• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It sure is :p

@ Akira: found it funny that страшный is scary or awful. As in Romanian straşnic (which has the same ethymology) means powerful, damn/awfully good :D , but it's usage is dropping.

to będzie bardzo interesująca walka w waszym modzie [/qoute]

"poor ... are interested ... in your mod"?

будет славно поговорить в больше чем одном языке!

Конечно. Только "...поговорить больше чем на одном..."
"в" = "in"

so romanian's got a slavic adstrate?

did i say philological discussion is getting 2 far? :rofl:

anyway... wasn't that kaiserreich's thread? so... :rofl:

BinomistaR-G said:
so romanian's got a slavic adstrate?

did i say philological discussion is getting 2 far? :rofl:

anyway... wasn't that kaiserreich's thread? so... :rofl:

It WAS the kaiserreich thread! :rofl:

And of course Romanian has a slavic adstrate (15% or more), with all those Slavs around.

Crush3r said:
And of course Romanian has a slavic adstrate (15% or more), with all those Slavs around.

woaaah! 15% is a huge load, i did'nt think it was that much
it is non flexive, isn't it?

can any1 give me instructions on how to set up Kaiserriech??

J the STUD said:
can any1 give me instructions on how to set up Kaiserriech??
Get JSGME [via a torrent or whatever if it doesnt come with kaiserreich], then follow these instructions:
jgsmekaiserreichexamplesr2.jpg

BinomistaR-G said:

Hey man, you should see armenian! Language that breaks off from protogreek perhaps 4000 years ago, enters anatolia, takes Hittite, Urartean (caucasian language with crazy consonants all over the place), Scythian influence, before falling into the Persian cultural orbit for 800 years...then the turkish for another 800...it's amazing that you can peel back these vocabulary layers to actually find the origins of the tongue :S

It WAS the kaiserreich thread
The core people use MSN and they don't need any forum anymore, so we can as well discuss linguistics.

Hey man, you should see armenian!

Well, there is one big advantage about Armenia - they still speak Russian :)

I havent been able to work on finding the error today, I had some family business I had to attend to. I'll hopefully find it tonight, make sure everything is working alright and release it tomorrow.

BinomistaR-G said:

It's flexive like all latin languages.

Romanian has a Dacian substrate, and a Slavic adstrate. It's 15% because of almost a millenium of cyrillic alphabet usage and Church Slavonic influences.

But there is also a theory that Latin and Dacian were in the same language group along with some other languages between Iberia and Assyria. The theory also states that the an empire existed in Europe, centered around the West and N West Pontic region, before the Greeks arrived in Europe, and that Greek and Roman mythology is based around the history of that Empire, that broke apart due to fragmentation (also considered the basis of the Tower of Babel story in this theory). This could fit in to the current theory of the people that inhabited areas now submerged by the Black Sea after the formation of the Bosphorous (deluge theory), that spread their slightly more advanced way of life, also supported by the Tărtăria tablets. Nicolae Densuseanu „Prehistoric Dacia” provides some good proof, but only more money into archaology in the area will provide the material evidence.

Akira said:
Well, there is one big advantage about Armenia - they still speak Russian

Yeah they do...I was there this past July, there is still this soviet mentality that all foreigners speak russian...some people mix up the two languages but hopefully now that armenian is the official language they'll be able to stop the pervasive mixing with education...more or less happened in greece too, i'm sure...(?)

Crush3r said:
It's flexive like all latin languages.

lol
no, it shud b the only 1 that is flexive... at least catalan, lusitans, castillan, italian, french, sicilian and sard (wich i studied) are not flexive...

wow, and this thing about armenian is just amazing. A very... rich :D ... substrate/adstrate

PS: this is going a little bit off topic! :rofl:

anyway, i hope we'll b able to play kaiserreich tomorrow or so :D

John Tzimisces said:
more or less happened in greece too, i'm sure...(?)

u joking! :eek:

did greeks speak russian? but they were off the soviet influence...

John Tzimisces said:
ah no, i mean that the greeks, after achieving independence, were able to establish their own educational system and had the choice of teaching either classic greek, the modern greek, or take a middle ground...

wow, amazing

what did they pick?