• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
In a way, yes, but the only necessary changes to make it compatible with vanilla HoI is deleting the spying sections in the AI files. It's tedious but easy.

Hail Gents....new to this Mod (fairly new to game actually)...and I must say this is looking mighty fine and ambitious. Downloaded and installed as soon as I saw the 1st page w/maps. A scenario I had always wondered about historically with Germany coming out on top of WWI. Can't wait.

My question (1st of many to come I'm sure) is -- should I, playing as the Germans, dump the starting doctrine and go for Mobility? Or is that opening Pandora's box as the game stands now?

Thanks, and I look forward to reading the rest of this thread 1 glorious page at a time. :D

jfp3 said:
Hail Gents....new to this Mod (fairly new to game actually)...and I must say this is looking mighty fine and ambitious. Downloaded and installed as soon as I saw the 1st page w/maps. A scenario I had always wondered about historically with Germany coming out on top of WWI. Can't wait.

My question (1st of many to come I'm sure) is -- should I, playing as the Germans, dump the starting doctrine and go for Mobility? Or is that opening Pandora's box as the game stands now?

Thanks, and I look forward to reading the rest of this thread 1 glorious page at a time. :D

Welcome! Be sure to check out our forum (see our sigs :)) as 150 pages worth is a lot to sort through (been a long time since I attempted it!!)

jfp3 said:

I don't think you can do that - once you're started on a particular doctrine path, you can switch without editing the files.

Germany might also be a bit easy at the moment, since there isn't really anything in place to slow it down!

Sarmatia1871 said:
Okay, I've reloaded the two atmospherics folders. Here are the links:

Skins:
http://rapidshare.com/files/15677755/Kaiserreich_Graphics.zip.html (34.78MB)

Syndicalist Music and Loadscreen:
http://rapidshare.com/files/15674630/Kaiserreich_Music_-_Syndicalists.zip.html (56.34MB)

To use:
* Unzip the folders into the "MODS" directory.
* Load up the required pack using the JSGME Utility after you load the Kaiserreich scenario files.
* It will ask if you want to overwrite some files: say that you do.
* Play the game normally.

Thx :) :) :)

I believe thats one of the ATR events that has been disabled for now till someone gets round to checking whether its still desired in Kaiserreich where the context is different (in ATR Armenia was a completely independent state and thus able to pursue an aggressive foreign policy whereas in Kaiserreich its dominated by the Ottomans and so much more limited).

Great Mod, people, i've been playing a lot and love it!So, if you guys need any (a)historical research, just ask. I am a post-graduate in history, so i might be able to help. An, now, a humble request:could you please add some defeat events?Please? Oh,btw, i've been playing as Two Sicilies (Grammsi as president,cool!) and i have to say beating the conservative north is a real challenge!Congrats people!

Angelos said:
Great Mod, people, i've been playing a lot and love it!So, if you guys need any (a)historical research, just ask. I am a post-graduate in history, so i might be able to help. An, now, a humble request:could you please add some defeat events?Please? Oh,btw, i've been playing as Two Sicilies (Grammsi as president,cool!) and i have to say beating the conservative north is a real challenge!Congrats people!

New people and researchers are always welcome! We (especially I, to cover my lack of actual modding work) need all the help we can get. You can join the mod-team at our forum :) BTW, where are you postgrad at?

I am a postgrad in international political history from a university here in Greece. I'll be glad to help people.

Sarmatia1871 said:
Okay, I've reloaded the two atmospherics folders. Here are the links:

Skins:
http://rapidshare.com/files/15677755/Kaiserreich_Graphics.zip.html (34.78MB)

Syndicalist Music and Loadscreen:
http://rapidshare.com/files/15674630/Kaiserreich_Music_-_Syndicalists.zip.html (56.34MB)

To use:
* Unzip the folders into the "MODS" directory.
* Load up the required pack using the JSGME Utility after you load the Kaiserreich scenario files.
* It will ask if you want to overwrite some files: say that you do.
* Play the game normally.

Sarmy,
Hi I have a little feedback for you. I was playing the US in my quest to take out the Germans. I tried as the Brits helping the French (Commies) and we got creamed. It might be possible as the Russians but, it is not easy to get them into shape to even try. I got lucky as the US by not having the election and everyone bought it. I suspect I was VERY lucky in that. Anyway I was successful. While playing the US I noticed that Turkestan was really kicking butt. So I thought I would try them out for fun. I really like playing the little guys. I took out Alash Orda and Sinkiang first then Persia. After that I went after the 3 Indias. That is where I ran into my problem. I only have 3 tech teams and got enough IC for a 4th slot. Oh do Not click on the 4th slot when you only have 3 teams. I had to reload because all of my teams went poof. Now I had many leaders, not great but many. I had no spare ministers but was able to get by. However it would be real nice for guys like me who love the little guys if it were possible to get another tech team IF you can earn that extra slot. Even if it were only a 1 skill level team. It would be real neat if you could buy an extra team again only if you earn that extra slot. I had over 4000 bucks from all of the annexations. Even at a price of 500 or 1000 per skill level with random or set areas of expertise would be great. It is not reall easy to get that big as a little guy. Anyway just a thought. I do not know how hard it would be to implement something like that. Please let me know what you think.
Kevin

Angelos said:
I am a postgrad in international political history from a university here in Greece. I'll be glad to help people.

Cool :) I'm an undergrad historian you see - got to work out what an earth to do my dissertation on :wacko:

See if they'll let you do one on the possible consequences of a German victory in WW1 :p . You never know, they may allow it.

However it would be real nice for guys like me who love the little guys if it were possible to get another tech team IF you can earn that extra slot.

Adding an extra tech team or two should be easy enough, though I suppose some research on what the tech team could be would be needed. I don't see any reason why you'd need to earn it either - just have the extra teams form the start.

Oh, how did you get on with the Indian invasion?

Timotheos said:
See if they'll let you do one on the possible consequences of a German victory in WW1 :p . You never know, they may allow it.

Actually, something on German plans for victory in WWI would probably be acceptable, quite interesting and has a fair existing literature on it - it would however depend on the state of your German, and how much they expect to be based on primary sources.

And if your languages aren't up to much, then "reception in Britain" questions are quite good if you want to look at events in a foreign country (eg. a slightly more elegantly phrased version of "What did British people in WWI think a German victory would be like?" - in fact, I don't think anyone's ever looked at that before and it could raise some interesting stuff...)

Timotheos said:

Adding an extra tech team or two should be easy enough, though I suppose some research on what the tech team could be would be needed. I don't see any reason why you'd need to earn it either - just have the extra teams form the start.

Oh, how did you get on with the Indian invasion?

Thanks it would be better to have an extra team or two from the start. Maybe we could vote for the top little guys to play. The conquest of the Indias was not too bad until Bengal. Those guys were tough and were beating me until I was able to pocket some of them when they took some of my land in the middle of the subcontinent. After taking out 6 or so of their divisions it was only a matter of slowly pushing them back to Calcutta. I was outnumbered by them at first. The lack of extra ministers was a pain but, we had plenty of leaders. Many countries only have a few. I am trying out Bulgaria now. I did a reverse of the Turkestan conquest with Australia and friends starting with Siam and finishing with the Ottomans. That one is saved and waiting to be finished. I am sure others have their favorite small countries. Please feel free to mention them. OH I forgot, as Bulgaria I have 6 Italian named divisions and 4 Greek named divisions. Is that WAD or a whoops?

delanonne said:
Thanks it would be better to have an extra team or two from the start. Maybe we could vote for the top little guys to play. The conquest of the Indias was not too bad until Bengal. Those guys were tough and were beating me until I was able to pocket some of them when they took some of my land in the middle of the subcontinent. After taking out 6 or so of their divisions it was only a matter of slowly pushing them back to Calcutta. I was outnumbered by them at first. The lack of extra ministers was a pain but, we had plenty of leaders. Many countries only have a few. I am trying out Bulgaria now. I did a reverse of the Turkestan conquest with Australia and friends starting with Siam and finishing with the Ottomans. That one is saved and waiting to be finished. I am sure others have their favorite small countries. Please feel free to mention them. OH I forgot, as Bulgaria I have 6 Italian named divisions and 4 Greek named divisions. Is that WAD or a whoops?
Perhaps the Greek named divs come from the Bulgarian-controlled Greek territory?