• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It is rather simple to change the pics GIP changed back. Simply plunder them of a vanilla installment. I cannot upload them for you, as I don't know which pics are changed by GIP.

all pictures (the whole map), only the kaiserreich pics and some very unknow leader wich only has a black/white photo, are now black/white. can you upload not you whole picture map in a zip file (my tech teams and leader are also colour)? if i install vanilla all (5) by my self made countries go away and i dont want to make again. please just upload them all it will be very nice:(.

and has the new version all ready new, the same style, flags? i now count for: hoi, eu, vicky, and a different hoi but with now waving things in the flag, russia uses it.
on woch page are the kaiserreich skif icons? i cant find them.

really thanks if you can upload.

Last edited:
I still say E3 map is better.Its more accurate,yes,and its also ENOUGH USEFUL to make up much more interesting territory mixes.

Just think at how Romania could get back its territories(Transylvania) since there are like 3 totally different territories which Romania has annexed in time.

I still say E3 map is better.Its more accurate,yes,and its also ENOUGH USEFUL to make up much more interesting territory mixes.

Just think at how Romania could get back its territories(Transylvania) since there are like 3 totally different territories which Romania has annexed in time.

i agree, it is much easier then to make teriotory expansions, like for germany they can take the rvier muesse/maas as border in the west while now they dont have any expansion in thewest.

A quick reminder why not to use a new map! The recoding of thousands of events will take a considerable amount of times. Since every province has a new id - all events must be rewritten.

Also the ai-files must also be rewritten, with the same explanation as above.

So first stick with the old map, then if time permitts or if there is a will go first with General Grants map.

What mod version is this? PHVR (Arma1.3b)?

The Mod should work with all versions of Arma1.3

There are two main reasons why we will not change map:

- First off all: with a Mod the size of Kaiserreich it would take A LOT of work to change all events depending on province IDs. The first version after such a conversion would be too buggy for words.
- Secondly: in my opinion such a change wouldn't add too much to the game. Most of the mapchanges are in area's that are of little importance ingame.

Edit: Zauberfloete beat me to an answer.

i agree, it is much easier then to make teriotory expansions, like for germany they can take the rvier muesse/maas as border in the west while now they dont have any expansion in thewest.

Actually, ze Germans got Liége to symbolize their occupation of Wallonia up to the Meuse. They also gained Luxemburg.

Even if it takes some more time,it would be nice to see a TC like Kaiserreich do something more original and expansive.Hell,I don't see how Kaiserreich can be expanded more,except by changing the map.

Even if it takes some more time,it would be nice to see a TC like Kaiserreich do something more original and expansive.Hell,I don't see how Kaiserreich can be expanded more,except by changing the map.

Hell if you want to it shouldn't be a problem if you make a E3 version of KR.

There's plenty of things that need correction or improvement in KR. There are chains that are simply useless (such as the Mexican intervention into the ACW), states that simply beg for new events and improvement (Finland, Centroamerica) and unused potential (like revival of Gran Colombia)... The map won't hurt, but it's not a priority. ;)

There's one thing I've never understood in KR.
If Germany won the Great War, why would they give Nice and Grenoble to Italy, their enemies?

I play Ukraine in 1.2 Beta 4 and a few days after Japan has an event when it chooses to invade Russia in future I get the error (about 15th April 1937):
capture28062010192718.jpg

I found that file in the ai\KAISERREICH\switch directory and the event causing this problem is Japan_ExpRus.txt
The same problem is with FENG_RUS_PREP.ai

Last edited:
There's one thing I've never understood in KR.
If Germany won the Great War, why would they give Nice and Grenoble to Italy, their enemies?
Because France is a bigger enemy and so they gave Nice, Grenoble and Corsica to the Italian Federation, which was a puppet of Austria. As these lands contain some italians or populations that could be friendly to italian (like Corsica) Germany did this to reduce the power of France, hoping that the people in these lands would accept the rule of the Italian Federation witohut rising in revolts. The Italian Federation was an Austrain pupper, but with great regional autonomy: many French Catholics escaped to these region for fear of the Syndicalist and they could, after all, have a good deal of power as autonomous regions.
With the passing of time, the power of Austria deteriorated, as you can see from the Ausgleich of 1927 where they had to do many concession and to hand over mastery over Ukraina to Germany (previously this was an Austrian puppet too).
Around 1933-34, Pius XI, supported by his cardinals and the population, pushed for a centralization and was able to create a more united state, gradually erasing the influence of Austria on Italian internal and external affairs.
This is why in 1936 the Italian Federation is an independent country and at the death of Pius XI Austria has the possibility to push Josef von Österreich-Toskana as King of Italy: the can try to re-establish their mastery over the Italian Federation taking advantage of the newly centralized country.

I play Ukraine in 1.2 Beta 4 and a few days after Japan has an event when it chooses to invade Russia in future I get the error (about 15th April 1937):
capture28062010192718.jpg

I found that file in the ai\KAISERREICH\switch directory and the event causing this problem is Japan_ExpRus.txt
The same problem is with FENG_RUS_PREP.ai

Oops, my mistake. It should be "\" not "/".

There's plenty of things that need correction or improvement in KR. There are chains that are simply useless (such as the Mexican intervention into the ACW), states that simply beg for new events and improvement (Finland, Centroamerica) and unused potential (like revival of Gran Colombia)... The map won't hurt, but it's not a priority. ;)

Such an understatement. What does Australia have other than a single election event, a completely broken naval tech tree, et al?

I have been working on an Australian improvement project for over a year. An "on and off" project if you will.

I rewrote most of Australia with aim of making it a Jingoistic nation, in the fashion that Germany and Italy were like during our historical interwar period. Historically, Germany had its own red scare being the Bavarian Soviet Republic and the Spartakist. Union of Britain and the syndicalist revolution in the British Isles is practically the same thing!

I fixed Australia's naval tree and made it more comparable to Canada and Union of Britain.

I shifted most of Australia's ministers to Social Conservative, Parental Autocrat and National Populist. Bruce is still an iron fist autocrat and while running off the name National Party it technically no longer exists except in the imagination of Bruce's mind and within apparatus of the state (i.e. an Australian Paul Hidenburg).

John Curtin is a Nationalist Populist (KR Vanilla) is the head of the Antipodes National Labour Party.

John Garden and Sharkey are enjoying a nice view from a Tasmanian Jail cell... :rofl: ((as pointed out on the KR forum... the likelihood of syndicalists coming to power in Australia is zip).

Added in a lot of ministers, leaders and tech teams including missing expats, celebrities, et al.

Charles Smith (War Hero, Pilot and died in 1935. In KR, the war went on longer and Charles Smith had more experience, successes, et al. )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Kingsford_Smith

J.F.C. Fuller (Remains committed to the right and flees the syndicalist revolution in Britain. Lives as an expat in Sydney. Is highly esteemed for his unorthodox military theories and sympathizes with the Antipodes Labour Party.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._F._C._Fuller

I added in a number of celebrities, street activists (to add in more puppet ministers for syndicalists), war heroes and officers who died in RL but maintained their careers and became generals, et al.

Australia in my mind shouldn't have a problem becoming stronger than Canada. Australia and New Zealand probably received a couple million refugees (1-5) from Britain and Africa (Anglo-Africans who left because of German rule and in South Africa, tensions with the Afrikaners rising, et al).
Potential to expand into Indonesia and use its resources and people to free up more domestic Australians into industry and the military, et al. Not hard to imagine them becoming stronger than Canada as Canada has effectively abandoned India to Delphi and itself is pretty much subservient to America (unless itself conquers America during ACW which the A.I. never does).

Some idea's I would like to push forward for more interest in Asia in KR.

When the Korean lobby events are shuffled around to Germany, Russia, and the Qing Empire. I wonder why Korea is immediately rushed into to war with Japan thus giving the state very little chance of survival on its own. My advice is why not have a situation like with the Gibraltar scenario? We know that once the territory is seized by the CNT/FAI Germany has the option to seize it and so does the Commune of France. Why not pull the similar option for Korea? Whoever the Korean Lobby receives assistance from should have the option to rush in troops to prevent total Japanese doom. Germany and Russia could certainly use a spring board to hold the Japanese at bay in the Pacific.

Also the similar situation can apply to Indochina when gaining independence from Germany. The Commune of France and Bengal can send troops to prop up the nation once it revolts against the Germans. Indochina can accept the help from the Internationale perhaps granting a greater sphere of influence in Asia instead of the Internationale only in India and possibly Australasia (if they went the Syndicalist route).

Also back to Japan, it is pretty obvious that Japan is basically playing a vanilla story except for the decision of choosing the path towards democracy but that's about it. I think that the factions of the world should be focusing of the importance of Japan considering that they were the top power in the region. Germany should have events that try to make efforts to befriend Japan, even though it is most likely since Japan and Germany are enemies in this world that it is unlikely. The Entente should make efforts to pursue an alliance with the Japanese for a strong hold in the Pacific. The Internationale should have events to cause unrest and possibly coup the government. The Japanese could do their "vanilla" path, a path to the International, or a path towards the Entente.

Also for the Commune of France during the first Internationale in Paris, the French have the option of beginning to export Syndicalism to Latin America. I believe options to be included to export Syndicalism to Asia, the Middle East, or Africa. A rise in Syndicalism in areas other than just South America could cause the Germans a different view in their foreign policy.