• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Damnnation... this really is not supposed to happen, both the AUS and french minister error. And California seems to have a similar problem.

Can you describe the strange amalgam cabinet that you got, or show a picture? And if anybody here knows a solution, I will be very much in your debt.

The amalgam was only when I replaced the vanilla French ministers with Kaiserreich in the main Doomsday directory. I remember HoS was Maurice Thorez, and HoG was....I want to say Victor Auriol? Either way, it was a strange ideological mix....social conservatives, social democrats, etc. Really just a mess.

What mystifies me the most though is that even if you remove the starting ministers from the file altogether, they still appear. This should be impossible, right...?

As I've understood it, yes. But I've got a serious CTD with it. That can be caused by anything though.

My only weird thing so far (as not reported by someone else) was that as union of britain

I had tech team take over and some how during my wipe of SE europe I ended up with the Texas Oil Company...........
Not sure of where it came from as I took a bunch of stuff and then annexed all at once

Strange ACW

In my latest game the syndicalists won the American elections and the Union state sceded. They then declared war on the Syndicalists who had now turned the USA into CSA. Suddenly the USA led by vanilla ministers declare independence from the Union state and annex it. Now I have a strange situation where Roosevelt rules the provinces of the American Union state and the rest belongs to the syndicalists. :wacko:

EmprorCoopinius said:
The amalgam was only when I replaced the vanilla French ministers with Kaiserreich in the main Doomsday directory. I remember HoS was Maurice Thorez, and HoG was....I want to say Victor Auriol? Either way, it was a strange ideological mix....social conservatives, social democrats, etc. Really just a mess.

What mystifies me the most though is that even if you remove the starting ministers from the file altogether, they still appear. This should be impossible, right...?

Armfeldt said:
... unless they're imported from some other strange file.

Maybe that is the solution. In one of the last versions, a neutral France was added, using the U08 tag. Maybe somebody messed up the ID numbers, or maybe those of another file.

I had tech team take over and some how during my wipe of SE europe I ended up with the Texas Oil Company...........

In my latest game the syndicalists won the American elections and the Union state sceded. They then declared war on the Syndicalists who had now turned the USA into CSA. Suddenly the USA led by vanilla ministers declare independence from the Union state and annex it. Now I have a strange situation where Roosevelt rules the provinces of the American Union state and the rest belongs to the syndicalists.

Both of you, can you post the history file? That would help in finding the error.
Texas oil company might be another faulty id.

Got another one - I streamrolled france as germany - mil control over all of europe sure gives you a lot of troops

After hearing about a releasable non-synd france I took the opportunity to release it

no ministers appeared...... could be linked to the same problem as above

ps. found the standard oil of cali - seems to be in the nejd tech teams file
and on that note the pan-arabic union is a pretty cool puppet - even at half possible size

thats probably the same old bug

Andromedos said:
Yep, France and neutral France (U08) do use the same id numbers for ministers. I assume that' where the proble is located.
Thanks a lot, Armfeldt. I owe you one. ;)

That may explain why people like Eden show up as UoB's Foreign Minister as well, since the minister ID numbers are duplicated between the UoB & the UK (U07).

Andromedos said:
Yep, France and neutral France (U08) do use the same id numbers for ministers. I assume that' where the proble is located.
Thanks a lot, Armfeldt. I owe you one. ;)
I'm glad you found the cause of the problem!

An error occured when I tried to load my saved game. Apparently, few ministers didn't have their position defined in the *.eug file - i mean there was "tag" instead of ForeignMinister or so.

I had to delete them manually from the savegame file.

If you're interested in the savegame file, I can send it to you.

Winner said:
An error occured when I tried to load my saved game. Apparently, few ministers didn't have their position defined in the *.eug file - i mean there was "tag" instead of ForeignMinister or so.

I had to delete them manually from the savegame file.

If you're interested in the savegame file, I can send it to you.
So was your savefile from the previous version of Kaiserreich and you tried to upload it on the new version?

Got a problem with Russian naval leaders. I do not know if it's a DD problem or a Kaiserreich problem. Anyway, what happens is that some naval leaders have 6-7 army/air traits instead of naval traits. Someone mucked up on the integers somewhere I believe...

KanaX said:
So was your savefile from the previous version of Kaiserreich and you tried to upload it on the new version?

No, I just saved my game, did something else for a while, then tried to load the savegame. I have the newest version, of course.

Winner said:
No, I just saved my game, did something else for a while, then tried to load the savegame. I have the newest version, of course.
Odd. The savefiles from previous versions won't work anymore because of some changes we've made, but I can't see why the savegames of the new versions won't load. I personally am not suffering from this issue.

Check Norway.txt, it's full of dubious use of "set_domestic" commands instead of "domestic". Some events seem right as they are, but someone should really take a closer look at this.