• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just because a guy becomes the defenition of a traitor doesn't make him infamous

Vidkun: "I am Quisling."
Hitler: "And your name is?"

Anyway, how about this for an idea:

If all the scandinavian countries (Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Iceland (if they should gain independence somehow) are syndicalist they get an option of uniting (The order should probably Sweden-Norway-Denmark, not sure if Finland should actually be allowed to initiate, though they should be allowed to join) Whoever is "first" in the circle (we might have a few "No, we won't unite with you! You will unite with us!" kind of event choices but I have no idea how to reall do that) turns into SCA, gets cores, the tech-teams of everyone that choses to join in as well as ministers from those countries who chose to do so. Once the entire sequence (the "peaceful formation" part) is done they get the option of declaring war on the remaining territories.

(almost certainly causing German, and possibly Russian intervention, with possible aid from Britain and France)

The Syndicalists and the monarchists/conservative "scandinavists" should probably be the only ones actually able to form Scandinavia peacefully. Finnish fascists & swedish ultranationalists for example should get opportunities to create a "greater whatever" but not Scandinavia. The monarchist route would probably be a lot hairier (and could turn out in different ways) But I like the option of actually picking who's going to be king :p (and in extension the traits of your actual HoS) This should probably require everyone to be at least reasonably close ideologically.... Of course the more likely course for this would be some kind of military alliance rather than full unification (though you should have the option of pressing for it)

Regarding Swedish-Finnish tensions.... I'm thinking almost every colour of swedish governments should (if their interventionism is high enough) have the option to demand Åland. (possibly offering the Germans to arbitrate, I'd think the germans would have a 60/40 or some such chance to decide in favour of the finns) Or to negotiate directly. Then follows a bunch of events where you can basically chose to press the issue or not, if it goes as far as to war the Finns (if they are PA or worse at least) gets an option to claim some swedish areas (I'm thinking Swedish Norrbotten & Lappland mostly....) or going for outright conquest (which should trigger a series of "Everyone hates the Finns! wars :p) the Swedes get to (if they start winning) settle for Åland (nobody cares) take some of the swedish-speaking parts of Finland (Not sure exactly how language was split during the time and where (apart from Åland) the swedish-speakers had the greatest numbers. Or go for returning the wayward eastern provinces (triggering an "everyone hates Sweden!" event chain)

GrimPagan said:
But should should the Norwegian syndicalists (with former UK support)and swedish nationalists (supported by Germany) be interconnect, or should the two events be independent, creating more potential scenario's?

And if Sweden refuse german help, then there should be some event where Sweden goes after Finland and/or Estonia if Germany is at war with some major power. This could again leave an option for Germany to react or letting it go to avoid another conflict.
I think my original idea was that Sweden will either sit it out if Norway becomes syndicalist, or then do some 'housekeeping', depending on what sort of ideology Sweden has...

If Norway wins it get's the option to become Syndicalist Scandinavia or leave Sweden as an independent satellite.

If Sweden wins it will get the option to either reincorporate Norway, leave it as a satellite or set it free.

One idea I had was also that if both nations suppres syndicalism there could be massive revolt waves eventually, resulting in syndicalist Scandinavia declaring it's indepence, getting bits and pieces from both countries, and going to war with both of them...

If both Sweden and Norway for some reason turn Syndicalist they have the option to unify to Scandinavia.

I was also thinking that Denmark could possibly decide to seek closer relations with Scandinavia to break it's ties with Germany.

As for an united monarchy...I was thinking that Sweden taking it all and getting aproriate cores would suffice. :D

As for an united monarchy...I was thinking that Sweden taking it all and getting aproriate cores would suffice.

Yeah, but I liked the idea fo getting to chose whether the King should be named Gustav, Haakon, Christian or Väino :p

CCurio said:
I was thinking that there could be a social democratic split - the more Norway accepts stuff from UoB the more radical the social democrats will be perceived, thus eventually leading to the moderates jumping off...

In the late '37 elections there could three diffrent alternatives - Social Democrats (hard left), Centre (soft left) and plus some sort of rightist party...

Any other than election of now-radical Social Democrats can result in syndicalist Scandinavia revolting with the help of those Union "guest workers" that could arrive if co-operation goes far enough... ;)

In a civil war situation it could be possible that a goverment of "National Unity" gets declared under the rule of certain infamous man... :p

Sounds good - now we just need some leftist ministers for Norway!

And thankfully there's already an AI designed for vanilla that will let Britain invade Norway should things go wrong with the peaceful expansion...

Finland-swedish.jpg

The distribution propably hasn't changed all that much...however I think that swedes should grab Tornio instead of Helsinki.

Zuckergußgebäck said:
Mind you, I just took some german companies and gave them a bit of asian-sounding names. I don´t think there ever was such a thing as the Mauser-Drache Werke. I thought you might want to keep that in mind.

:D True - although there never was an AlgOstAsien GmbH either, so I suppose these will do for the time being!

CCurio said:
Finland-swedish.jpg

The distribution propably hasn't changed all that much...however I think that swedes should grab Tornio instead of Helsinki.

Mmm, pretty much what i figured, Vasa, Åbo, Åland & Torneå.

Arilou said:
Vidkun: "I am Quisling."
Hitler: "And your name is?"

Anyway, how about this for an idea:

If all the scandinavian countries (Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Iceland (if they should gain independence somehow) are syndicalist they get an option of uniting (The order should probably Sweden-Norway-Denmark, not sure if Finland should actually be allowed to initiate, though they should be allowed to join) Whoever is "first" in the circle (we might have a few "No, we won't unite with you! You will unite with us!" kind of event choices but I have no idea how to reall do that) turns into SCA, gets cores, the tech-teams of everyone that choses to join in as well as ministers from those countries who chose to do so. Once the entire sequence (the "peaceful formation" part) is done they get the option of declaring war on the remaining territories.

(almost certainly causing German, and possibly Russian intervention, with possible aid from Britain and France)

The Syndicalists and the monarchists/conservative "scandinavists" should probably be the only ones actually able to form Scandinavia peacefully. Finnish fascists & swedish ultranationalists for example should get opportunities to create a "greater whatever" but not Scandinavia. The monarchist route would probably be a lot hairier (and could turn out in different ways) But I like the option of actually picking who's going to be king :p (and in extension the traits of your actual HoS) This should probably require everyone to be at least reasonably close ideologically.... Of course the more likely course for this would be some kind of military alliance rather than full unification (though you should have the option of pressing for it)

Regarding Swedish-Finnish tensions.... I'm thinking almost every colour of swedish governments should (if their interventionism is high enough) have the option to demand Åland. (possibly offering the Germans to arbitrate, I'd think the germans would have a 60/40 or some such chance to decide in favour of the finns) Or to negotiate directly. Then follows a bunch of events where you can basically chose to press the issue or not, if it goes as far as to war the Finns (if they are PA or worse at least) gets an option to claim some swedish areas (I'm thinking Swedish Norrbotten & Lappland mostly....) or going for outright conquest (which should trigger a series of "Everyone hates the Finns! wars :p) the Swedes get to (if they start winning) settle for Åland (nobody cares) take some of the swedish-speaking parts of Finland (Not sure exactly how language was split during the time and where (apart from Åland) the swedish-speakers had the greatest numbers. Or go for returning the wayward eastern provinces (triggering an "everyone hates Sweden!" event chain)

Yep, all sounds definitely good!

I'm thinking there could possibly be some sort of Åland Islands controversy fairly early on, as in this timeline they may be administered by an international organization on Germany's behalf to maintain the peace. The results of the decision would then spark off policy choices in Finland and Sweden, with either country feeling either happy or aggrieved depending on which way the matter was decided.

Also, with the Swedish speaking population in Finland - it's quite possible that Kosola's government would follow the 'Magyar' model, and actively try to 'Finnicize' them. Which would then lead to problems in it's relations with the Swedish government...

Just a question, what is Denmark's starting ideology? SC? Because I'm thinking if they are the swedish "housecleaning" in Norway could actually be the first step on the road towards "Monarchic" Scandinavia....

(I'm thinking Sweden gets the choice of either annexing Norway or restoring the proper order (making Norway Authoritarian Democrat/whatever Sweden is) A few years later down the line (assuming this happens relatively early on) possibly triggered by some war at some point or another they get the option of forming Scandinavia (assuming Denmark/Norway/Sweden are all Authoritarian Democrat, or right-centre democracies) Finland will probably be fascist and decline (but should have the option of joining too...) and Scandinavia should get cores on them.....)

And now to something completely different.... Mittelafrika.

Should a few of the other african revolter states have a possibility to appear, if only to try to stop Göring? (and for the really suicidial, how about a Pan-African movement in response to european colonialism.... :p)

Arilou said:
Just a question, what is Denmark's starting ideology? SC? Because I'm thinking if they are the swedish "housecleaning" in Norway could actually be the first step on the road towards "Monarchic" Scandinavia....

(I'm thinking Sweden gets the choice of either annexing Norway or restoring the proper order (making Norway Authoritarian Democrat/whatever Sweden is) A few years later down the line (assuming this happens relatively early on) possibly triggered by some war at some point or another they get the option of forming Scandinavia (assuming Denmark/Norway/Sweden are all Authoritarian Democrat, or right-centre democracies) Finland will probably be fascist and decline (but should have the option of joining too...) and Scandinavia should get cores on them.....)

Denmark is going to be very heavily German influenced, so would be likely to be Social Conservative or Authoritarian Democrat. Germany is probably going to try its best to keep a firm grip on Denmark as well, owing to its control of the routes from the Baltic to the North Sea.

Because of this, if Sweden is going to try to create a united Scandinavian Monarchy, Norway would be the obvious first country to include without causing too many problems, Finland would probably need a fight of some sort, and getting Denmark on board would mean either opposing or coming to a firm agreement with Germany...

Mmm.... I'm thinking maybe the "Not go to war with Germany" (if Germany is busy in other areas you should have a chance to "sneak" a unification without *that* much risk of war) option should need you to A) have good relations/be very close politically to the germans *and* trade them an alliance (essentially "We let you unite but you have to fight with us if we need you")

Hmm.... I want to get back home so I can start scripting :p

Arilou said:
And now to something completely different.... Mittelafrika.

Should a few of the other african revolter states have a possibility to appear, if only to try to stop Göring? (and for the really suicidial, how about a Pan-African movement in response to european colonialism.... :p)

Well, there are enough African revolter states in the game already, so using them could be a good idea!

And of course, if Göring spends a bit too much time in the sun and goes a bit Colonel Kurtz, who knows what route anti-colonial Pan-Africanism might take...

CCurio said:
Kurtz...is he that cuckoo dude in Apocalypse Now?

I believe he's referring to the guy in Joseph Conrad's "Heart of Darkness". Though the former may be named for the latter.

CCurio said:
What's Col. Kurtz like?

I never got very far (I tried to read it in english in 6th grade, so sue me if I didn't get very far!) but I believe Kurtz "went native" and turned into some kind of native-cannibal warlord....

CCurio said:
What's Col. Kurtz like?

He goes slightly coockoo, and sets himself up as a mighty King/God over the native population.

Probably nothing that OTT for Goering though! The main justification would be that a lot of European colonies in Africa in this were actually ruled through officially recognised native Kings or Chiefs, with the European monarch being acknowledged as a sort of Ueberchief.

So, if Goering were attempting to escape from control by the Kaiser, an obvious route would be to turn the situation completely around, by promising to bolster the power of the native elites if they recognise him as the true Emperor figure over the diverse peoples of Mittelafrika. This would however probably require the Staatshalter to adopt a lot of the symbolosim, rhetoric and iconography that a European colonial governor would think appropriate...