• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
EMFM said:
It's good to know that whoever did Canada's generals is a fan of Blackadder.

melchetup3.png
Shouldn't it be spelled with two "t"s?

USA won the first time in my first game (Germany), beating AUS and CSA easily, annexing PSA later on, but also easily. In the second game, it was the same result, except that the USA remained at peace with the PSA (I was Canada). In my third game, the CSA annexed the USA and AUS. The USA annexation was through a surrender event, which was implausible in my opinion, since the war was about even. The CSA then declared war on Canada, and it is raging back and forth, but I think the CSA will win soon.

I think the AUS is too weak (not nearly enough divisions), the CSA, PSA and USA fairly good. Canada could probably use a little more IC.

The USA had Huey Long do all his centralization things which caused the Civil War, which had all the parts split off. USA started very weakened and I thought they were going down under the CSA, but eventually the PSA helped the USA annex the other two. It's 1940 now and the PSA is still independent (Civil War ended 37',38').

Also, is there some sort of "bitter peace" event for the German v. Syndicalist war? As Germany I've taken all of Italy and France (including Corisca/Sardinia), but except for the "Paris has fallen" event, nothing event-happened. I have the Kingdom of Spain allied and they took over some French territories, so could that be preventing it? I'm still at war with UoB, if it has something to do with it.

Honestly would rather not completely annex them, but that's just me. Extremely awesome mod, guys.

USA and PSA allied against AUS and CSA. CSA and AUS made white peace with one another and eventually AUS was defeated. CSA lasted a bit longer, even taking Washington D.C at one point. PSA invaded Florida.

Andromedos said:
Also, it would be great if everybody could give a quich summary of how the American civil war does play out in your games. It's a priority for us to make the conflict as abalanced as possible.
USA got into war with AUS first, soon after that AUS declared war upon CSA and CSA declared war on the USA. After this total war the PSA got independent and stayed out of the civil war (I think that’s a good thing, more realistic than waging a war against its bigger neighbors), funny thing was that they declared war upon the syndicalists in Mexico.
The civil war between the 3 parties lasted pretty long, although it was clear to me (GER) that the AUS were the weakest. eventually the USA was beaten by an event so AUS got Collon during the annexion. The CSA got the whole of America (minus PSA) soon after that but took almost 1 year (!) to take Collon (is it spelled Collon? the Panama canal thing).
Its also interesting that the CSA (victor) did not wage war with PSA or Canada, who took New England from the USA.
Oh and I like the fact that all parties get a piece of the navy, although it's kind of lame that they all get exactly as much ships.

The Spanish civil war was also very nice (although the Catholic north was considerable beaten easier than the anarcho-syndicalists).

Andromedos said:
I'll make a detailed topic about that in the Kaiserforum.

But in a nutshell:

conversion of Kaiserreich to HoI: Armageddon
Expanded war and postwar events for the American factions.
Spanish postwar events
additional japanese events
german domestic events
syndicalist Internationale events
new Weltkrieg events

and other things. As I said, I'll release the detailed planning later in the Kaiserforum. And of course, this is just rough planning, no promises here.

I would like to see a Spain which wants the Philepines and Cuba back (of course only when the Xavier or Alfondso wins, not when the commies win)! :D

Last edited:
Here's my ACW summary.

Military took over by event, a couple months later AUS and CSA were created, PSA came later (PSA never did anything other than almost be defeated by the Mexicans who drove them all the way up to Seattle). The fighting for the first few months was pretty even, each side gained some territory and lost some territory, though the CSA was probably doing the worst. Then, alas the story ends there because I was Canada and decided to ally with the US. I built 12 infantry, split into 2 groups of 9 and rampaged through the CSA and AUS.

first of all i want to say congratualtions, this is an excellent mod! i love all the new countries and the events are just amazing!
i have one question though, i am playing as Canada, i got involved in Iceland and war broke out, i invaded the Home Islands and have annexed the Unionists, now i was wondering is there an event giving me cores back on the Home Islands? after all it is a government in exile returning to their lands, i have the British King and everything...
i noticed there was a similar event for Dehli, when i helped it out, they ended up in control of all of india, and they got cores on it all. but there doesn't appear to be one for Britian?

Demon_son said:
first of all i want to say congratualtions, this is an excellent mod! i love all the new countries and the events are just amazing!
i have one question though, i am playing as Canada, i got involved in Iceland and war broke out, i invaded the Home Islands and have annexed the Unionists, now i was wondering is there an event giving me cores back on the Home Islands? after all it is a government in exile returning to their lands, i have the British King and everything...
i noticed there was a similar event for Dehli, when i helped it out, they ended up in control of all of india, and they got cores on it all. but there doesn't appear to be one for Britian?
There will be Canadian Victory events in later versions. Maybe the next, or the next one after that. There is a u07 tag that is 'the United Kingdom', but it was by mistake removed from the revolt.txt file, along with u08. They will be re-added in the coming hotfix, and then you can at least release the UK.

LordInsane said:
There will be Canadian Victory events in later versions. Maybe the next, or the next one after that. There is a u07 tag that is 'the United Kingdom', but it was by mistake removed from the revolt.txt file, along with u08. They will be re-added in the coming hotfix, and then you can at least release the UK.

i thought it might be something like that! glad to hear its still in the works! as a stopgap i added an event based on the india unification, which give more cores on the home islands, i don't really want to release my "own" lands! :rofl:
great work so far! i am really enjoying it, it has re-sparked my interest in HOI! thanks!

Hey all.

Just letting you know that I am currently beginning to work on a battlescenario for the Spanish Civil War. I was, originally, going to do one for the American Civil War, but I feel that that is too ambitious of a project for me right now.

Ok, well, I have the start date being May 15th, 1937, which is the date where, if the Kingdom of Spain follows event lines suppressing Carlist Spain and the CNT-FAI, both will split off.

However, I want to know what you guys think should be the end date. I was thinking maybe May 15th, 1941, for a four year war.

EDIT: Also, if anyone could link me to a battlescenario tutorial, I would much appreciate it. I am getting a lot from looking at the pre-made battlescenario files, but I still need some help.

Last edited:
Are there any events for Germany in restoring their economy from the crash at the beginning? I've finished the war with the Syndicalists, and as soon as that happens the IC drops right back into the red.

Everybody, thank you for your ACW reports. Keep'em coming, along with further bugs you found and other issues!

That's not what the "W" stands for.

Hmm, how did I get a "West" out of your "W"...? Maybe I've been reading too much Lovecraft...

Also, is there some sort of "bitter peace" event for the German v. Syndicalist war? As Germany I've taken all of Italy and France (including Corisca/Sardinia), but except for the "Paris has fallen" event, nothing event-happened. I have the Kingdom of Spain allied and they took over some French territories, so could that be preventing it? I'm still at war with UoB, if it has something to do with it.

Thanks your your support! :cool:
There are events for Germany to set up a french puppet nation, but unfortunately there was a screwup with the revolt file, so the nation can't be released. I'll bring out a hotfix for that and other bugs in a while, but might have to add events for the kingdom of Spain, sinc that possibility is not included in the events.

[...]i am really enjoying it, it has re-sparked my interest in HOI! thanks!

Thank you very much. :cool:

The Canadian conquest of Britain will be further worked upon. It's quite a tricky issue, which has to determine not only the status of Britainitself and it's people, but also of the now very powerful Canada, which might not be interested anymore into receiving orders from London.

Zombieslayer, I'll look forward to see what you will come up with. I've tried myself to make a SCW scenario, but did not finish it because a rework of the SCW events was needed first. If you need a tutorial, try the HoI wiki, go
Here

Last edited:
Bug I found, not sure if it has been reported yet:

event = {
id = 830002
country = CAN
picture = "EdwardVIII2"
style = 0

name = "The Heir Apparent"
desc = "EVT_830002_DESC"

date = { day = 30 month = january year = 1936 }

action_a = {
ai_chance = 30
name = "The Prince sides with Bennett and the Exiles"
command = { type = domestic which = political_left value = -1 }
command = { type = domestic which = democratic value = -1 }
command = { type = domestic which = defense_lobby value = -1 }
command = { type = trigger which = 830003 }
}
action_b = {
ai_chance = 30
name = "The Prince listens to his elected privy councilors"
command = { type = domestic which = democratic value = 2 }
command = { type = domestic which = defense_lobby value = 1 }
command = { type = trigger which = 830004 }
}
action_c = {
ai_chance = 30
name = "The Prince decides to side with the Prime Minister, but retains the right to withdraw his support at any time" #I have a feeling this ones too long too.
command = { type = domestic which = defense_lobby value = 1 }
command = { type = trigger which = 830005 }
}
action_d = {
ai_chance = 10
name = "The Prince decides that it痴 best not to commit to either side, just yet・
command = { type = trigger which = 830006 }
}
}

The first decision increases your Dove, while the second increases your Hawk. Obviously, it should be the reverse.