• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Great Duck said:
I think there is a program called Getright on the internet which allows you to continue broken downloads.Try finding it by Google.

It unfortunately doesn't work with Rapidshare, which generates a unique download every time.

If anyone wants to host the files somewhere else, they can and I'll put a link on the first page. A torrent probably isn't possible, as I think discussions or use of P2P programmes are against forum rules.

Sarmatia1871 said:
It unfortunately doesn't work with Rapidshare, which generates a unique download every time.

If anyone wants to host the files somewhere else, they can and I'll put a link on the first page. A torrent probably isn't possible, as I think discussions or use of P2P programmes are against forum rules.

I don't think so. P2P programs aren't illegal by themselves. What's illegal is using them to download copyrighted stuff.

For an example of legal use of P2P, look at http://www.gameupdates.org/. There you can download patches and stuff for games using bittorrent. It's extremely handy for me, because of my irregular internet connection.

I very seriously doubt it'd be a problem, since there's nothing illegal to it. It's just a torrent download for a mod.

Again, I would very very much appreciate this.

tric said:
I don't think so. P2P programs aren't illegal by themselves. What's illegal is using them to download copyrighted stuff.

For an example of legal use of P2P, look at http://www.gameupdates.org/. There you can download patches and stuff for games using bittorrent. It's extremely handy for me, because of my irregular internet connection.

I very seriously doubt it'd be a problem, since there's nothing illegal to it. It's just a torrent download for a mod.

Again, I would very very much appreciate this.

Yep, I know, but it's still in the forum rules, and I'd prefer to be safe:

15. You will not post messages that offer or discuss pirated software/media/links to other such sites that offer it or discuss p2p sites/methods.

The Great Duck said:
Now I am getting some "error in db message".
I tried to delete the MOD folder,but for some reason I can not!
Is it because of All the Russias?

Possibly - here's my suggestions:

Deactivate all mods using JSGME and see if a vanilla game of HOI2 using the 1936 scenario loads up properly.

If HOI2 doesn't load up, then reinstall everything and try again.
If HOI2 does load up, then there's something wrong with the download, so re-download and try again.

For some reason,I can not delete the gfx/event pictures folder,although I deleted all files in it,and when trying to uninstall,I get some error message.
I deleted the files manually and moved the MODs to desktop,I deleted DD from the windows registry,and the game installation still thinks DD is installed!

Well... It wouldn't really be discussing methods. You'd just have to post a link to a torrent for the mod. That's all.

I'm gonna go see if there's an admin or someone to talk to about this.

Edit: message sent. Now we'll see what they say.

Last edited:
The Great Duck said:
Since I am a bit new to this mod,what country do you recommend to play first?
I suggest the Ottoman Empire. It was the first one I played and I consider it quite fun to play as well.

The Great Duck said:
Will this work with 1.3?For some reason I am getting errors when trying to install 1.3a over 1.3,and I get a message:"An error in the db" when I try to play the game.How can I fix it?
You'll have to remove Kaiserreich completely before installing 1.3a

The Great Duck said:
Do I need to delete it or is moving the Kaiserreich files out of the DD folders enough?
The "delete" option in JGSME was enough for me.

The Great Duck said:
Now I am getting some "error in db message".
I tried to delete the MOD folder,but for some reason I can not!
Is it because of All the Russias?

I got this error too, not entirely sure why. Reorganising folders and disabling then reenabling the mod seemed to work. Bit of a mystery really...