• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sarmatia1871 said:
:D None yet - They are likely to get one in the future!

Oh, and my other question: I never get an actual civil war as the CSA; I get the event for it, but their isn't an actual war.

Am I doing something wrong?

Faeelin said:
Oh, and my other question: I never get an actual civil war as the CSA; I get the event for it, but their isn't an actual war.

Am I doing something wrong?

Hmmm - there are a number of ways the civil war can occur, and one of them (the one which actually uses the "civil war" command) appears to be broken. What was the exact sequence of events?

L'Afrique said:
In addition, would 'Colinal Flotte-Schiff' be a good (and correctly phrased) designation for the fleet?

CFS Goering would be a great carrier...

Mittelafrika isn't really a colony (Freistaat Mittelafrika), so Koloniale probably wouldn't be the best adjective - we've atually used DAS in the OOB, but I can't remember why exactly or what it could stand for!

Okay then. Apparently Babelfish needs to brush up on its German. I thought 'colinal' sounded off. Would happen to know how to say 'Colonial Reserve Division' and 'African Irregular Division'? I'm not keen on more Babelfish. ;)

Even better would be specific adjectives, ie. Gabonese Irregular Division.

Hi,
I've tried to play the mod with DD v.1.2 german version. However while loading I get the message that the scenario files had some erros loading. I can ignore it, but then all the provinces are the same as in the regular 1936 scenatrio. Any Idea where the problem is?

Scroll down and choose the 'Kaiserreich' scenario. Also, do an image search for 'von Mackensen'.

I feel special after posting this.

I wanted to get in a picture of a scowling Prussian! :)

mackensen3al.jpg

Last edited:
Sarmatia1871 said:
Hmmm - there are a number of ways the civil war can occur, and one of them (the one which actually uses the "civil war" command) appears to be broken. What was the exact sequence of events?

I chose to become the CSA, and then I got an event a while later where Macarthur launched a coup, triggering, supposedly, a civil war.

Faeelin said:
I chose to become the CSA, and then I got an event a while later where Macarthur launched a coup, triggering, supposedly, a civil war.

Yep, that is the one which doesn't seem to work, even though CSA has regular_ID = USA...

I can if no one else will. What's needed for Russia? I know the Land Doctrine thing, the tech teams you get in that agriculture/military/industry event... What else?

L'Afrique said:
I can if no one else will. What's needed for Russia? I know the Land Doctrine thing, the tech teams you get in that agriculture/military/industry event... What else?

Many thanks, those are the two biggies - maybe also the lack of cores on former Imperial territories...

Another problem: When I tried to use Joint strike program to remove the mod, starting the game normally led to an error about a missing excel file.

I admit I'm clueless as to what happened.

Faeelin said:
Another problem: When I tried to use Joint strike program to remove the mod, starting the game normally led to an error about a missing excel file.

I admit I'm clueless as to what happened.

Ah yes, that is a nasty error! It comes up if, after you've activated the mod using the JSGME utility, you leave the utility open, open it a second a time and then activate again.

For some reason it doesn't recognise what's been transferred in multiple openings of the program, and so doesn't properly back up the data for when you switch back to the vanilla install...

#####################
#####################
#### KAISERREICH BETA Ia UPDATE
#####################
#####################

Time to bump the thread, methinks! As I'm wandering off to France again tomorrow, it's probably time for an update of the Beta. This version basically integrates a whole load of stuff (but not everything) that has been posted on the subforum over the past couple of months, plus quite a few minor bug fixes and revisions.

Total list of changes are:

############
### BETA IA CHANGELOG
############

# EVENTS
* Zucker's Nationalist France, Ethiopian, and various other Events
* Timoetheus' Indian events
* Afsin's Pan-Arab Congress events
* Start of German faction events
* Struggle for the Belarussian Throne events, plus German reactions

# MINISTERS, LEADERS, ARMY NAMES, etc...
* I.C. Ram's Hungarian stuff added
* Berlichingen's German and Austrian leaders
* Russian Clones and obvious Bolsheviks eliminated from leader files
* L'Afrique's various army name lists added

# SETUP ADJUSTMENTS
* Germany loses cores on Luxemburg, and gains them on its Eastern territories
* Japan no longer guarantees the Cossacks
* New/Modified OOBs for Germany, France, Serbia, Romania, Turkey,
* French border forts reduced to sensible levels
* Ottoman industry beefed up
* Australia and New Zealand merged into 'Australasian Federation'
* Tweaks made to Russian AI

#BUGS KILLED
* Admiral Darlan removed from Commune of France file
* Event 91915 will now trigger for Philippines, rather than Japan
* Turkestan will no longer attack Britain
* Two Spanish factions must be eliminated for the 'End of the Spanish War' events to fire for intervening powers.
* Changed '/' in several AI loading events (should fix error messages)
* Grand Duke Dmitri should now get the right Autocracy event
* Kyril Romanov will no longer command his ghostly legion from beyond the grave
* Kyril Romanov can now appear as Tsar in 1936
* Russian event 750087 loses IC for the correct province

These have been tested, and don't seem to cause any crashes, but I'm sure they raise all sorts of problems, so post these in the subforum!

tombom said:
Rapidshare is still annoying though :( I'm currently looking for a better option.

True, but it's free and I quite like the ability to keep track of the number of downloads!

I believe there may be a way of hosting it on the subforum, but I haven't been able to find the correct buttons yet...