• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've been playing KR 1.0 nonstop for the last two weeks and I've been having a blast. Great atmosphere and initial setup.

I have some comments/suggestions.

-the post 1940 game is really sparse. Given that the game can run until 1964 it'd be nice to see something going on. Events for the reunification of partitioned countries (Wales/Scotland/England -> Great Britain), Entente v. Mitteleuropa, or a possible German civil war would be really cool.

-Some of the post war events are missing options. If you win as Germany versus the Syndicalists you have plenty of options for France, but less for Sicily and England. It'd be nice to give the British Isles back to the exlied monarchy or have the Italian Federation buy sections of souther Italy back from you.

-Are there any plans to include extra technologies for games running past the 1940s?

- Delhi always seems to dominate India in my games. Is this intentional or are there plans to rebalance that part of the game?

Again, awesome mod and thanks to all the folks who've helped make it. I look forward to the next release.

One final thing though, any tips on retaking mainland France when playing as National France? CoF is a beast in most of my games.

I've been playing KR 1.0 nonstop for the last two weeks and I've been having a blast. Great atmosphere and initial setup.

I have some comments/suggestions.

-the post 1940 game is really sparse. Given that the game can run until 1964 it'd be nice to see something going on. Events for the reunification of partitioned countries (Wales/Scotland/England -> Great Britain), Entente v. Mitteleuropa, or a possible German civil war would be really cool.

-Some of the post war events are missing options. If you win as Germany versus the Syndicalists you have plenty of options for France, but less for Sicily and England. It'd be nice to give the British Isles back to the exlied monarchy or have the Italian Federation buy sections of souther Italy back from you.

-Are there any plans to include extra technologies for games running past the 1940s?

- Delhi always seems to dominate India in my games. Is this intentional or are there plans to rebalance that part of the game?

Again, awesome mod and thanks to all the folks who've helped make it. I look forward to the next release.

One final thing though, any tips on retaking mainland France when playing as National France? CoF is a beast in most of my games.

I think there are aspirations for more post-1940 events but that will happen after the current series of improvements (see the Kaiserreich forum for more details on what those include.) The hard part about the later game is that there are so many possible avenues that event-writing becomes more difficult as you have to compensate for more contingencies. However, I agree that there is a multitude of potential for improvement in this area.

As for Delhi dominating, they're the only Indian faction part of a major alliance. I think I have seen Bengal win before by joining the Syndies, but I think it's flat-out impossible to win as the Princely Federation. Playing as the PF, I was able to join the German alliance which helped with air support, but I still got beaten after multiple attempts.

I'm not sure if this needs to be rebalanced or not; the Entente really needs all the strength it can get because it's the weakest of the main three factions. Maybe an event where Bengal joins the Syndies would delightfully complicate the scenario, but that would lead to a premature war between the major alliances, which is probably not desirable.

I believe there were talks of a completely new tech tree with zeppelins and trains and stuff.

So there's your answer on extra techs mw1776.

And about the French. I know Germany can give CoF back to National France after they annex it, and I'm pretty sure events for National France getting back France by itself were included a long time ago. Along with the Canada/UoB events.

Does the USA still get it's gearing events? I have reunited the usa all the way to Peru :D, and have been sitting at peace while the syndies fight Germany. Will I get my gearing events?

And about the French. I know Germany can give CoF back to National France after they annex it, and I'm pretty sure events for National France getting back France by itself were included a long time ago. Along with the Canada/UoB events.

I thought so but they haven't fired for me yet. I wonder if it's because Germany owns a couple of French provinces from their war with the CoF.

that could do it. the event probably states that france must own a list of province id's. if you don't own even one of these it will prevent the event from firing. looks like you have to take the fight to germany. Do you have cores on the provinces that germany owns?

So without any major bug or complaint reported, I hereby release the offical

The Frontpage will be updated, I already contacted Sarmatia about it!

For those who downloaded the last Pre-release, you don't have to download this file again since it is the same file as before!

Also I would like to make state my official retirement as General-Secretary of Kaiserreich! It has been a blast this last year and Kaiserreich was a very fun experience for myself.

So I hope that some teammember or paradox forumite will take up the mantle for General-Secretary and develop this mod further! Like in the past when Kibbles, Akira, AC, Andromedos and others have taken up the leadership for Kaiserreich and created this massive and popular mod for Hearts of Iron!

So without further ado and with the official release of Kaiserreich 1.1, I Zauberfloete hereby resign as General Secretary of Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg!

Cheers Zauberfloete!

Wait... it's the same as the previous pre-release?

Could you provide us with a rough changelog because I hardly noticed any difference between that version and the previous version.
I was expecting 1.1 to include more leaders for many nations.

I think I may have got it to work by manually moving everything out of its folders and directly into the respective files. The problem is I get a message saying something about an excel error. Has anyone else had this problem and how do I fix it. If this does not work, I am simply going to uninstall this from my computer and wait until I get Armageddon to try and download the mod

Wait... it's the same as the previous pre-release?

Could you provide us with a rough changelog because I hardly noticed any difference between that version and the previous version.
I was expecting 1.1 to include more leaders for many nations.

Same as the pre-release, which was only to test if all goes well. And I haven't got the time to do all the suggestions or implement them, which involves lots of testing and time, which I didn't and don't have! So yes this official release is the same as the pre-release!

I'm in the midst of completing the remaining American Civil War icons but I've come to a problem. In designing the ensign for the American Union State (America First Party) I've created 4 different designs which I all like. So I'm going to post them here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6O5LNZ50. I know its a hassle but could you all quickly download them and tell me what you think? I'm personally leaning more towards option B right now. Your thoughts?

I will have a look as soon as I'm on my own computer.
By the way, will you make some icon pack for all Kaiserreich nations? :p

Same as the pre-release, which was only to test if all goes well. And I haven't got the time to do all the suggestions or implement them, which involves lots of testing and time, which I didn't and don't have! So yes this official release is the same as the pre-release!

Aah I guess I misinterpreted. Obviously you weren't going to implement everything, but I thought you meant you were about to release MAJOR changes to KR in 1.1 and weren't going to do any more AFTER that.

Honestly I'm not detecting very many changes at all from 1.0.

There are war reparations for France and Germany, austria/danube federation takes a 20% industrial efficiency hit after unifying, and there are some more Russian foreign events. Other than that I hardly notice a difference. Am I missing something? Thank you for your work anyhow.

Last edited:
Aah I guess I misinterpreted. Obviously you weren't going to implement everything, but I thought you meant you were about to release MAJOR changes to KR in 1.1 and weren't going to do any more AFTER that.

Honestly I'm not detecting very many changes at all from 1.0.

There are war reparations for France and Germany, austria/danube federation takes a 20% industrial efficiency hit after unifying, and there are some more Russian foreign events. Other than that I hardly notice a difference. Am I missing something?

I never said there will be big changes! I suggest you to give your suggestions to the next leadership for this mod. I for one am leaving Kaiserreich modding for good.