• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Why not yes for both? After all, in 2 years or so, HoI3 will likely be more able to fulfill the full range of actions possible.

I agree. One thing that I hate with Hoi3 is that events can't fire on exact dates but that doesn't matter in Kaiserreich. :)

I agree. One thing that I hate with Hoi3 is that events can't fire on exact dates but that doesn't matter in Kaiserreich. :)
What? Sedanday has to be on the same date every year!

What? Sedanday has to be on the same date every year!

That is indeed true. But other events like "Alasce Lorraine or war" could fire at different days in a month every time.

playing as hungary, i annex all of the austrohungarian empire but my ally germany is locked in a stalemate with france. belgium was taken but the germans stopped them at the meuse

Alrighty, first let me say that I've been a long time player of this mod, and I love it with an undying passion.

Beyond that, I have a bit of a problem. I'd gotten in my head to finally do an AAR, but to do that, I need screenies- and because I have Vista, and had downloaded HoI2 DD, and Arma into Program Files, it wouldn't let me get at those files (and yes, I tried all the approaches to circumvent this problem outlined in the Tech Support Thread). So, I uninstalled everything (except for JSGME- should I have gotten rid of that too?), and started over with a clean slate. This is where the real problems started.

Upon re-downloading Kaiserreich Version 1.0 the only files that I get are entirely un-extractable (I'm using Winzip, that's all I got, and that's all I know to use really, probably a n00bish eff-up). Any thoughts on how to hanle this, or what my real problem might be here? Anyone?

Alrighty, first let me say that I've been a long time player of this mod, and I love it with an undying passion.

Beyond that, I have a bit of a problem. I'd gotten in my head to finally do an AAR, but to do that, I need screenies- and because I have Vista, and had downloaded HoI2 DD, and Arma into Program Files, it wouldn't let me get at those files (and yes, I tried all the approaches to circumvent this problem outlined in the Tech Support Thread). So, I uninstalled everything (except for JSGME- should I have gotten rid of that too?), and started over with a clean slate. This is where the real problems started.

Upon re-downloading Kaiserreich Version 1.0 the only files that I get are entirely un-extractable (I'm using Winzip, that's all I got, and that's all I know to use really, probably a n00bish eff-up). Any thoughts on how to hanle this, or what my real problem might be here? Anyone?

Well, you could switch from Winzip to Winrar (if you know how to use winzip, you know how to use winrar). I've never encountered any extracting problems with that program.

With Vista you always have to install games in other folder, never in Program Files, because this folder cannot be modified.

Kaiserreich Update: Well the state of Kaiserreich now is such that I am currently the only one working on it, although only when RL permits. But yes we are waiting for AoD release, but then it'll be some time more until we release a new version.

Anyway I planned to release an updated version of Kaiserreich by Christmas or after it! Which will feature mostly post-war events (which by now are done). So stay tuned ...

Glad to hear that you are still working on the Mod Zauberfloete. Are you still interested in me finishing the improved German Elections I was working on?

I was known as FlyingDutchman at the Kaiserreichforum BTW.

Kaiserreich Update: Well the state of Kaiserreich now is such that I am currently the only one working on it, although only when RL permits. But yes we are waiting for AoD release, but then it'll be some time more until we release a new version.

Anyway I planned to release an updated version of Kaiserreich by Christmas or after it! Which will feature mostly post-war events (which by now are done). So stay tuned ...

Cool!

I will actually have lot's of freetime this Christmas and will be working on some events. Mostely flavour but I will try add something more special too ;)

Been awhile since I tried this mod out so I desided to give it a go again. However, it seems that the number of events that Mexico had before have been removed, there's even a file named removed in the latin event chains. Do Mexico still have a place in the american civil war events, or is it just limited to what the AI or player does now?

Hmm it's a limit I think. But I don't know why they were removed. I liked them.

I'm not very good with computers, but I really want too play the Kaiserreich mod. If someone could help, much appreciated:confused:

What's the exact problem?

Fantastic mod!

Played HoI2 for a few years now and always ignored the mods - had enough fun with the vanilla game tbh. Then saw an AAR of this mod and had to try it.

Installed with no problems and started nice and easy with Germany on normal. There's only three issues that have jumped out at me (I'm sure they've all been reported on one of the previous 300+ pages)
1) The monthly espionage financial costs are show on the tool tip for the main page as UNKNOWN STRING
2) When you view the tool tip on the Production Screen for your consumer production it always shows the revoltrisk adjustment as +0.0%, while the value on the main screen will correctly show it being reduced by whatever amount you are plowing into it (i.e. -0.07%). There are a LOT of events that raise dissent in the early years - though not as many as for the poor US!
3) When the Germans receive their naval production over the first few years, the Tirptiz and the Bismark battleships were Type VI rather than Type IV - which seems a little generous!!

Also had a little issue where the AOG absolutely refused to join the alliance - even at relations +200 and the fact they are a puppet, which seemed a little strange. I joined in a war with them - still no joy. I got around it in the end with my first ever use of F12 acceptall, but although having them in the alliance makes sense to me, I just want to check that this won't break a chain of future events (I've got to mid - 1941 and just puppeted France after they attacked me over Alsace-Lorraine)

Other than that, as the title says - fantastic :D

For my own personal pleasure and because I'm a Russian history buff I completely redid the ministers for Russia and added about 20-25 domestic events. Should I send all of this to someone or just post it somewhere in case people want it?