• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
therev said:
Sorry to bother you all again.... but..... I have downloaded and redownloqaded the mod, I have followed instructions (I think) several times. I actually have found the little mod changer dohicky very useful for all the other mods I like to play now and then. I cannot get your Mod to work. Maybe I'm missing somethhing. When it says the start game using Kaisereich does that mean in the list of campaigns on the left hand side of the start screen? If so, I have done that - but still all I get are a change in names and some brilliant flags. Please believe me when I say, I have tried valiantly to follow your instructions - I must have missed something. Help!!!!!

Yeah load the game with vanilla launcher and the mod installed, then scroll down the list of scenarios until you get to Kaiserreich. In fact.. we might as well tell the mod installer to delete the other scenarios...

Just to update. Yes I found the Kaiserreich scenario. I think it would be a good idea to get the mod installer to delete the other scenarios. Enough said.

Now to your wonderful Mod! Gobsmackingly brilliant! I played out the American Civil wars and had just finished lowering my dissent when the game crashed. circa September 1938.

The amount of detail and interesting world events plus very busy trading made for a great experience. I will attempt to pick up the game from my last save - I hope it works.

Well done Mod team - excellent work!

therev said:
Just to update. Yes I found the Kaiserreich scenario. I think it would be a good idea to get the mod installer to delete the other scenarios. Enough said.

Now to your wonderful Mod! Gobsmackingly brilliant! I played out the American Civil wars and had just finished lowering my dissent when the game crashed. circa September 1938.

The amount of detail and interesting world events plus very busy trading made for a great experience. I will attempt to pick up the game from my last save - I hope it works.

Join the team at our forums, we're always looking for enthusiastic people to do not a lot (like me) ;)

therev said:

:D Glad the mod is working and enjoyed, even in its currently unfinished state!

What had happened in the game around the time of the crash? There still seems to be a crash-bug lurking around 1938 (probably something to do with the American Civil War events...), but I'm still not sure what exactly would be causing it!

I had just autosaved September 1938. I was checking on some divisions IIRC when darkness covered the earth. :lol:

I have since reloaded and am now in 1944. I have done little as US (other than to declare war on Germany - a spent force with isolated VPs around the world - just to release my peace time IC) Rather, I have been watching the events unfold around the world. And what a fascinating world it is.

I have observed that from about 1942 there seems to be little in the way of scripted events for any nation (certainly none for US from c.1939?). In my game this is not a problem as the Wars that started have caused major mayhem and interaction. But Russia is a sleeping bear (maybe through choices with events?) Kurdestan is the beast to watch as it continues to gobble little states and now challenges France to the west and Japan to the East.

I am hesitant about what European Nation to choose in my next game - any suggestions?

I think he ment either Kasahstan or Turkestan (is that what they're called?)

anti-commi said:
kurdestan, they don't exist in this mod right, kurdestan, do you mean the ones that are in iraq, turkey, and iran
I cant recall without reloading the game (1947 - battles rage across the European and Asian Theatres. the country I mean is a rather vibrant lightish greenthey have taken out numerous little countries including Persia?

therev said:
I cant recall without reloading the game (1947 - battles rage across the European and Asian Theatres. the country I mean is a rather vibrant lightish greenthey have taken out numerous little countries including Persia?
Turkestan then. They have events to "restore the Caliphate" and usually end up taking over Kalash Orod (the blue country above them) and Siankiang by event and Persia by war. They will also sometimes declare war on Russia (through event) at which point they usually die.

therev said:
I have observed that from about 1942 there seems to be little in the way of scripted events for any nation (certainly none for US from c.1939?). In my game this is not a problem as the Wars that started have caused major mayhem and interaction. But Russia is a sleeping bear (maybe through choices with events?) Kurdestan is the beast to watch as it continues to gobble little states and now challenges France to the west and Japan to the East.

I am hesitant about what European Nation to choose in my next game - any suggestions?

Yeah the event chains aren't in place yet for the long haul :) And I would try maybe France or Russia (Russia's events are in fact almost all in place as they've been transfered over from ATR).

tombom said:
Turkestan then. They have events to "restore the Caliphate" and usually end up taking over Kalash Orod (the blue country above them) and Siankiang by event and Persia by war. They will also sometimes declare war on Russia (through event) at which point they usually die.
you mean kazakstan

therev said:

:confused: - Raging battles in Europe in 1947?!?!?

Very interesting and exceeding all expectations - who is fighting?

Sarmatia1871 said:
:confused: - Raging battles in Europe in 1947?!?!?

Very interesting and exceeding all expectations - who is fighting?

Whats left of the Germans and allies. There are holdouts squeezed up against Russia. France by now seems more like a cat playing with a mortally wounded mouse. But sometimes the mouse roars and Germany has a in the past 3 years done three landings on the European West coast (weird to see D-Day in reverse). These have been taken out by Britain leaving what has been a very greyish bnlue landscape pocked with red! Japan has taken out all of Germany's asian and island holdings bar the little island just above Guam. Germany's IC is little more than token now - but her allies still fight on!

I declared on Canada et.al. just for the heck of it - they were just sitting on their hands.

The USA regularly (and I mean every year at least) gets a 3-5% dissent hit from workers strike, hero's criticism of the war,policy challenges. SOme of them you cannot chose a negative dissent hit... bummer!

I figured that - In fact I thought it fitted well with a country that had a three way civil war. I would have liked to see some events which covered the various factions courting the winner, The optential for the US stife is great! One little thought about the Carribean Federation - one VP in South America and hardly any IC - probably treu enough to life - but as of now, they only provide colour - maybe some offmap IC - 10? would beef them up and give them a sting. I've noticed that with a few of the very small countries - poor ministers and small IC gives them nothing to play around with.

Will this mod ever move to Doomsday? It looks extremely interesting but I don't have HOI2 Vanilla. :( I especially want to play the Russian situation that you imported from the other mod of yours...

There have been reports of Kaiserreich being switched over to Doomsday, yet the AI won't use the spies. Be patient, there will be releases of Kaiserreich in DD, i am sure!