• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That's what we did to post Beta III links. We will update the front page again when next version comes out.
But it is rather surprising that, when the front page clearly states "Latest version is Beta III" people still download old "version 1.0".

It is just that, well, since you see a 1.0 download, you figure they must have forgotten to edit the message or something, because, usually, 1.0 is further ahead than any sort of Beta. I mean, why else would a 1.0 download be up?

Of course, I could just have severely flawed deductive reasoning. *shrugs*

By the way: Do I guess correctly when I guess that the reason as to why none of the choices for "The Government Collapses" event for Bengal do anything is simply because you have not gotten to it, yet? Or is that a bug?

To explain the confusion! It has been anouced several times by the mod that Beta III is the current one, cause 1.0 was a released with so many bugs it was nearly unplayable! And to why the 1.0 version is still up, well it wouldn't change much cause Beta IV is nearly in release stage!!! And as Akira has said the front page will be changed then!

To Bengal: Yep, I think the event department changed it! And it will be released in the new version!

Edit: Sorry if the answer is a bit hard, but people still asked which version is the latest, even though the answer was posted right before them!!!

EMFM said:
I've been looking forward to this since April. :)

WE all have been looking forward to this since Beta III :)

Jacob XVI said:
I can't wait to get my hands on beta IV. :cool:
So say we all!

I hope the civil wars will be corrected, Russia will do something, France will win the war...

DarkReborn said:
I hope the new Qing reformation events and the new American Civil War are included, they are both good event chains.

They will be.

Question: Will you be allowing us to play certain countries which do not necessarily exist at the start of the game?

I.E. Allowing us to play as the American First Union, or the CSA, or the West Coast Federation?

Emp_Palpatine said:
So say we all!

I hope the civil wars will be corrected, Russia will do something, France will win the war...

Oh, god. I was so pumped up for when the war between Germany and France was coming. I was playing as France, and I was waiting for the Alsace-Lorraine Crisis to erupt. It erupted, and I took whichever actions necessary to start a war between France and Germany. I had all of my divisions massed on the borders of Germany and their little Belgian puppet state. War starts, I have all of my divisions attack.

I take about one province, I think. Which is taken back within a month of my taking it.

Britain did not exactly help that much, either, even as my allies.

Oh, god. I was so pumped up for when the war between Germany and France was coming. I was playing as France, and I was waiting for the Alsace-Lorraine Crisis to erupt. It erupted, and I took whichever actions necessary to start a war between France and Germany. I had all of my divisions massed on the borders of Germany and their little Belgian puppet state. War starts, I have all of my divisions attack.

What did you do before the war? If you build IC enough you can have double the IC of Germany, which means that you will be able to build lots of armored and motorized divisions and, when you are low of MP, lots of planes.

I was focused on, mainly, pumping out as many armoured divisions as humanly possible.

ZombieSlayer said:
Question: Will you be allowing us to play certain countries which do not necessarily exist at the start of the game?

I.E. Allowing us to play as the American First Union, or the CSA, or the West Coast Federation?

You can play those countries by selecting when in the start menu, after saving a game in which these countries spawned. Just select your savegame, select the correct flag from the menu, and you'r ready to go.

I suppose.

But they did the same thing with Ho Chi Minh's movement. I dun know why they can not make off-map nations like that for every off map nation.

Hell, I would be willing to do the coding, for the sake of being able to play as the WCF.

Andromedos said:
Yes, but not in BetaIV. German domestic events and the second Weltkrieg will be a major subject of BetaV, hopefully.

There are several offmap German political parties. It seems you have ideas about this subject. Is it possible for us to see German Elections events or German Civil War events in BetaV?