• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Looks like you're making the same mistake I made when I first tried to add ministers. If you add them to the Excel file nothing happenes. You have to open the said file as a wordpad file and add the ministers the same way you tried before. Should do the trick

I've now attempted that route as well, but it seemingly gives no results.

These are my additions to the ministers_csx file opened and edited in wordpad:

978117;Foreign Minister;Chen Gongbo;36;FA;Biased Intellectual;Very High;M750017;x
978118;Minister of Security;Zhou Fohai;36;FA;Silent Lawyer;High;M750018;x
978119;Chief of Army;Zhang Xueliang;36;FA;Guns and Butter Doctrine;Very High;Zhang Xueliang;x
978120;Foreign Minister;Lou Tseng-Tsiang;36;FA;Great Compromiser;High;M750019;x
978121;Foreign Minister;Chu Minyi;FA;36;Apologetic Clerk;High;M750020;x

The file is stored under Copy of Doomsday/MODS/Kaiserreich/db/Ministers

Strange, it should work AFAIK.

Personally, I use an editor to make changes to the ministerfiles. One was present on my hardcopy of Doomsday when I bought it. Perhaps such an editor is floating around on the internet?

I found the editor by Jove!

It's working (ministers are available at game start), but now the ministers can't be found in the relevant wordpad files :p

Which kinda makes this pointless, since I can't upload files I haven't got.

If are using JSGME, you have to disable and then re-enable the MOD for the changes to appear. If you only change the files in the MOD folder, these changes are not automatically loaded.

EDIT: the files modified with the editor can be found at Doomsday/db/Ministers

Gracias AC.

Here's my first WIP shot of the Manchu dominated cabinet of the Qing in 1936. Rest of the ministers are now set to the 1937 pool to illustrate the beginning of the Great Reformation.

Manchus.jpg

*Note, only Aisin-gioro Xianyu (eastern Mata Hari/gender confused Manchurian Joan of Arc) and Sa Zhenbing have been completely added by moi.

Nice work Milites, especially since Qing is horribly short of ministers. Care to share your work with the Kaiserreich-team?

Sure, if I can figure out how to get the ministers showing on the files. I've added round about 20 new ministers for the Qing spread out between Paternal Autocrat, Authoritarian Democrat and Social Conservative.

New army, naval and air ministers (36 start):

Manchus2.jpg

need some help here gents. when i load up kaiserreich, it gives me the "db error" prompt. when i ignore it many times and load up the screen, a prompt pops up that says:

ERROR : (unknown type in navaldivision) 'convoyattack = 14' line = 25 file = db\units\divisions\battleship.txt

i installed DD, Arma 1.3 and then KR with JGSME. uninstalled everything once and installed them all again; same problem. any ideas?

Great job, Milites :) Every addition to this mod is a next step towards making this mod a greatest HoI creation of all times ;)

BTW, and idea has come to my mind recently... Does anybody out there think the KR universe would be an excellent place for a alternative history novel/book?

BTW, and idea has come to my mind recently... Does anybody out there think the KR universe would be an excellent place for a alternative history novel/book?

Yeah, I think so. It would be interesting, as I like alternative history, at least plausible ones. But I guess in such case the KR universe should be made more plausible and less balanced / gamey. I understand game with more chances is more interesting than game with plausible alternate history (though I personally would like more the later one)... But really, book with states independent in KR and having roughly same timelime would be very interesting. I can imagine how it would tell about some Corto Maltese-ish adventurer going through Asia and Afrika :rofl::rofl:

So let's write it ;)

Reformist cabinet, 1938:

Manchus3.jpg

I can imagine how it would tell about some Corto Maltese-ish adventurer going through Asia and Afrika

Corto Maltese is brilliant. Now we just have to get Pratt back from the world beyond and make him play some KR.

I once started writing a short story set in a world simmilar to the KR one (Germany won the Weltkrieg, new war erupts on Turkey-dominated Caucasus), but well... I discovered KR and completely forgot about my ideas ^^'

Is there any "threw out the japanese from the mainland" event for the Qing? After you've annexed Fengtien, that is. Like in vanilla, there is "the setting sun" that cedes all the mainland plus Taiwan to you, as well as makes Korea a Chinese puppet. Is there anything like that?

At loading save each time he throws out to windows. The announcement is so: (unknown gouvernment position in scenario file (minister) 'position= tag' line = 224059 file= scenarios/save game

At loading save each time he throws out to windows. The announcement is so: (unknown gouvernment position in scenario file (minister) 'position= tag' line = 224059 file= scenarios/save game

I'm having this exact same problem. Rather annoying, as I'm hoping for a long Japanese game..