+ Reply to Thread
Page 299 of 429 FirstFirst ... 199 224 249 274 289 297 298 299 300 301 309 324 349 374 399 ... LastLast
Results 5,961 to 5,980 of 8569

Thread: Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg - Global Alternate History Mod for HOI2

English Francophile Fire_Unionist's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3For The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by BritishImperial View Post
    ah thanks. i'm not sure i'm going to be ready for war by then but i'll cope.
    You'll be fine, UoB Army is not particularly tough after you land (thay cause major problems when you land) as it is mostly made up of Garrisons and Infantry with no Armour at all.
    Navy and Air Force may cause problems though.

Marshal of the Empire BritishImperial's Avatar

Thanks, i'm sure once i land i'll be fine. i only have around 15 divisions in my 'attack' force of which 2 are armour - i was going to start the war in 1940. oh well, more fun this way - more of a challenge.
    Whistle while you work, Hitler is a berk...

writAAr of the week, 5th May 2008
    Fan of the week, 24th December 2008, 8th March 2009
    Proud owner of a Loyal ReadAAR cookie from Trekaddict in 'Against All Odds'

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3For The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    500k club

Thanks, i'm sure once i land i'll be fine. i only have around 15 divisions in my 'attack' force of which 2 are armour - i was going to start the war in 1940. oh well, more fun this way - more of a challenge.
    Good Luck, and please tell me if you are sucsessful, I want to see if there's a way to do the invasion with far less bloodshed than I had to suffer.

200k clubHoI AnthologyDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacy
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Majesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Supreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire_Unionist View Post
    Yes, I also noticed this. Also, in the event releaseing New England, the description says that the Conservatives wanted to keep it, while the Liberals wanted to release it. However, there is no choice to keep it.

BTW, playing as Canada, what do you think is the best way to retake Britain? My route through Scotland caused me a lot of pain that I feel may have been unnecessary.
    Thats always bugged me, why can't I get the option to keep it?
    Peter Ebbesen: To guarantee success, rename Victoria 2 to something like "Victoria's Secret: An Encounter Under the Sun"

We'll Protect America! : a (Kaiseriech) USA/AUS AAR Ongoing

"As for myself, my course is clear. A British subject I was born — a British subject I will die. With my utmost effort, with my latest breath, will I oppose the ‘veiled treason’ which attempts by sordid means and mercenary proffers to lure our people from their allegiance. " Sir John A. Macdonald
    "A flag that does not contain the greatness of your heritage is no flag for a nation" John Diefenbaker

did they ever fix the peace treaties for the Austro-Hungarian war? or the Amie civil war?

Must say, this mod is an interesting one!
    Really like "what if's"-scenarios. Played it first time last night, or, played around a little. It had some bugs, even a ctd (1˝ years in game with commune of France; war with spain, an event was triggered, then it crashed severly).
    I think this mod has potential, would like to see it be transferred into HoI3! :]

What I think should be done:

- tweak the AI... it's dumb (well, HoI2 AI is dumb by default, a slight improvement). Doesn't use units that could be used to eg. counter-attack attacking forces (that are by default weak, eg. militia), waits long to counter-attack, even if all variables are quite fit to do it, doesn't send any spies or whatsoever, don't research critical techs...

- The tech tree - have any plans to make a custom one? Mod34 uses a nice custom tech tree; perhaps altered for this ficitional scenario?
    Also, don't let countries at random decide what techs to go after; it'll backfire on them. If possible, script possibilites what they will choose to go after. I mean, a Russia with strong navy and almost no army tech? =P

- A new map perhaps. The more areas, the more fun :]

Darkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Iron CrossSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

I agree. The AI misses a lot of good opportunities. As Austria I was able to pocket 81 French (a few Sicilian, but who cares about them ) divisions in Anzio/Cassino with 35 Italian divisions (they had held out in Rome until I got down the boot) and my main army of 27 (later 39) divisions. They could have easily counterattacked and forced a huge stalemate (which it was until I started convoy raiding with my main fleet and slowly advancing with support from the Roman troops).

Still, this is going to be great for my Catholic bloc, which is for some reason led by Carlist Spain (I think).
    Is there a way to fix that matter so that I'm the alliance leader (it's not a major faction, just me, Portugal, Italian Fed, Carlist Spain and Ireland)?
    In Canonized's Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World?, awarded 20 points for pointing out the centrifuge used at one point; identified a cell phone; detected the inspiration for a bounty hunter; inspired a Cube scene and given 30 points for a Star Wars reference.
    Solved (with help from Davout) Canonized's Puzzle Plates Challenge
    Fan of the week August 24, 2008.
    Given 20,000 cookies by Maj. von Mauser.
    Has two ships named after him in DvD-IT's Das war ein Befehl! and a carrier in TRP's The Channel Pact
    Awarded the Pizza of Iron, First Class, in Kurt Steiner's Timelines: What if Stauffenberg had failed to save the world?
    Won a Cookie of GLORY in Alexus' Impo- Difficult Victory: A Japan Mod34 VE/A AAR

Darkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles

The Catholic bloc is created via an event chain for Carlist Spain and thus they're the leader of the bloc. As for improvements, we won't be making any major changes for the HoI2-version anymore. Tweaking the AI is possible, but I doubt we'll add a new map or a custom tech-tree (albeit one has been in the works for quite some time).
    WritAAR of the Week 4/11/2008
    I was canonized!
    Know your place, pleb.

It is hard to have patience with people who say "There is no death" or "Death doesn't matter." There is death. And whatever is matters. And whatever happens has consequences, and it and they are irrevocable and irreversible. You might as well say that birth doesn't matter. -C.S. Lewis

Darkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Iron CrossSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

How do I edit it so that I'm the leader, is my main question. I would appreciate help regarding that. Thanks.
    In Canonized's Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World?, awarded 20 points for pointing out the centrifuge used at one point; identified a cell phone; detected the inspiration for a bounty hunter; inspired a Cube scene and given 30 points for a Star Wars reference.
    Solved (with help from Davout) Canonized's Puzzle Plates Challenge
    Fan of the week August 24, 2008.
    Given 20,000 cookies by Maj. von Mauser.
    Has two ships named after him in DvD-IT's Das war ein Befehl! and a carrier in TRP's The Channel Pact
    Awarded the Pizza of Iron, First Class, in Kurt Steiner's Timelines: What if Stauffenberg had failed to save the world?
    Won a Cookie of GLORY in Alexus' Impo- Difficult Victory: A Japan Mod34 VE/A AAR

Good Luck, and please tell me if you are sucsessful, I want to see if there's a way to do the invasion with far less bloodshed than I had to suffer.
    ahem, you asked for me to say how it went?

well, i sent some divisions to iceland to prepare to invade, then sent my battleship fleet with the transports back to get more. waiting for me was a collosal union fleet which completely wiped out my battleship fleet. so i'm not going to play that particular game anymore there's not really any point.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae Victis500k club

Is there a reason Captain Mainwaring is a leader and minister for Nepal?

500k club

ahem, you asked for me to say how it went?

well, i sent some divisions to iceland to prepare to invade, then sent my battleship fleet with the transports back to get more. waiting for me was a collosal union fleet which completely wiped out my battleship fleet. so i'm not going to play that particular game anymore there's not really any point.
    Use carriers. And what was the landing point? I did it in Scotland. I warned you about the Navy, didn't I?
    Tell me, what was the quality of your Navy like? You have fleets all over the Empire, bring 'em home to fight UoB. With my carrier- centred fleets, I manged to destroy the Union Navy after about 3 major battles. Remember to watch for torpedo planes, they sank some of my ships in battle. Please try again, and good luck!

500k club

well, i sent some divisions to iceland to prepare to invade
    Send the Royal Marines. Lots of them. And some armour. Paratroopers really don't hurt, if you don't think they're cheating. UoB never garrisons Wales or Northern Scotland, as there are no beaches.

well i'll be honest, my navy was neglected somewhat because i needed to build an army and an airforce too. i had the 4 modern carriers in a battlegroup, and the 3 non-great war battleships/battlecruisers in a fleet, too. i was taken by surprise by the ai, which decided to send what i assume was the entire Union Navy - about 15 battleships, and i think 8 carriers, in a giant fleet that just wiped me out. my original landing force was going to consist of 3 marines and 6 inf, i think, which would probably have been ok to take the beaches had i got that far.

500k club

well i'll be honest, my navy was neglected somewhat because i needed to build an army and an airforce too. i had the 4 modern carriers in a battlegroup, and the 3 non-great war battleships/battlecruisers in a fleet, too. i was taken by surprise by the ai, which decided to send what i assume was the entire Union Navy - about 15 battleships, and i think 8 carriers, in a giant fleet that just wiped me out. my original landing force was going to consist of 3 marines and 6 inf, i think, which would probably have been ok to take the beaches had i got that far.
    The old battleships you have are crap, use them as scrap metal or to guard the Canadian coast. UoB ai tries to land in Canada, but you can stop them if you destroy the navy and leave a few ships behind to take care of the trannsports. I would argue that Navy>Army>Air Force. I did not use any bombers, just a few fighters to stoptheir aircraft. And I think you're underestimating the UoB Army. Unless that's just your first "wave", and you'll send more after you take the beaches.

500k club

Oh and keep your fleet together-I found this to be effective.

Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

could you give me a walktrough on how to install kaiserreich beta V?
    i downloaded it, but all I received was a couple of archives about AI, events and a nice wilhelm II picture which features as kaisericon.
    Have fun, and welcome to one of the most male dominated arenas since railway-working.
    -Kaisermuffin, on the AARland

first AAR, ongoing: Downfall of the Reich, a germany 1944 AAR(played mostly on very hard)
    watch out for this story filled of action, adventure, treason, wild sex(not), time-travelling, wacky nazis and Portal references.

The Betting Sun, the first betting AAR in Paradox Forums! join today this addicting game!
    AwAARded with The Totally Random Productions© Cookie Which Was Given In Order To Repay Massive Gambling Debts Acquired In The Betting AAR

The old battleships you have are crap, use them as scrap metal or to guard the Canadian coast. UoB ai tries to land in Canada, but you can stop them if you destroy the navy and leave a few ships behind to take care of the trannsports. I would argue that Navy>Army>Air Force. I did not use any bombers, just a few fighters to stoptheir aircraft. And I think you're underestimating the UoB Army. Unless that's just your first "wave", and you'll send more after you take the beaches.
    i had another 10 divisions to land after that, including 2 armoured divisions. the bombers were to be landed in britain to help the advance. i think in order to succeed i'd have to completely start again and build a giant navy, because the ai's navy was stupidly large and effective. and i did exactly as you said with the old ships - they were to guard the coast though they'd have been wiped out too if i'd sent them out. well done on doing much better than me, though

500k club

i had another 10 divisions to land after that, including 2 armoured divisions. the bombers were to be landed in britain to help the advance. i think in order to succeed i'd have to completely start again and build a giant navy, because the ai's navy was stupidly large and effective. and i did exactly as you said with the old ships - they were to guard the coast though they'd have been wiped out too if i'd sent them out. well done on doing much better than me, though
    Thanks! Are you going to try again? If so, good luck! Has anyone else done a sucsessful liberation of Britain? If so, how?

Thanks! Are you going to try again? If so, good luck! Has anyone else done a sucsessful liberation of Britain? If so, how?
    not at the moment no, i'm not going to bother. probably will at some point soon.

+ Reply to Thread