+ Reply to Thread
Page 164 of 429 FirstFirst ... 64 89 114 139 154 162 163 164 165 166 174 189 214 239 264 ... LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,280 of 8569

Thread: Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg - Global Alternate History Mod for HOI2

so romanian's got a slavic adstrate?

did i say philological discussion is getting 2 far?

anyway... wasn't that kaiserreich's thread? so...
    El Imperio del Nilo - un AAR fatimita de Deus Vult Premio GoyAAR CK 2007
    El Maravilloso Reino de Rumanía (marca registrada) - un quasi AAR que empezó haciéndole la cama a Alemania
    Nuestros Derechos
    - Un AAR libertario de Victoria Revolutions
    God's on Our Side - Un AAR de un mundo sombrío (Hoi2DDA)

si signore

Crusader Kings II

Quote Originally Posted by BinomistaR-G
    so romanian's got a slavic adstrate?

did i say philological discussion is getting 2 far?

anyway... wasn't that kaiserreich's thread? so...

It WAS the kaiserreich thread!

And of course Romanian has a slavic adstrate (15% or more), with all those Slavs around.
    Into CKII now

Old HoI2 stuff:

The IIIrd Romanian Kingdom - mod33 aar - Fronts: Siberia, Persia, C Asia. | God Save The Tsar...And Protect The Duma - ATR AAR - both abandoned
    A Random AAR - 10-Afr Scenario AAR - finished
    Mods and scenarios: Research Specialization Mod | 10-Afr Scenario | Romania Improvement Project
    Part of: The Kaiserreich Team (retired) | E3 Project - former Eastern Europe Enhancement Mod, former Über Balkan Mod (Ex-General Secretary)
    Second Chief of Navy - Jiu Zung-jan in Cantonia AAR - finished, so I died in 1973 as the father of the Cantonian nuclear carrier program.
    Alejandro Finesterre - Armaments Minister in Catalonia's Struggle
    Nationality: Romanian|Location: Bucharest|Religion: Atheist|Political Party: They should be banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Crush3r
    And of course Romanian has a slavic adstrate (15% or more), with all those Slavs around.
    woaaah! 15% is a huge load, i did'nt think it was that much
    it is non flexive, isn't it?
    El Maravilloso Reino de Rumanía (marca registrada) - un quasi AAR que empezó haciéndole la cama a Alemania
    Nuestros Derechos

can any1 give me instructions on how to set up Kaiserriech??

Quote Originally Posted by J the STUD
    can any1 give me instructions on how to set up Kaiserriech??
    Get JSGME [via a torrent or whatever if it doesnt come with kaiserreich], then follow these instructions:
    Help Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg - Global Alternate History mod for HOI2 DD thread | forum

First Lieutenant John Tzimisces's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron III Collection
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Hey man, you should see armenian! Language that breaks off from protogreek perhaps 4000 years ago, enters anatolia, takes Hittite, Urartean (caucasian language with crazy consonants all over the place), Scythian influence, before falling into the Persian cultural orbit for 800 years...then the turkish for another 800...it's amazing that you can peel back these vocabulary layers to actually find the origins of the tongue :S
    Yes Hai Em.

It WAS the kaiserreich thread
    The core people use MSN and they don't need any forum anymore, so we can as well discuss linguistics.

Hey man, you should see armenian!
    Well, there is one big advantage about Armenia - they still speak Russian
    Former integrator of Kaiserreich
    Occasional contributer to Hegemonia mod
    Custom SKIF pack for Armageddon scenario nations
    Version 0.52
    Former contributor to the IEGIP

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesRome GoldRome: Vae VictisEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More Edition

I havent been able to work on finding the error today, I had some family business I had to attend to. I'll hopefully find it tonight, make sure everything is working alright and release it tomorrow.
    Steam: Sammut

Crusader Kings II

It's flexive like all latin languages.

Romanian has a Dacian substrate, and a Slavic adstrate. It's 15% because of almost a millenium of cyrillic alphabet usage and Church Slavonic influences.

But there is also a theory that Latin and Dacian were in the same language group along with some other languages between Iberia and Assyria. The theory also states that the an empire existed in Europe, centered around the West and N West Pontic region, before the Greeks arrived in Europe, and that Greek and Roman mythology is based around the history of that Empire, that broke apart due to fragmentation (also considered the basis of the Tower of Babel story in this theory). This could fit in to the current theory of the people that inhabited areas now submerged by the Black Sea after the formation of the Bosphorous (deluge theory), that spread their slightly more advanced way of life, also supported by the Tărtăria tablets. Nicolae Densuseanu „Prehistoric Dacia” provides some good proof, but only more money into archaology in the area will provide the material evidence.
    Into CKII now

Old HoI2 stuff:

The IIIrd Romanian Kingdom - mod33 aar - Fronts: Siberia, Persia, C Asia. | God Save The Tsar...And Protect The Duma - ATR AAR - both abandoned
    Mods and scenarios: Research Specialization Mod | 10-Afr Scenario | Romania Improvement Project
    Part of: The Kaiserreich Team (retired) | E3 Project - former Eastern Europe Enhancement Mod, former Über Balkan Mod (Ex-General Secretary)
    Second Chief of Navy - Jiu Zung-jan in Cantonia AAR - finished, so I died in 1973 as the father of the Cantonian nuclear carrier program.
    Nationality: Romanian|Location: Bucharest|Religion: Atheist|Political Party: They should be banned.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron III Collection
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Akira
    Well, there is one big advantage about Armenia - they still speak Russian
    Yeah they do...I was there this past July, there is still this soviet mentality that all foreigners speak russian...some people mix up the two languages but hopefully now that armenian is the official language they'll be able to stop the pervasive mixing with education...more or less happened in greece too, i'm sure...(?)
    Yes Hai Em.

Quote Originally Posted by Crush3r
    It's flexive like all latin languages.
    lol
    no, it shud b the only 1 that is flexive... at least catalan, lusitans, castillan, italian, french, sicilian and sard (wich i studied) are not flexive...

wow, and this thing about armenian is just amazing. A very... rich ... substrate/adstrate

PS: this is going a little bit off topic!

anyway, i hope we'll b able to play kaiserreich tomorrow or so
    Nuestros Derechos

Quote Originally Posted by John Tzimisces
    more or less happened in greece too, i'm sure...(?)
    u joking!

did greeks speak russian? but they were off the soviet influence...
    Nuestros Derechos

ah no, i mean that the greeks, after achieving independence, were able to establish their own educational system and had the choice of teaching either classic greek, the modern greek, or take a middle ground...
    Yes Hai Em.

Quote Originally Posted by John Tzimisces
    ah no, i mean that the greeks, after achieving independence, were able to establish their own educational system and had the choice of teaching either classic greek, the modern greek, or take a middle ground...
    wow, amazing

what did they pick?
    Nuestros Derechos

if choosed classic greek i'm going there right away

Quote Originally Posted by Zauberfloete
    Guys this is still the Kaiserreich thread!!
    Really?! Seriously, I think this is a great response from the fans of this mod: the release date keeps being delayed? Who cares, let them work and LET'S TALK LINGUISTICS!

Crusader Kings II

lol
    no, it shud b the only 1 that is flexive... at least catalan, lusitans, castillan, italian, french, sicilian and sard (wich i studied) are not flexive...
    From what I saw somewhere Portuguese and other latin languages are flexive, but anyway, Romanian conforms to the other Romance languages.
    Into CKII now

Old HoI2 stuff:

no, i can assure that portuguese isn't

the only ones i don't know apart of romanian are switz romance and aostan (wich i think are vey similar) and none of them are flexive

but it is amazing romanian is... hw many declinations does it have?
    Nuestros Derechos

+ Reply to Thread