• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just download and installed this mod for the first time and it looks really good.

Thank you very much! :cool:

I noticed thet the German militia divisions are named 'Volksgrenadier-Division', wouldn't 'Landwehr-Division' or 'Landesschützen-Divsion' be a better name for units of the Kaiserreich ? EDIT BTW I see there is a small typo in the German minister-file, Manfred von Richthofen last name is spelled Richtofen. Minister ID = 273 and 274

Thank you, I'll correct it.

so how done is the latest version? Will there be a world-wide war if I doN't do anything just by events or should I cause it by creating alliances?

It will still take some time, I'm sorry. The team is busy with real-life matters as well, but progress is still being made.
If anybody wants to give us a hand, you're more than welcome.

i'm waiting for the world war to start in mine, its now 1941...
Not every game there's a big worldwar. Sometimes the events just do not play out right currently.

On another note, Ireland was officially known as Eire until Britain recognised the status of the Republic - perhaps without this hindrance a more romantic Green Isle under Collins (something underexplored in the current events in my opinion, but I'm fully aware priorities are priorities) could be called Eire still, especially considering its united nature post collapse of the United Kingdom.

I like it, sounds good.

Love the mod, by the way - I love Alternate History and you guys have made a beautifully rich world where practically every country has something new to do. Keep it up, can't wait for Beta V.
Thank you very much, we'll do our best!

British flag...
I see you point there. If somebody makes a new flag for the UoB, ready to put it ingame, I can try it out.
On your design, I'd prefer if the British flag was a bit smaller, and the Syndicalist Symbol more prominent.

What's the situation for the Unification events? Like for the Entente if Canada takes mainland France and you have to give it the entire land to them to Nationalist France. Is there an event where it gives your allies their supposive cores? As in Canada through event gives all the mainland France they squired to Nationalist France or to Delhi in respect to India?
The events for France are being worked on. Delhi and India not yet, if I remember correctly.

I'll see what I can do tonight re: tweaking my British flag - would be honoured if something of mine went into the mod! Also glad you like the Eire idea, I just feel it would make Ireland a little more different to its OTL counterpart - once I've got some more free time I'm tempted to pick up event modding and see if I can't offer some help for Eire and the UoB.

Andromedos said:
Thank you very much! :cool:

EDIT BTW I see there is a small typo in the German minister-file, Manfred von Richthofen last name is spelled Richtofen. Minister ID = 273 and 274

Thank you, I'll correct it.

His name is also misspelled as a tech-team (id 23)

:)

Well, after much fiddling and finding old tutorials buried on the internet, I've managed to make my flag into a HoI2 compatible (although Vickie styled - anyone got a HoI2 filter?) one. Just tried them out, the Shield works perfectly and the Flag has a very slight green haze of about a pixel in size around certain bits. I daresay it's something the experienced guys at Kaiserreich have dealt with with their eyes shut but regardless, here's my two pics for your enjoyment/berating:

Andromedos: I shifted cog to be more prominent and larger, and now the flag is a little smaller. I can post the raw file should you require it in any way.

(also, please don't think I'm forcing this on you guys or suddenly expecting this flag to make it into the mod - I really am doing this for my own enjoyment and interest, and am simply happy to help this great mod in any way that I can, should it require it. And besides, I can just mod the flag into my own installation if I want ;) )

Meadow said:
Well, after much fiddling and finding old tutorials buried on the internet, I've managed to make my flag into a HoI2 compatible (although Vickie styled - anyone got a HoI2 filter?) one. Just tried them out, the Shield works perfectly and the Flag has a very slight green haze of about a pixel in size around certain bits. I daresay it's something the experienced guys at Kaiserreich have dealt with with their eyes shut but regardless, here's my two pics for your enjoyment/berating:

Andromedos: I shifted cog to be more prominent and larger, and now the flag is a little smaller. I can post the raw file should you require it in any way.

(also, please don't think I'm forcing this on you guys or suddenly expecting this flag to make it into the mod - I really am doing this for my own enjoyment and interest, and am simply happy to help this great mod in any way that I can, should it require it. And besides, I can just mod the flag into my own installation if I want ;) )

Would you be kind enough to send me a greater version of this flag by PM? It could be useful for the Kaiserpedia.

Masked Pickle said:
Would you be kind enough to send me a greater version of this flag by PM? It could be useful for the Kaiserpedia.

By all means, let me boot back into Mac and I'll send it over. I wouldn't go acting like it's official, though.

Also, on the Eire/Ireland question - further discussion with Irish folk has led me to the conclusion that Eire, while the traditional Gaellic name for the island known as 'Ireland', it had been thoroughly tainted by its association with the Free State and as the slightly poncy British name for Ireland when they wanted to avoid calling it that. Thus, unless in the KR timeline the Irish War of Independence and Civil War did not happen, it would actually be unlikely for Collins and o'Duffy to get away with calling the emerald isle 'Eire' officially. However had it not been so recently tainted, o'Duffy might well have had a go at having some OTL Nazi-style Gaellic revival stuff and used the old name.

In short: it's your call. ;)

The flag looks good, Meadow, but I have to see how it works ingame before I can make a final decision. Unfortunately I can't test it right now, since I have a very busy workscedule right now. I'll get back to you in a few days, alright?
And it would be great if you'd like to join our effort full-time! You can visit our forum, and have a look around at what's currently done for Britain (Johnny Cannuck is working on a a series of events for a Canadian victory over the UoB, for example.)

And speaking of flags and the Kaiserwiki, Masked Pickle and AC have written many great new articles. Check them out, everybody!

Thanks for your replies about the music.

However I cannot seem to find the music used in the begining of the title area and main menu , can anybody provide me with the name and a link to it please? thanks!

twcAxeman said:
Thanks for your replies about the music.

However I cannot seem to find the music used in the begining of the title area and main menu , can anybody provide me with the name and a link to it please? thanks!
That would be "Die Wacht am Rhein". The music file of the song is in the music folder.

I don't know how usefull this might be for you guys, but the French AI in my AAR game went nuts. After a couple of good months, kicking Weissrussien arse and helping me (UoB) fight off a massive Austria, they suddently decided all their troops should be stationed in the provinces bordering the Swiss, and so retreated on every single front :wacko:

th3freakie said:
I don't know how usefull this might be for you guys, but the French AI in my AAR game went nuts. After a couple of good months, kicking Weissrussien arse and helping me (UoB) fight off a massive Austria, they suddently decided all their troops should be stationed in the provinces bordering the Swiss, and so retreated on every single front :wacko:

Did this change in behaviour coincide with any peace deals or new wars France was involved in? IIRC, there are some AI events that changes France's focus depending on who it is at war with.

i havent seen anything like that, but i would say that the ai... isnt the best. i am playing the version before the latest one, so its probably not as good as the latest, but the war between germany and the syndicalists is at a complete standstill now that france has belgium. the syndicalists DoWed denmark but havent invaded them, and canada DoWed the syndicalists but havent actually done anything. not that it affects me badly.. as russia i welcome a stalemate.

After reading through the wiki, some of the .txt files, and the general introduction here in this forum, I've become really excited to play this mod.

However, after attempting to do so, I've found that I can get to the Kaiserreich scenario no problem, and can select a country. However, when I hit play, the game crashes to desktop while loading at "reading scenario".

I don't have the time to go reading through 101 pages of responses looking to find if anyone else has had this problem, so sorry if this is a repeat of an already mentioned problem. How exactly do I fix this problem so I can play what is, by all appearances, an amazing mod?

I'm using Kaiserreich Beta IV. Also, I'm using a Mac, if that makes any difference.

Last edited:
Could you be a little more specific? First of all, are you using the newest version of Doomsday and are there any error messages when you load the scenario?

I allways wondered, why did Portugal keep its colonies since it was in war versus Germany in the great war?

My guess is that they were not decisively defeated as France and Britain were and thus Germany had less to bargain with other than 'let's call the whole thing off'. Or it could be that they didn't actually go to war with Germany in WWI.