• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My guess is that they were not decisively defeated as France and Britain were and thus Germany had less to bargain with other than 'let's call the whole thing off'. Or it could be that they didn't actually go to war with Germany in WWI.

Well Portugal did openly declare war on Germany.

Well Portugal did openly declare war on Germany.

It has to do with the "Peace with Honor"! Since after the defeat of France, Germany couldn't reach either Great Britain or in this case Portugal! So after a couple of years were both sides were only tradig insults over the channel a peace was signed - "Peace with Honor"! That is both sides keep their respective colonies and their "Honor".

But nonetheless Germany was now the superpower and England only a shadow of its former self and thus when the English revolution sets in, Germany grabed most of the British colonies.

Portugal doesn't suffered the same faith as Britain, but it has been pressured to cede its colonies to Mittelafrika, which it didn't do. For Portugal its colonies are more a prestige object, against German/Mittelafrikan colonial policy/aggression than an economic adavantage.

Not sure if I missed the information about Oman and Yemen but why did Yemen get annexed by Germany and Oman gain so much power in the region? Wouldn't Both Oman and Yemen wanted to break away from British rule anyway?

Sorry, I'm quite out about where are you going now... But I'd like to ask if the download links in the first post are the newest ones? Thanks... :eek:o

It has to do with the "Peace with Honor"! Since after the defeat of France, Germany couldn't reach either Great Britain or in this case Portugal! So after a couple of years were both sides were only tradig insults over the channel a peace was signed - "Peace with Honor"! That is both sides keep their respective colonies and their "Honor".

But nonetheless Germany was now the superpower and England only a shadow of its former self and thus when the English revolution sets in, Germany grabed most of the British colonies.

Portugal doesn't suffered the same faith as Britain, but it has been pressured to cede its colonies to Mittelafrika, which it didn't do. For Portugal its colonies are more a prestige object, against German/Mittelafrikan colonial policy/aggression than an economic adavantage.
Germans allso never reached the mainland of Britan, but they still have gotten their colonies. In the pece conffrence, Portugal would be forced to secede the colonies since it was a loser in the war. And even if not, the Germans could just occupy them, Portugal was in no real postion to demand them back.

Sorry, I'm quite out about where are you going now... But I'd like to ask if the download links in the first post are the newest ones? Thanks... :eek:o

Yes, they have the newest version of Kaiserreich.

Germans allso never reached the mainland of Britan, but they still have gotten their colonies. In the pece conffrence, Portugal would be forced to secede the colonies since it was a loser in the war. And even if not, the Germans could just occupy them, Portugal was in no real postion to demand them back.

You forget that indeed Portugal, as well as England were de facto the losers! But, Portugal was also bound to the "Peace with Honor" treaty and the English were quite clear that it wanted Portugal to stay free of German influence, also with basically no invasion of the Portugese homeland and only token raids into its colonial territorys, the Germans were content with leaving it alone!

Protected by the English Fleet, Portugal didn't suffer the same fate as the Belgian or French, but when the British Revolution hit in 1925, it was left without a powerfull backer. While Germany was busy gobbling the British Colonial possessions up, the Portugese leadership nows, that Germany will turn on her, as it did eventually. (Germany only got British colonies when the English Revolution was in full swing and the British Navy busy transporting the Royal family to Canada or in the hands of the reds!)

Germany tried several times to buy or threatend its Colonies and was in a very good position to do so, but by late 1929 domestic problems at home and in Europe forced Germany to divert its resources! But that leaves Mittelafrika, which by this stage could enforce its will upon the Portugese, which it did not do.

Why? Because Mittelafrika has still a loyal Governor (Lettow-Vorbeck) and not a uncontrollable one! Which it now has (Göring in 1934 Governor of Mittelafrika)!

So Portugal now finds it again at the greedy eyes of Mittelafrika!

You forget that indeed Portugal, as well as England were de facto the losers! But, Portugal was also bound to the "Peace with Honor" treaty and the English were quite clear that it wanted Portugal to stay free of German influence, also with basically no invasion of the Portugese homeland and only token raids into its colonial territorys, the Germans were content with leaving it alone!

Protected by the English Fleet, Portugal didn't suffer the same fate as the Belgian or French, but when the British Revolution hit in 1925, it was left without a powerfull backer. While Germany was busy gobbling the British Colonial possessions up, the Portugese leadership nows, that Germany will turn on her, as it did eventually. (Germany only got British colonies when the English Revolution was in full swing and the British Navy busy transporting the Royal family to Canada or in the hands of the reds!)

Germany tried several times to buy or threatend its Colonies and was in a very good position to do so, but by late 1929 domestic problems at home and in Europe forced Germany to divert its resources! But that leaves Mittelafrika, which by this stage could enforce its will upon the Portugese, which it did not do.

Why? Because Mittelafrika has still a loyal Governor (Lettow-Vorbeck) and not a uncontrollable one! Which it now has (Göring in 1934 Governor of Mittelafrika)!

So Portugal now finds it again at the greedy eyes of Mittelafrika!
Well Germans were kinda stupid not forcing a peace of the same level as the allies did in the real world (No offense meant).

Hello, I was playing the Kaiserreich mod as Russia, and I chose to follow the Soviet Union path. All the proper events happened and I switched to the USSR, however, I go to check my tech teams, and I am greeted by this:

Ass you can see, all my tech teams have stopped researching, but the techs are locked, as they are supposedly still under research.

Is this a common problem? Easy to get around?

Thank you in advance.

Posted in Tech forum and they re-directed me here.

I think I got that one fixed after reloading the save.

Well Germans were kinda stupid not forcing a peace of the same level as the allies did in the real world (No offense meant).

Quite right, though they enforced that same "Versailles" treaty on France! Though it didn't got them much other than an angry syndalist mob in their backyard!

Has there been any progress with the Multiplayer? Every time a buddy of mine and I used to play this mod before, when the US broke up, the game would crash, and we'd lose sync to each other. Is this still occurring, or it up and running in good fashion?

First per my opinion this mod is the best mod of HOI 2, but since we are in the mid of talks how would the world really look like if Germans won, heres a map. I will tell you why is something as it is and you prove me wrong (Although the situation would heavily unbalance the game).

First as you can see Africa is defacto German. I really don't know any good reason why free France should exist, since if Germans lost all colonies after ww1 why shouldn't the same happen to the allies.

Second Ottomans directly control all the lands, which are rightfully theirs and the Arabian peninsula. If i were Ottoman I wanted direct control, why should I accept puppet mastery over Libya if I can have it whole (In the game it was probably made, that if you play as Italy you wouldn't have to annex the Ottomans, just to get the colonies back).

Third Bulgaria just gets the lands of Greater Bulgaria, not everything within its sight (Per my opinion the Balkans is the area which is mostly wrong).

Forth Italy is a united nation. I know no good reason why they should fall apart. The defeat would forge them even more together.

Now to AH. I understand the decentralization, since the emperor in his desperation to hold the empire together gave all kind of rights in the most critical moments. So here are the nations which are under the puppet master of Austria (Teal), Red outlines the empire:

SHS (Country of Slovens, Croats and Serbs):
This country did exist in the real world for exactly one month after uniting with Serbia and has renamed into Kingdom of SHS (Serbs, Croats and Slovens). As its name says all the South Slavs of the empire are in it. Well here they have directly absorbed Serbia, Montenegro and Vojvodina (From Hungary). Capital is Zagreb.

Hungary:
After losing Croatia and Vojvodina by SHS they gained Romania (I know no good reason why Romania should survive the war and even be rewarded with Besarabia). Slovakia is still under Hungarian control.

Country of West Slavs:
Mainly Czechs, Poles and Ukrainians. That is the reflection of country which the South Slavs made. Capital is Prague.

Ukraine:
This country is under AH puppet mastery (So Germany can get all those puppets and AH fought for nothing or what). It owns Besarabia since this territory was given to the country until it wasn't reoccupied by Romania in the real world.

Albania:
It was occupied by AH during the war so why not just keep control over it.

Nope, problem still exists.

I'm not sure if this one works, but try searching the savefile for the Soviet tech slots.
Should look something like this(the numbers aren't the same than in your save):
team_slots = { 3711 3719 3715 3700 3710 }

Then delete those numbers between the { }-signs. This should free those slots for use.

delex: i'm probably not who you wanted to answer this, but i wanted to add my views to yours:
do you have any historical evidence for what you suggest, any more so than the people who decided to make the map the way it is?
i can see your point about france, except there's no way that germany could take gibraltar from britain and not give it back to spain without causing spain to hate them forever.
i really dont know about the situation in italy, but i can say that when the result was the other way round, defeat didnt forge too many countries together.
lastly, i dont think that ukraine should be under the thrall of A-H. I'm not sure that they advanced that far into russia - the situation in the east i believe was the same as in real life except that the reds lost and russia fragmented.

of course, i didnt make the mod so i dont know the real background to the decisions, they may have just done it like that to make it more fun. who knows, i just wanted to add a couple of counterarguments.

@ delex

Romania anexed by HUN? :eek:

that's never gonna work
the hungarians already had their hands tied with the majority of the population in Transilvania they would not want to get ALL of romania against them (In this situation romanians would represent more than the hungarians, and along with the slovaks the HUN would represent 35-40% of the population. think about it a little

and about the triple monarchy (AUSTRIA-HUNGARY-SLAVIA) yes it is a possible scenario. but romania is out of it unless the emperor is also the king of romanians....