 AI is dumb by default, a slight improvement). Doesn't use units that could be used to eg. counter-attack attacking forces (that are by default weak, eg. militia), waits long to counter-attack, even if all variables are quite fit to do it, doesn't send any spies or whatsoever, don't research critical techs...

- The tech tree - have any plans to make a custom one? Mod34 uses a nice custom tech tree; perhaps altered for this ficitional scenario?
Also, don't let countries at random decide what techs to go after; it'll backfire on them. If possible, script possibilites what they will choose to go after. I mean, a Russia with strong navy and almost no army tech? =P

- A new map perhaps. The more areas, the more fun :]

I agree. The AI misses a lot of good opportunities. As Austria I was able to pocket 81 French (a few Sicilian, but who cares about them :D) divisions in Anzio/Cassino with 35 Italian divisions (they had held out in Rome until I got down the boot) and my main army of 27 (later 39) divisions. They could have easily counterattacked and forced a huge stalemate (which it was until I started convoy raiding with my main fleet and slowly advancing with support from the Roman troops).

Still, this is going to be great for my Catholic bloc, which is for some reason led by Carlist Spain (I think).
Is there a way to fix that matter so that I'm the alliance leader (it's not a major faction, just me, Portugal, Italian Fed, Carlist Spain and Ireland)?

The Catholic bloc is created via an event chain for Carlist Spain and thus they're the leader of the bloc. As for improvements, we won't be making any major changes for the HoI2-version anymore. Tweaking the AI is possible, but I doubt we'll add a new map or a custom tech-tree (albeit one has been in the works for quite some time).

How do I edit it so that I'm the leader, is my main question. I would appreciate help regarding that. Thanks.

Good Luck, and please tell me if you are sucsessful, I want to see if there's a way to do the invasion with far less bloodshed than I had to suffer.

ahem, you asked for me to say how it went?

well, i sent some divisions to iceland to prepare to invade, then sent my battleship fleet with the transports back to get more. waiting for me was a collosal union fleet which completely wiped out my battleship fleet. so i'm not going to play that particular game anymore :mad: there's not really any point.

ahem, you asked for me to say how it went?

well, i sent some divisions to iceland to prepare to invade, then sent my battleship fleet with the transports back to get more. waiting for me was a collosal union fleet which completely wiped out my battleship fleet. so i'm not going to play that particular game anymore :mad: there's not really any point.
Use carriers. And what was the landing point? I did it in Scotland. I warned you about the Navy, didn't I?:p
Tell me, what was the quality of your Navy like? You have fleets all over the Empire, bring 'em home to fight UoB. With my carrier- centred fleets, I manged to destroy the Union Navy after about 3 major battles. Remember to watch for torpedo planes, they sank some of my ships in battle. Please try again, and good luck!

well, i sent some divisions to iceland to prepare to invade
Send the Royal Marines. Lots of them. And some armour. Paratroopers really don't hurt, if you don't think they're cheating. UoB never garrisons Wales or Northern Scotland, as there are no beaches.

well i'll be honest, my navy was neglected somewhat because i needed to build an army and an airforce too. i had the 4 modern carriers in a battlegroup, and the 3 non-great war battleships/battlecruisers in a fleet, too. i was taken by surprise by the ai, which decided to send what i assume was the entire Union Navy - about 15 battleships, and i think 8 carriers, in a giant fleet that just wiped me out. my original landing force was going to consist of 3 marines and 6 inf, i think, which would probably have been ok to take the beaches had i got that far.

well i'll be honest, my navy was neglected somewhat because i needed to build an army and an airforce too. i had the 4 modern carriers in a battlegroup, and the 3 non-great war battleships/battlecruisers in a fleet, too. i was taken by surprise by the ai, which decided to send what i assume was the entire Union Navy - about 15 battleships, and i think 8 carriers, in a giant fleet that just wiped me out. my original landing force was going to consist of 3 marines and 6 inf, i think, which would probably have been ok to take the beaches had i got that far.
The old battleships you have are crap, use them as scrap metal or to guard the Canadian coast. UoB ai tries to land in Canada, but you can stop them if you destroy the navy and leave a few ships behind to take care of the trannsports. I would argue that Navy>Army>Air Force. I did not use any bombers, just a few fighters to stoptheir aircraft. And I think you're underestimating the UoB Army. Unless that's just your first "wave", and you'll send more after you take the beaches.

could you give me a walktrough on how to install kaiserreich beta V?
i downloaded it, but all I received was a couple of archives about AI, events and a nice wilhelm II picture:D which features as kaisericon.