• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Italian cores on Catholic lands is IMHO absurd.
Remember also that Italy is not the Papacy but a sort of federation whose head is the Pope. Check the wiki.
Actually such an idea was thought in the 19th century as a way to federate Italy: having a confederacy of Italian states presided by the Pope.

I had problems with some events and I would like to know if they were checked... 'Cause when Lithuanians nationalise I only get:
1936: Germany had Nationalism rises in Lithuania
1936: Lithuania had The Germans Intervene!
While these two were supposed to be a/b/c events...?
And are the russian passports events working?

Well the Bourbons COULD if they so desired lay claim to the French throne just as the Hapsburgs could lay claim to their demesnes. Nor is it ridiculous to believe that the Papacy wouldn't decide to expand with the right pope in office. Playing as the Italian Federation I've taken Sicily, carved up France with the Carlists and taken most of the Balkans so it IS possible. ;)

It's too far stretched.
Sadly, I've lost my screen, but in my game tomorrow night, the Italian Head of State wasn't the Pope. Probably following sliders moves.
Italian federation is not papacy: the Pope is, according to Wiki, the dominating figure in Italian Federation since the early 30's. It is possible, as happened in my game, to have some other head of state leading the federation. Having a cores-for-alls mod would be too far-streched. Never would French accept any spanish-bourbons dominance (just like spanish did not wanted any french bonaparte king) nor some fantasy Empire reloaded "papacy".
You can of course expand in these general directions if it fits your gameplay and roleplaying, but having the mod endorsing these is total fantasy.

It's too far stretched.
Sadly, I've lost my screen, but in my game tomorrow night, the Italian Head of State wasn't the Pope. Probably following sliders moves.
Italian federation is not papacy: the Pope is, according to Wiki, the dominating figure in Italian Federation since the early 30's. It is possible, as happened in my game, to have some other head of state leading the federation. Having a cores-for-alls mod would be too far-streched. Never would French accept any spanish-bourbons dominance (just like spanish did not wanted any french bonaparte king) nor some fantasy Empire reloaded "papacy".
You can of course expand in these general directions if it fits your gameplay and roleplaying, but having the mod endorsing these is total fantasy.

The Spanish of that time didn't wanted any foreign king (Real stupidity, see Amadeo I). Nowadays, a lot of us think that José I would have been better than Fernando VII The Idiot.

One thing: Why the Italian Federation doesn't have events to get COREs on Two Sicilies?

I'm proud to announce the release of a near-complete Kaiserreich Icon Pack

Its a bundle of many numerous Icon packs from many different authors and includes Icons for nearly every playable state. Included are my own Icons for the Syndicalists of American, the American Union State and the Pacific States. It isn't a "perfect" Kaiserreich Icon release but it does the job well. If anyone is interested in working together to make this better please let me know.

It can be downloaded here.

For those of you who already have many SKIF style Icons in your Kaiserreich game and don't want to download a whole new pack (which I still recommend you do anyways as it includes many Icons you may not have) may download this smaller pack of Icons I've created. It includes ground Icons for the same American Civil War states as mentioned above plus ground Icons for New England (U10) and Portugal (POR).

It may be downloaded here.

I hope you enjoy them and that these Icons will somehow find a way into your future games, be that here on HoI2 or in the upcoming AoD.

I'm not sure how many times this has been asked before, but as the CoF I've been having great trouble getting the UoB on my side. Even if they are in war with the Entente and I'm in war with the Entente they refuse to accept any of my alliance attempt at 200+ relationships.

Announcement from the new Kaiserreich team

Currently a team of dedicated Modders is working on Kaiserreich 1.2. Our main focus will be to fix the currently broken/unlogical events and add some events that fill up some gaps like election events.

If you fing a bug/broken event, and you know the cause, then please let us know. There are many events, made by many different modders in the game, even us Modders can loose track ;).

On the Bourbon: Carlist getting Cores on France is a bit too much. I will try to correct this.

Trot: Good work on the Icon Pack.

Theoracle: The Union of Britain is meant to be highly isolationist, but there is an event where the Union will join the Internationale if the Commune is at war with Germany.

Well, when Austria force-centralizes, the new nations it can become lack a few cores (Austrian Italy, Slovenia, one province in Hungary)...

World War 3

I know this is getting a little bit ahead of ourselves as there is much to correct in the current version without going crazy planning WW3 but I wanted to let the people on this forum know that one complete event path has been finished that sparks a war between the victorious Mitteleuropa (after having beaten the Syndies and set up a puppet regime in France) and the Entente. Right now it only triggers if the Germans choose to set up the "Neutral" France puppet, not occupy France or divide it up into three states. However, it is a fully fleshed out chain of almost 30 events leading to rebellion and war.

If any of you are particularly fanatical about war between the victorious powers (and developing the later era of the game), I would appreciate anyone willing to test the events. The way they are written now, nothing will fire (non-manually) before 1940, which makes it kind of a pain. However, if someone was planning a Mitteleuropa game already, I encourage you to copy paste the code into the World War II event file and give it a go.

http://z11.invisionfree.com/Kaiserreich/index.php?showtopic=1078

Would be great if the fleet bug with nationalist france is fixed. Today I merged about 50 times. They create between 3 and 20 fleets per day. Ive merged one as big as 1000 and froze the game for 30 seconds.

can we please have an event chain for a unified scandanavia already??? id like a massive northern war between scandanavians (and maybe balts) and the russians.

I agree! We have the Scandinavian People's Party! That chain must be finished!

I know this is getting a little bit ahead of ourselves as there is much to correct in the current version without going crazy planning WW3 but I wanted to let the people on this forum know that one complete event path has been finished that sparks a war between the victorious Mitteleuropa (after having beaten the Syndies and set up a puppet regime in France) and the Entente. Right now it only triggers if the Germans choose to set up the "Neutral" France puppet, not occupy France or divide it up into three states. However, it is a fully fleshed out chain of almost 30 events leading to rebellion and war.

If any of you are particularly fanatical about war between the victorious powers (and developing the later era of the game), I would appreciate anyone willing to test the events. The way they are written now, nothing will fire (non-manually) before 1940, which makes it kind of a pain. However, if someone was planning a Mitteleuropa game already, I encourage you to copy paste the code into the World War II event file and give it a go.

http://z11.invisionfree.com/Kaiserreich/index.php?showtopic=1078

How do I get access to these events? Do I need to create a new text file in the WWII folder?

Edit: I'm also getting the error "unknown lhs in 'date = {' line = 389" in my WWII/Peace text file. I've tried reinstalling but it doesn't seem to work

Last edited:
How do I get access to these events? Do I need to create a new text file in the WWII folder?

Edit: I'm also getting the error "unknown lhs in 'date = {' line = 389" in my WWII/Peace text file. I've tried reinstalling but it doesn't seem to work

If you make a new text file in the WWII folder, the scenario won't know to access it unless it's told to in another file. The easiest thing to do would be to copy the code as it is posted on the forum and paste into an existing text file that the scenario already knows to use, such as Partitions.txt.

As for your error, is that from my event chain or did that exist prior to whatever you did to put the new code in?

Is anyone else having that problem?

A few questions and remarks:

-What is the best path to create the Danubian Federation?

- Regarding French victory over Germany events: when does the event trigger? After Germany capitulation or annexation?
By the way, there should be another solution: three states choice.
France thought very seriously about annexing Rhineland in 1918... I think the player and the AI should have the option to partition Germany without giving up Rhineland.

Alternative demand: how can I script it myself? I can read events but frankly suck at writting them.

-Is this WAD to have Grenoble and Nice empty of ressources and manpower? Grenoble is at least a somewhat populated city...

- Last thing: when and if Entente victory over Mittleuropa events are written, Nat France should also have the ability to divide Germany and keep Rhineland.