• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yacob88 said:
I agree totally with EvilTheMonkey..

Why havn't you removed all the other scenarios?

You could have avoided all these problems..

The game still does not work, their are the regular 1936, 1939, 1941, 1944, Doomsday and all the battlescenarios... Nine of them work after i installed Kejserreich

The scenario load order problem only came up with the last version. There has been no version since then, therefore the problem has not been fixed. As the solution to this particular issue has been stated on every page of this thread and in the first post (which I've now further clarified), it really should only take people reading a couple of pages back to find out what they need to do.

If there is no Kaiserreich scenario (with new picture) at the bottom of the list, then you have made an error in the installation, and will need to try again.

Now, with regard to a permanent fix, the order in which the scenarios appear on the list is dependant on the date they were modified (eg. earliest at the top, newest at the bottom). Deleting the other scenarios isn't an option, as this can't be done via an installer. Therefore, there are two possible options:

* Clearly label all the other scenarios as "DO NOT SELECT." (Preferred option, and already planned)
* Include dummy versions of the other scenarios modified later than the Kaiserreich one.

i'm running it through DD, and all the other scenarios work, they look stupid because they are the historical games with the ahistorical nations, but nevertheless they do work for me.

P.S. that whole thing about naval doctrine is a bit of a moot point sarmatia because i managed to get the IJN down to 3 transports and nothing else, now I control the sea lanes of the far east, allowing me to put three 6 division armies ashore at dalian to recapture it and exploit into manchuria and korea. it was damnably costly though, cost me 12 BB, 2 BC, 1CV and countless screens.

Are there surrender events for the USA in the civil war? In my game, the CSA has captured all of mainland US (except for California, which is also at war with the US but not the CSA) but there is no way for it to annex the US, since it can't deploy transports, because all their ports are occupied, not controlled. Shouldn't their be an event that triggers when the CSA controls Washington, New York etc, allowing them to annex?

EDIT: Also, oil in Alaska events? 2000 supplies and 1000 money for... 60 oil? Who on earth would do that? You could probably get 6000 oil for all that if you traded with Venezuela or something.

Last edited:
I finally got this mod in working condition and all I can say is: Wow! I've played around with Russia quite a bit and the events are all very well done, and there seem to bit quite a few directions where Russia as a nation can go, which is quite nice. And that's just scratching the surface, as I'm sure other nations offer an interesting playing experience as well. So thank you for an extremely interesting mod!

angahir said:
I finally got this mod in working condition and all I can say is: Wow! I've played around with Russia quite a bit and the events are all very well done, and there seem to bit quite a few directions where Russia as a nation can go, which is quite nice. And that's just scratching the surface, as I'm sure other nations offer an interesting playing experience as well. So thank you for an extremely interesting mod!

Well, as of now, Russia has the most events since they were taken from the "All the Russias" mod that Sarmy made but we hope to have events for every country like that someday.

DirtyCommiePuke said:
Are there surrender events for the USA in the civil war? In my game, the CSA has captured all of mainland US (except for California, which is also at war with the US but not the CSA) but there is no way for it to annex the US, since it can't deploy transports, because all their ports are occupied, not controlled. Shouldn't their be an event that triggers when the CSA controls Washington, New York etc, allowing them to annex?

EDIT: Also, oil in Alaska events? 2000 supplies and 1000 money for... 60 oil? Who on earth would do that? You could probably get 6000 oil for all that if you traded with Venezuela or something.
I'm in the process of making and submitting surrender events for the Civil War 2: Electric Boogaloo.

So what's the deal with certain nations doing no research at all? I'm playing Russia and have managed to put together a pretty nice alliance with Don-Kuban Union (puppeted via event), Aldash Orda, Georgia, Ukraine, Romania and Estonia (a liberated puppet). For some reason Romania and Aldash Orda don't appear to be doing any research at all, even though Romania has the most IC out of my allies (due to conquests in Bulgaria) and Aldash-Orda swallowed Turkestan, with the help of Russian troops, of course. At the same time tiny countries like Don-Kuban Union and Estonia, both of them puppets, are doing some research.

edit: I loaded the game as both Romania and Aldash Orda and neither of them has any tech teams, which might just explain the fact there is no kind of research done in those countries. So, why are they missing tech teams? Is this WAD or is there something seriously wrong with my installation?

Last edited:
Is there an event similar to Bitter Peace for Germany in this mod? Commune of France and I (again as Russia) have conquered most of Germany. The only VP provinces Germany has left are Fiji and Tawara, and they are out of reach for Russian troops. Japan could conquer them at will, but not at all surprisingly the AI is just sitting around instead of doing something useful.

I think you need more territorial claims, so the game is more fun :)
And less belligerance hits, the game engine handles belligerance pretty poorly.

But I think this a mod with a great future, excellent work.

The_Kipper said:
What is a good starting country for this mod, first time out of the gate? I am an experienced HOI2 player.

Well, Russia makes for a great experience IMO. You start off very weak and have to seriously think about the state of your military, your foreign policy and so forth. The US will get into a bloody and possibly long civil war, which might be a nice challenge and would also allow you to observe the events in Europe from a safe distance. Germany seems to be in dire straits, but taking into consideration the weakness of the AI, defeating the French and doing something about Russia shouldn't really be that hard.

Syndicalist music pack was deleted by RapidShare, any other place to download it from?

angahir said:
Well, Russia makes for a great experience IMO. You start off very weak and have to seriously think about the state of your military, your foreign policy and so forth. The US will get into a bloody and possibly long civil war, which might be a nice challenge and would also allow you to observe the events in Europe from a safe distance. Germany seems to be in dire straits, but taking into consideration the weakness of the AI, defeating the French and doing something about Russia shouldn't really be that hard.

Thanks, I decided on the US based on your observation of watching Europe. So far I went with the America First Union, lucked out and only have the syndicates to destroy in NE.

I used Jake Featherston's Operation Blackbeard on them and they are in serious trouble now.

I guess with Huey in charge I will follow the guidelines of the party stance and make the Western Hemisphere a US controlled space. This will probably, almost certainly place me at war with the allies. Anybody done this before?

I think the Reich would be my apparent ally, down the line. I plan to just focus on making my own VP pile for awhile down to South America and also upset the Japs.

Feel free to give advice or tell me I'm wrong.

The_Kipper said:
This will probably, almost certainly place me at war with the allies. Anybody done this before?

I take it that by allies you mean the Syndicalists? Commune of France and Republic of Sicilies are allied, and the British will join them 2 times out of 3. As far as I can tell, only the British have a real navy, the French and Italian navys are mostly a joke, especially after a few encounters with the German Hochseeflotte.

Also bear in mind that 1939 is the year when things start happening in Europe. The Syndicalist Block attacks the German Weltreich and the Germans will have severe difficulties in fighting the French. The Japanese will also start invading the German colonies in Eastern Asia. Russia will usually also get into the war at this point, either as an ally of either Germany or Japan or as an independent war-monger. So allying with Germany will usually at the very least give you the strongest AI-controlled navy to play around with.

angahir said:
I take it that by allies you mean the Syndicalists? Commune of France and Republic of Sicilies are allied, and the British will join them 2 times out of 3. As far as I can tell, only the British have a real navy, the French and Italian navys are mostly a joke, especially after a few encounters with the German Hochseeflotte.

Also bear in mind that 1939 is the year when things start happening in Europe. The Syndicalist Block attacks the German Weltreich and the Germans will have severe difficulties in fighting the French. The Japanese will also start invading the German colonies in Eastern Asia. Russia will usually also get into the war at this point, either as an ally of either Germany or Japan or as an independent war-monger. So allying with Germany will usually at the very least give you the strongest AI-controlled navy to play around with.

Thats wanted I wanted to know. Thanks. To clarify my ally question part is that I went with the Union Party in the US and plan to invade all of North and South America. This way I can watch my first game develop overseas and keep myself busy in the Western Hemisphere.

Also why does the game music die after the playing of the Fatherland added music?

US Union Unplayable....

Check into the US events. Because of the transfer of political power my Union States tech schemes change and all the old techs are shown as currently researched. The new Texan tech corps can develop new ones but cannot complete any previous ones. The game breakers are the Industrial ones, you can never get past Construction Techs because they are locked. Good mod though, I'll play Germany though next time.

Is Germany Playable...

Should I give up and try playing the Reich? Also why doesn't the starting nations have an ahistorical script. It is just from the vanilla game or did I miss something? Sorry to complain, I'm just used to something smoother and responses to problem questions. Still a cool mod though.

I suspect changing countries might be necessary. We've found problems when countries changes tags (as you did when you became the Union State) including the tech one you mentioned. As yet we've not found a way round them so....

As for the historical country descriptions. We have a large list of alternate ones ready to put in (see the other forum for them) but I think Sarmatia is planning to wait and put them all in at once at a later stage.