• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Myth said:
in most (all, perhaps) cases, the <name><initial> leaders are actually individual leaders, but the ones without the initials are probably unnecessary duplicates (seeing as they don't have the initial to differentiate them, so someone slipped up either with initials or didn't notice that the guy was already in)

/edit: here would be a good site to check if leaders existed or not
I know. I just wanted to make sure that no clone will survive from this purge since it took a great deal of time just to go through every single commander in the file. All deleting, editing and packing up I left for those who know what they are doing. I'm pretty sure that each and every commander are real, but it takes professional (or higher-rank modder) to decide, which of the two clones should be removed.

I just tried to make it easier for the real modders to eliminate these clones by pointing them out.

quick question: when I played this mod sometime back, I remember the extreme leftist government option is called "Bolshevik". Does this play any significance in the game, or does it just happen to be there? Some sort of communist revival, perhaps (remember, just because the USSR didn't work out doesnt mean all the world's commies died)?

OK, the population stats I've found for french Africa (from a 1949 atlas) are
French West Africa: apx 16 million
Algeria : apx 9 million
So, French Africa : apx 25 million
Let's add some extra immigration : 2 million
So total is : 27 million

So what we have to figure out is what percentage of people would serve???

I'm thinking they could have an effective manpower of 10-15 million or (37%-55% (because these aren't true true core provinces). That equals .20-.30 mp growth with no agricultural techs researched.

Last edited:
GeneralHannible said:
OK, the population stats I've found for french Africa (from a 1949 atlas) are
French West Africa: apx 16 million
Algeria : apx 9 million
So, French Africa : apx 25 million
Let's add some extra immigration : 2 million
So total is : 27 million

So what we have to figure out is what percentage of people would serve???

I'm thinking they could have an effective manpower of 10-15 million or (37%-55% (because these aren't true true core provinces). That equals .20-.30 mp growth with no agricultural techs researched.

Also remember la Légion étrangère, which is quite possibly going to be heavily expanded and utilised by the Nationalists. So, they could probably field more troops than their population would indicate...

Das Kapitalist said:
quick question: when I played this mod sometime back, I remember the extreme leftist government option is called "Bolshevik". Does this play any significance in the game, or does it just happen to be there? Some sort of communist revival, perhaps (remember, just because the USSR didn't work out doesnt mean all the world's commies died)?

:) - Answer in the FAQ: http://s11.invisionfree.com/Kaiserreich/index.php?showtopic=21

Hey, I just started playing your mod and have been having a fantastic time with it. One problem that I had though was that the AI was not being challenging at all. As Russia the dissent hits sucked, but nobody else was really doing anything (Japan was bogged down in a war that wasn't going anywhere with Germany, and the United States had crushed its rebel factions easily). To be quite frank, when it was fighting the AI wasn't doing a whole lot.

So what I did was I replaced the basic AI files that you guys had with DAIM AI files (Germany for both France and Germany, and then historical nations for the rest excluding Italy and Nationalist China who are pretty much non-entities at the moment). I'm to 1939, but thus far the AI is doing an excellent job of waging war. The United States mopped the floor with the syndicalists (I think I might replace the CSA and Freedom's AI with "DAIM America" as well so that they can compete), and Japan and Germany are fighting a very mobile conflict throughout the Indian and Pacific Oceans and the Asian continent. Russia (with the Soviet AI) also quickly crushed Mongolia (once it could redeploy its forces) which had taken forever in the past. I hope the "deterministic war" event fires for France soon so I can see how the German AI does in another country (I've liked the builds thus far, but I guess we'll see how that conflict goes). Anyways, something you guys may wish to consider for the future is testing this more extensively (I'm on my first game with DAIM applied to this scenario thus far, I've just really liked what I've seen) and talking to Spocky about perhaps including it if you agree with my assesment.

Anyways, just wanted to share my experiences with you, and say keep up the good work. I look forward to your next update!

Yeah, I've only really worked out the border priority and diplomatic AIs, so editing actual military behaviour hasn't been done. However, this DAIM idea is an excellent possibility, so keep reporting back on how the game goes!

( :) - are screenshots possible? I'm especially interested in this mobile war between Germany and Japan)

EDIT: Oh yes, out of interest, how are the DAIM AI files set up? Do they just have general AI files for each country, or do they load up different AI files in different contexts (like in vanilla 1.3b)?

Last edited:
lwarmonger said:
Hey, I just started playing your mod and have been having a fantastic time with it. One problem that I had though was that the AI was not being challenging at all. As Russia the dissent hits sucked, but nobody else was really doing anything (Japan was bogged down in a war that wasn't going anywhere with Germany, and the United States had crushed its rebel factions easily). To be quite frank, when it was fighting the AI wasn't doing a whole lot.

So what I did was I replaced the basic AI files that you guys had with DAIM AI files (Germany for both France and Germany, and then historical nations for the rest excluding Italy and Nationalist China who are pretty much non-entities at the moment). I'm to 1939, but thus far the AI is doing an excellent job of waging war. The United States mopped the floor with the syndicalists (I think I might replace the CSA and Freedom's AI with "DAIM America" as well so that they can compete), and Japan and Germany are fighting a very mobile conflict throughout the Indian and Pacific Oceans and the Asian continent. Russia (with the Soviet AI) also quickly crushed Mongolia (once it could redeploy its forces) which had taken forever in the past. I hope the "deterministic war" event fires for France soon so I can see how the German AI does in another country (I've liked the builds thus far, but I guess we'll see how that conflict goes). Anyways, something you guys may wish to consider for the future is testing this more extensively (I'm on my first game with DAIM applied to this scenario thus far, I've just really liked what I've seen) and talking to Spocky about perhaps including it if you agree with my assesment.

Anyways, just wanted to share my experiences with you, and say keep up the good work. I look forward to your next update!

Sounds excellent, are they easy to integrate in terms of compatibility?

Sarmatia1871 said:
Yeah, I've only really worked out the border priority and diplomatic AIs, so editing actual military behaviour hasn't been done. However, this DAIM idea is an excellent possibility, so keep reporting back on how the game goes!

Well, it has been interesting to say the least, and there are a few things that need tweaking. First of all, the American civil war was done very quickly, as I had only given the United States the DAIM AI. I'd be interested to see how well the Syndicalists and others do if they were to have that AI as well.

Japan and Germany were interesting. A rather large fight shaped up in China, with German armor and infantry doing pretty well fighting in their southern puppet until they ran out of supplies (part of that was because of encirclement by Japanese amphibious landings, part of it was because once Algostasien lost a good portion of its industry it couldn't support the number of formations Germany had committed to the fighting). The war had been pretty mobile up to that point, but once they ran out of supplies the Japanese knocked them out of China and into Indochina (after which I released Nationalist China for Japan, because their TC load was around 600/200... with Japan's modest IC conquering all of China is a bit much).

Another interesting thing. Japan ignored its traditional Island possessions with a few exceptions (these being Saipan and a few of the other islands... Germany garrisoned much of the south pacific with one division each almost immediately after war began, and most of the IJA went into China) in favor of taking away first Diego Garcia, then Aden, then Liberia (which Germany's African puppet had conquered), and then all the way to Crete. These island conquests were in the opening stage of the war, prior to the successful conquest of China. After China was finished they also initiated an invasion of the Dutch East Indies and Brunei, which is still ongoing.

If conflict doesn't start in Europe soon, I think I'm going to instigate it just to see how it goes, however I've got a couple of possible modifications/problems. First, DAIM Germany doesn't deploy its surface fleets away from its coastline. When fighting Japan this becomes a problem as the result has been the transports are cut to pieces by the IJN (at the same time I'm kind of torn though, because in the original, Germany's fleet got cut to pieces as the Japanese and German fleets decimated one another). Also, Germany needs to have its builds readjusted to build more transports (at the same time you might also consider having it build more infantry just to fit in with the story a little bit more... naval builds are primarily surface ships which is good, they just need more transports in there).

Oh, one thing I've noticed throughout too, is that when Germany goes to war with Japan it leaves its border with France almost completely unguarded after a little bit (0-1 infantry division per province simply isn't enough). One thing you might want to consider is locking in the German border units (say a 3 division corp of infantry in each province) until war with France. I'm not sure how this is done, but I doubt the German General Staff would ever leave the border with syndicalist France as lightly defended as the AI has it now.

I'll let you know how the European conflict goes, as that is the make or break conflict. I think I'll also make sure that Britain gets involved in this (probably on Frances side) to see how its invasion AI handles the modified setup.

If there is a particular side that you want me to bring the US government in on (it has McArthur with his military government) I'll do that too. I'm not sure how you were planning to bring the US into the general world stage after the Civil War, but the Syndicalists are going to have their work cut out for them beating Germany (even with Germany fighting with Japan).

( :) - are screenshots possible? I'm especially interested in this mobile war between Germany and Japan)

I'll do my best, but right now I am working from a library computer (I just moved and the internet connection from my new place is tenuous at best).

EDIT: Oh yes, out of interest, how are the DAIM AI files set up? Do they just have general AI files for each country, or do they load up different AI files in different contexts (like in vanilla 1.3b)?

Well you would probably do better talking to someone from the DAIM team rather than myself, but from what I've seen they load up different AI files in different contexts. For example, the United States started off building factories, but when the Syndicalists and they went to war, the US AI just went nuts (they were up to 160 infantry and militia divisions in a few months, with more builds on the way). But like I said, I don't work on the DAIM team, I just decided to see how their AI did in your scenario.

Last edited:
Evans said:
Sounds excellent, are they easy to integrate in terms of compatibility?

Finding out right now. The one I am most worried about it France, because I had to include Germany's DAIM AI in for them (DAIM never made one for France). I'd say the biggest difficulty thus far is that Germany isn't designed for having an extensive colonial Empire, so it doesn't deploy its surface fleets abroad (although it does garrison its overseas territories quite nicely).

lwarmonger, you seem to have a lot of info, try signing up at our forums if you want to help more, (the link is in my sig).

GeneralHannible said:
lwarmonger, you seem to have a lot of info, try signing up at our forums if you want to help more, (the link is in my sig).

Alright... although I must confess that my modding experience is very limited (I've modded maps before, adjusting IC/resources/forts and the like, and adjusted start settings). I would be interested in learning how to do events though.

im having a great game,austuri is allied with a powerfull poland,together they ben fighting hungaria+crotia for years,i turned off the fog of war,and it's quiete a nice war,fun to watch.

and the russia,well,things are a little comlicated in russia :)

run for your lives! mongols are coming!

civil war in usa was quite strange,jack reed was elected in 1937,but still csa revolted,along with california and america first,then,USA revolted,taking amny of america first's provinces,thus annexing the america first,canadians were supporting california with supllies and such,till csa took california out with massive amph. landings,usa and csa was quite balanced then,i was sure there would be a nice show,but,csa willingly got it self annexed to usa wia event.

lwarmonger said:
Alright... although I must confess that my modding experience is very limited (I've modded maps before, adjusting IC/resources/forts and the like, and adjusted start settings). I would be interested in learning how to do events though.

Cool - I think I posted a link to the Spanish event maker a page or two ago - it should make learning to create events much easier!

Re: AI - Please keep up the testing, as this is very useful and has a lot of potential! I think I also made some changes to the way the German AI uses its fleets (eg. stationing them in its new colonies), so possibly some editing of the DAIM one may be in order.

Also, does the German (or any other) AI manage to make any overseas invasions? I'd guess the Japanese would be designed to do this, but it would be interesting to know whether attacking unprotected colonial holdings could be easily worked into a default AI, without needing loads of different context based ones....

moonlapse said:
im having a great game,austuri is allied with a powerfull poland,together they ben fighting hungaria+crotia for years,i turned off the fog of war,and it's quiete a nice war,fun to watch.

and the russia,well,things are a little comlicated in russia :)

run for your lives! mongols are coming!

civil war in usa was quite strange,jack reed was elected in 1937,but still csa revolted,along with california and america first,then,USA revolted,taking amny of america first's provinces,thus annexing the america first,canadians were supporting california with supllies and such,till csa took california out with massive amph. landings,usa and csa was quite balanced then,i was sure there would be a nice show,but,csa willingly got it self annexed to usa wia event.

:eek: Ye Gods!!! Very interesting Russian situation you got there! What happened?!??! I never thought the Soviets could do so (comparatively...) well!

America's supposed to be chaotic and variable (how are the new offsets working, everyone?), but obviously some bugs still need fixing - I'll try to hunt down the 'CSA revolting while Jack Reed is US President' one pretty soon...

Playing a game as Japan atm, the Germans sent a large fleet of BB1s that did manage to chew through my surface fleets before I got the carriers to handle the situation. Now they're holed up in China- i can't damage them (29 ships) but they can't even get close enough to damage me. This is on normal AI.

Sarmatia1871 said:
Ye Gods!!! Very interesting Russian situation you got there! What happened?!??! I never thought the Soviets could do so (comparatively...) well!

alash orda and don kuban union grabbed russia's territories as you can see,wrangel installed himself as the new autrocat(this changed later,he invited the czar to throne),russia dissmesed alash-orda's allience propasals,and declared war on mongolia while fighting the soviets,olso finland destoryed many russian divisons wich were cut from the moscow,i quess all these nations going for russian territory+high dissent events+mongolia were to much for russians. :)

olso,russia was annexed but those balkan countries were still having alliance with russia kinda events.

I'm trying out this mod and am running into problems. I followed instructions by moving everything to my HOI directory and ran the program and "activated" the mod. When I started it up, it looked like only certain things were working; the splash screen and the flags were the only things changed. I get a "scenario had errors" message when loading the 36 scenario.

I found that the EUG kaisserreich file is bugged (cancel = no for a treaty isn't recognized)
The 00provincemods.inc file is bugged (doesn't accept line 1453 for some reason, deleting said line didn't help so I took out the file itself) , the ai_revolters is bugged (free_ic not recognized) and the vast majority, if not all AI files are bugged in either the garrisoning or IC use parts (I made sure about 1/4 are bugged, then picked out AI files at random to check them for bugs, and all of them were so I'm assuming all the others are bugged as well).
This is literally making the game unplayable, I tried redownloading, I launched it on a fresh install of HoI2, I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
Is it a Doomsday mod now or something?

Dan Cook said:
I'm trying out this mod and am running into problems. I followed instructions by moving everything to my HOI directory and ran the program and "activated" the mod. When I started it up, it looked like only certain things were working; the splash screen and the flags were the only things changed. I get a "scenario had errors" message when loading the 36 scenario.
load the kaiserreich scenerio further down