• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Zuckergußgebäck said:
I´d say that is because those Austro-hungarian nations are under Hungarian sovereignity rather than Austrian.

:D - ...or because I forgot to change them!

As I'm personally not too concerned either way about these country names, I'll gladly take suggestions from the multitude!

Sarmatia1871 said:
Actually, good point - 'Böhmen' would be a bit horrible if you're Czech - may need to be changed! 'Kingdom of Bohemia' would be the most likely rendering in English, but anything else you'd suggest?

I think that "Kingdom of Bohemia' is better than "Czech lands". So I vote for "Kingdom of Bohemia". :p

Sarmatia1871 said:
The way Bohemia's gone in the Kaiserreich timeline, is that the stresses in the post-war period have meant it's been granted a considerable amount of autonomy within the Austrian half of the Dual Monarchy and has a greatly strengthened Diet. So, the Czechs are probably going to see this position as the best possible solution at the present, as they would have some level of self-determination, and the alternative would basically be being swallowed up by Germany.

You're right - be a part of Austrian monarchy as an autonomy state is best solution. But I think that there must be some independent-prefering politics and fractions!

Sarmatia1871 said:
However, if Austria pushes at the Ausgleich, and starts demanding land, then the Czechs do get a very definite chance to make a bid for independence, and because they've got a good army and lots of industry, they stand a reasonable chance of winning, particularly if Hungary is causing trouble as well.

Ok.

Sarmatia1871 said:
The problem with 'calling for Slavic help' would be that there isn't really much that can be found - Russia is a bit of mess for the first few years, and the other Slavonic states are quite heavily under German influence. However, I was thinking that an independant or strong Bohemia would be the obvious centre for a Westernised Pan-Slavic movement, so any good leaders for this sort of path would be greatly appreciated! Also, a Bohemia-Austria war could quickly develop into a Slavicist version of the Spanish Civil War, with volunteers turning up from the Slavonic countries to help the bid for national independence....

Wow, Czechs can lead the Slavonic revolution? Great! :) That'll be nice and funny...

Sarmatia1871 said:
Another thing I wanted to model with regard to Bohemia would be the tensions between the ethnic Germans and Czechs - if I remember, this was a major point of contention before the war, with both sides constantly arguing over language rights in the Kingdom (to the extent that the Germans actually started feeling disenfranchised!). So some events along these lines would be good as well...

May I try to write some?

Zuckergußgebäck said:
I´d say changing it would be rather silly, as that would mean that we would have to change the german puppet states into English aswell. Since Böhmen is under Austrian domination, it would probably be called Böhmen.

I don't think so. If Czechs have autonomy, the official language must be CZECH. So name can be "Kralovstvi Ceske", but it's in Czech language and no one can understand it :rofl: So best solution is name "Kingdom of Bohemia" or "Bohemia".

I recently played a satisfying game as Serbia, or rather the Belgrade Pact. First we whooped Bulgaria, then Ottomans, and then we brought Bohemia into the alliance.

Bohemia had been in war with Austria since Ausgleich and Poland had joined the fun after they got Gal-Lodomiria.

We kicked the Donaumonarkie out of existence. Hungarians had earlier on quit.

Now the magyars are surrounded by the iron ring of belgrade pact... :D

Magic of acceptall did play it's part though, especially in getting peace out of Ottomans and making sensible land reorganization...

trezza_cz said:
J'accepte :p Bohemia is the best solution

Yeah, English names are the most 'neutral', I suppose!

Feel free to write whatever events you want - these are always appreciated, and something can generally be done with them.

Also, New Version (0.4) of 'All the Russias' is now out - go download here:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5112033#post5112033

It is playable, with bugs crushed (hopefully!), new AIs, new ministers, and a bit of a new path for Russia. Also, new music, loadscreens, FAQ, etc....

CCurio said:
I recently played a satisfying game as Serbia, or rather the Belgrade Pact. First we whooped Bulgaria, then Ottomans, and then we brought Bohemia into the alliance.

Bohemia had been in war with Austria since Ausgleich and Poland had joined the fun after they got Gal-Lodomiria.

We kicked the Donaumonarkie out of existence. Hungarians had earlier on quit.

Now the magyars are surrounded by the iron ring of belgrade pact... :D

Magic of acceptall did play it's part though, especially in getting peace out of Ottomans and making sensible land reorganization...

That is good! Now things have to be arranged so the AI has the capacity to pull off something similar, if conditions are right!

Speaking of which, how many people have actually seen a war between Bulgaria and the Balkan Pact (Greece, Romania and Serbia)? These were firing pretty well until the day before I released the last Alpha, but seem much rarer in the games I've been running recently. So I'm guessing that I may have edited out something crucial!

Sarmatia1871 said:
Speaking of which, how many people have actually seen a war between Bulgaria and the Balkan Pact (Greece, Romania and Serbia)? These were firing pretty well until the day before I released the last Alpha, but seem much rarer in the games I've been running recently. So I'm guessing that I may have edited out something crucial!
*raises hand*

In the first Serbia game I allowed the alliance but it was Romania who hit the Bulgarians with the DOW as they had been left without a protector. :)

Oh yeah, in the game I have a serbian enclave in ares that were once belonging to Galizia-Lodomiria...I think the area belonged to Poland in OTL so perhaps they could get cores...? :)

Same goes with Austria and Trento.

Serbian Italy... :rofl:

Sarmatia1871 said:
Yeah, English names are the most 'neutral', I suppose!

Feel free to write whatever events you want - these are always appreciated, and something can generally be done with them.

Also, New Version (0.4) of 'All the Russias' is now out - go download here:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5112033#post5112033

It is playable, with bugs crushed (hopefully!), new AIs, new ministers, and a bit of a new path for Russia. Also, new music, loadscreens, FAQ, etc....

What's the "All the Russias"?

Hmmm, Sarmy, what did you have in mind for the next alpha? Will the Japanese Empire be there? Indochina (as underground movement)? Senussi?

Hmmm, if I have to inspiration I might pick the provinces for Japanese Empire tonight, unless you have done it...

trezza_cz said:
What's the "All the Russias"?

It is my first HOI2 mod, which allows you to play as a non-Soviet Russia (or one of a variety of former Imperial breakaway states) in a revamped version of the vanilla 1936 campaign. More or less everything from it is also included as the Russian setup in Kaiserreich (which is the reason why that part is much more developed than the rest of the world!).

The whole description for the backstory is on the first page of the thread (link is also in my .sig).

EDIT: ....and as I'm sure many more people see this thread than the 'All the Russias' one, here is all the info about version 4.0 -

#############################
##### ALL THE RUSSIAS
##### Version 0.4

load8007qw.jpg

To download, follow the link: http://rapidshare.de/files/14761186/All_The_Russias_4.0.zip.html (57.80MB)​
Greetings to all! Here is the long-awaited fourth version of ‘All the Russias’. This is possibly as close to a ‘complete’ version as is going to be released, incorporating several months of feedback, so play and give further comments. Any new updates (eg. Panslavism, moving vs. Turkey) are likely to be ported over later once they’re done for Kaiserreich.

Slight change to the installation, as everything is packaged inside the JSGME utility. To use, extract these files into your HOI2 directory (with HOI2 patched to 1.3b), load up the application, select 'All the Russias 4.0' from the list, and move it across by clicking the ‘>’ button. The next time you run the game, all the mod and scenario files will be active. Reverse this process to deactivate the files, and return to the vanilla game.

----------
Version 4.0 Changes
----------

SETUP CHANGES
* Irritating error message on loadup removed - Eternal gratitude for Hammerfalls for this!
* New and improved 1.3 style AIs for all countries
* Gave the Kazakh Republic some VPs in the North – this changes the dynamics of the Central Asian wars considerably!
* Several new Russian, Kazakh and Turkestani Ministers, and a couple of new pictures for others.
* Poland beefed up– eternal gratitude to the people at the II Rep Mod for letting me use their tech-teams and leaders (Everyone is ordered to go here and download it: http://www.2rpmod.lewel.pl/index6.php !)
* Duplicate Russian Generals have been liquidated (thanks to Zephyr 3 for finding them).
* Transamur provinces now produce more resources.

EVENT CHANGES/FIXES
* ‘The Fourth Option’ -> A whole new domestic policy choice: Lead the reactionaries and blackguards of the old nobility as they attempt to reassert control, and put their weak-willed pawn, Grand Duke Dmitri Pavlovich, on the throne!
* Changes to Russian HoS and HoG will now also result in minister replacements.
* Russian minors no longer get the AI resource/production bump events, so their IC is more in line with vanilla minors (These will be restored though if there is an uproar!).
* A reformed Soviet Union is now a different shape.
* Russian belligerence from events has been toned down a bit
* Turkestan now gets fewer cores, but follows same general path of expansion (AI Turkestan will also now make friends…).
* AI Russia now more likely to start wars in Mongolia and elsewhere.
* Ugly war in the Caucasus events removed – the states should hopefully start fighting through their AIs now…
* Numerous horrible typos in the events have been corrected
* All too numerous bug-fixes and tweaks

COSMETIC CHANGES
* All new Music!!!! Now over three hours of Russian/Soviet/Orthodox music, so you won’t go mad with the former limited selection (Again, if you’re playing Poland, support the II Rep People by downloading their brilliant Polish music pack here: http://www.2rpmod.lewel.pl/index6.php )
* All new load-screens – minimalist-ish, based on pictures by Kuindzhi.
* Skins for Transamur, Mongolia, and Georgia– by T-Hiddemen
* New flags for Turkestan, Mongolia, and Transamur - also by T-Hiddemen
* New city pictures for Moscow and Vladivostok (from TurnerBenton’s pack).

KNOWN ISSUES
* Some Polish and Russia minor armies still in Russian -> Big job to change which will have no real gameplay impact, so being left for later.
* Some of the counters don't match the new flags. Also, some of the event pictures aren't the most appropriate. A prize will go to who-ever fixes this.

Last edited:
CCurio said:
Hmmm, Sarmy, what did you have in mind for the next alpha? Will the Japanese Empire be there? Indochina (as underground movement)? Senussi?

Hmmm, if I have to inspiration I might pick the provinces for Japanese Empire tonight, unless you have done it...

All three could probably be added to the basic map setup -> But probably no events or ministers yet, unless people can locate them!

For Japanese Imperial/military provinces, I was thinking just giving them pretty much anywhere which isn't part of the main Japanese islands -> So, Pacific possessions, Korea, Manchuria, Taiwan and maybe Sakhalin...

Sarmatia1871 said:
For Japanese Imperial/military provinces, I was thinking just giving them pretty much anywhere which isn't part of the main Japanese islands -> So, Pacific possessions, Korea, Manchuria, Taiwan and maybe Sakhalin...
I think that Sakhalin could stay japanese. Anyway, I think I will tonight pick up the ID's of those provinces for the Japanese Empire. :)

I've been reading Corto Maltese recently.... And it got me thinking.... So I know they poisoned him, stabbed him, shot him and threw him in the river, but that doesen't mean he's *dead* does it? :p

So shouldn't
rasputin%20blessing%20pose2.jpg

This guy make an appearance? :p

Sarmatia1871 said:

I have seen that in my last game, however, a quick peace was arranged, and bulgaria is a mere rump state. serbia etc. even had a belligerence of 42.

Okay, provinces for Empire of Japan:

Komanderskiye Island:
Taiwan and nearby islands:
Pacific:
Korea:
Manchuria:

Hmmmm, what are the unused tags? Are there any of those U-tags left?

I wanna try if I can make the file myself, but don't hold your breath! :rofl:

Arilou said:
I've been reading Corto Maltese recently.... And it got me thinking.... So I know they poisoned him, stabbed him, shot him and threw him in the river, but that doesen't mean he's *dead* does it? :p

So shouldn't

this is rasputin, isn't it?

EDIT: LOL, shuold just have saved the pic and look for the title... ^^

Oh yeah, as an event idea for Empire/Japan tensions.

Empire of Japan wants to build a line of forts in the sino-manchurian border. The "problem"? German-controlled Tangshan makes the line less "optimal" than it could be. And Germany is suffering from economic troubles anyway...and we need to expand, and... ;)

EoJ has three choices
- Push for the line and capture of Tangshan
- Request merely construction of the line
- Forget the whole thing

Japan can respond in three ways
- Allow only the construction of the line (-15 relations with EoJ)
- Try to get Tangshan through peaceful means (German event)
- OK a suprise attack against German holdings in the pacific
- Tell EoJ not to build the line (-25 relations with EoJ)

If EoJ gets a negative answer for invading German holdings
- Let it be and construct the line (+1 landfort in the sino-EoJ border)
- Launch the attack anyway (war with Germany)

If EoJ gets a negative for building the line
- Build it anyway (+6 dissent, -25 relations with Japan)
- Launch attack against Germany
- Forget it

If war with Germany happens through EoJ rogue attack...

EoJ gets to appeal for the unity of Japan and Japan can submit and get annexed by EoJ.

Japan will declare EoJ as rogues and demand that EoJ returns to the fold, appealing for the unity of nation and lawfulness. EoJ can submit if it wants to, getting annexed by Japan.

Germany should be at peace with Japan but at war with EoJ, saying that Japanese colonial holdings have revolted and are free game for the world police...or Germany can just abandon some of their holdings for EoJ! :eek:

Arilou said:

So shouldn't

Funny you should mention him, as his assassins have just been made into potential Russian ministers!

:D - Keeping him alive may be a bit too 'Psychedelic 6th Reich' though...

Gen.Schuermann said:
I have seen that in my last game, however, a quick peace was arranged, and bulgaria is a mere rump state. serbia etc. even had a belligerence of 42.

Interesting - the AI in 1.3 seems much better at arranging peace treaties, so I'm not too surprised with this (I'm not sure if I want to give all Belgrade Pact members 'ferocity'...). With the way I remember things worked out previously, Bulgaria only completely disappears if all three Balkan powers are attacking it...