+ Reply to Thread
Page 124 of 429 FirstFirst ... 24 49 74 99 114 122 123 124 125 126 134 149 174 199 224 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,480 of 8569

Thread: Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg - Global Alternate History Mod for HOI2

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Finnish
    Does Kaiserreich work in normal HOI2? ( i mean not-DD)
    It works, but it is meant for DD since the last release.
    "How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct." - Benjamin Disraeli

"Morality may consist solely in the courage of making a choice." - Leon Blum

Umm, I have HoI2 DD 1.3(I think)...and how do I get this to work?

Darkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Nietzsche
    Umm, I have HoI2 DD 1.3(I think)...and how do I get this to work?
    Read the first post.
    WritAAR of the Week 4/11/2008
    I was canonized!
    Know your place, pleb.

It is hard to have patience with people who say "There is no death" or "Death doesn't matter." There is death. And whatever is matters. And whatever happens has consequences, and it and they are irrevocable and irreversible. You might as well say that birth doesn't matter. -C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by KanaX
    Read the first post.
    I got it to work shortly after that post. Either way, this is alot of fun...but it has major ballance issues.

Germany is too-frikken-powerful...

I've annexed Switzerland, Poland, that one German-province that was near Russia, France, I've taken a good deal of Greece after they begged for peace, own all of the Netherland's European provinces short of Amsterdam, and most of Indonesia(they begged for peace).

Hell, I could probably crush Austro-Hungary, but I'm gonna wait until I've taken the rest of Scandinavia.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Who are you playing as?
    "How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct." - Benjamin Disraeli

"Morality may consist solely in the courage of making a choice." - Leon Blum

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHannibal
    Who are you playing as?
    Who else? Germany. My only opposition is Japan, and that's because I forgot to build up a navy(didn't think I'd need it, given I was/am the dominant power).

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiVictoria 2500k club

Just wanted to drop a quick line and let everyone involved know how entertaining and enjoyable I've found this mod. I've pretty much completely abandoned vanilla to play Kaiserreich, and it's led to scads of games as I'll get into a game and then realize, "hey, wouldn't it be cool to play as X?"

In any case, excellent work all, and thank you for this revamp which has rekindled my addiction to HoI2.

Quote Originally Posted by EmprorCoopinius
    Just wanted to drop a quick line and let everyone involved know how entertaining and enjoyable I've found this mod. I've pretty much completely abandoned vanilla to play Kaiserreich, and it's led to scads of games as I'll get into a game and then realize, "hey, wouldn't it be cool to play as X?"

In any case, excellent work all, and thank you for this revamp which has rekindled my addiction to HoI2.
    I second that. My current game as Ottoman Empire is one of the most enjoyable HoI experiences I have ever had.
    I was canonized!
    Know your place, pleb.

It is hard to have patience with people who say "There is no death" or "Death doesn't matter." There is death. And whatever is matters. And whatever happens has consequences, and it and they are irrevocable and irreversible. You might as well say that birth doesn't matter. -C.S. Lewis

Russia can not research any land doctrines. both paths are blocked in the country file.

from the save

deactivate = { 6010 6210 7010 7020 7050 7100 7110 7120 7130 7140 7150 7160 16000 7170 7180 7190 16010 16020 7200 7210 7220 7230 7240 7260 7270 16030 15500 }

6010 is Firepower Focus Doctrine

and 6210 is Mobility Focus Doctrine

is this by design?
    Last edited by tarakan; 24-02-2007 at 20:40.
    "I just want you to know that, when we talk about war, we're really talking about peace." George W. Bush —Washington, D.C. June 18, 2002\

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions

Yes it is, you will get an event that will unlock the path of your choice later on.

A very interesting game so far has been to ally with Germany as Russia using the Denikin coup and then choosing the reactionary head of government (3rd choice) that allows to join alliances. build up relations with germany and they shower with techs. of course it is quite a bit munchkinish
    "I just want you to know that, when we talk about war, we're really talking about peace." George W. Bush —Washington, D.C. June 18, 2002\

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossThe Kings CrusadeEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Pride of NationsEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I'd forgotten you could even do that Glad to hear you like it! And feel free to check out the forum You never know, one of these days I'll have time to actually write an AAR *gets back to essay*
    Revanche, A French AAR of The Great War (1914-1919) (Finished, Weekly AAR Showcase, 9th Jan '06)

President Petrov Basil Ivanovich of Kraszakistan (KLD)

What if Germany had won the Great War? Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg

hi guys i got to select scenario and chose my country and when it is loading up i get the scenarios had a error what do it do my hol2 dd is updated to 1.2 what should i do

I'm sorry if this has been mentioned, asked and/or explained already, but I'd like to know is the CSA really going to have cores for only the starting area, or has it just been forgotten to add them for the rest of the whatusedtobe-USA? For as it stands now, I have played the game from '36 to '48, and have had bazillion GAR-POLs standing in almost every province (something like 200 atm), and still have partisans in the few caps between them.

First of all, it doesn't feel syndicalist at all to control your whole country with military police to keep the population in order, and secondly I really doubt this would have been necessary in a 0 dissent situation.

Secondly, its a huge burden gameplay wise. Partisans eat up incredible chunks of TC, and those garrisons eat shitloads of supplies and cost IC and MP, which latter can actually become some sort of a problem later in the game when you get only 0.56 a day with all the techs while trying to be a world power with massive armies. Which is also somewhat unrealistic - in a situation in which the the Combined Syndicates control the whole continent I doubt they would only draft from their original area, South from the great lakes.

Few more leaders, even 0 skill, would also be good to have - especially naval and air. If they'd actually know something about warfare, it would of course be even better, but this is another question and I understand that you have more pressing things to do than this - compared to many other "new countries" CSA is actually very playable, leader wise. That partisan issue is however quite of a problem.
    Last edited by Kasakka; 27-02-2007 at 13:12.
    Support Tibetan, support Basque, support Catalan, support Chechnyan, Québécois, Tamili, Acehian, Kurdish and Kosovian independence!
    Free country for all who want one, dammit.

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

Again, I love the mod. I've been playing IB for Doomsday and I've noticed some things: Bulgarian Militia divisions all have Italian names; 'Divisione Eritrea', '7a CCNN', etc. Also, in my Kingdom of Spain game, Bulgaria doesn't seem to understand that to annex Greece they have to build transports and Amphibiously Assault The Cyclades, from where the Greek government has still been running for like 6 months. Neither does Austria for that matter, despite having occupied Kefalonia by sea landings.

Also, the Qing Empire is in some desperate need of more land commanders; it starts off with too big of an army for the amount of generals it has already.

Another thing, Bohemia and Croatia remain autonomous as Austria's puppets, but aren't allied with Austria -- what gives? If it's a matter of giving Austria the option to join the Central Powers, shouldn't there be some way to make an event for Austria's puppets that forces them into the Central Powers despite having been allied with Austria beforehand?

This has probably been asked before, but why doesn't Mittleafrika join the Central Powers until the Reich goes to war with Japan? Shoudln't they already be a member, being a mass of German colonies after all?

BTW, I love what you guys have done with the Spanish Civil War. Hell if playing as one of the nations involved directly isn't the funnest thing I've ever done with HOI2. 'Makes it an actually desperate situation! Great job.

Quote Originally Posted by HKslan

This has probably been asked before, but why doesn't Mittleafrika join the Central Powers until the Reich goes to war with Japan? Shoudln't they already be a member, being a mass of German colonies after all?
    Well, in my game as the Ottomans, Mittelafrika joined right after France declared war on Flandern-Wallonien.
    I was canonized!
    Know your place, pleb.

Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossThe Kings CrusadeEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane

Quote Originally Posted by Kasakka
    That partisan issue is however quite of a problem.

Occupation events are being worked on, there should be some provision in the next release
    Revanche, A French AAR of The Great War (1914-1919) (Finished, Weekly AAR Showcase, 9th Jan '06)

after installation and so on, when i go to load a scenario, i get messages in the loading screen to the effect of "error [thing] 35560 is already in use" ... goes on past 35669, though it seems to start back at 60.

simply ignoring these issues results in it loading... the basic scenario, with all the normal nations in all the normal places. [though it does seem to have the right colours, the various nations renamed properly, ministers replaced, etc.]

using DD v1.2, so i'm assuming i stuffed up somewhere.

help?

Regarding the USA. in a geopolitical situation that exists in the world it feels odd to have the USA as a bastion of stability. after their quick revolts in the end of 36 and quick annexations they just sit there for a long long time without any discontent. Seems to me that the revolution would be going on with a pretty periodic basis. Stability in the US should be like that proverbial small blanket. Pull it to your feet and your head freezes, pull it to your head and your legs turn to ice. Alaska probably would do well to secede from the union too..

Just for the hell of it i made an event that gives them 10% descent hit every 1st of January.

Another help with the madness of unified US in this mod would be to have the revolution event remove some cores on the opponents territory. This would give belligerence to the annexing nation.

So far playing as a tsarist expansionist orthodox Russia in a union with Germany and claiming all the territories due at every opportunity (on normal) has been fun. I am just waiting for someone to dow. Probably the war will come in the 1940 as both Ukraine and Georgia are with the commune of France.
    Last edited by tarakan; 28-02-2007 at 00:15.

Quote Originally Posted by tarakan
    Regarding the USA. in a geopolitical situation that exists in the world it feels odd to have the USA as a bastion of stability. after their quick revolts in the end of 36 and quick annexations they just sit there for a long long time without any discontent. Seems to me that the revolution would be going on with a pretty periodic basis. Stability in the US should be like that proverbial small blanket. Pull it to your feet and your head freezes, pull it to your head and your legs turn to ice. Alaska probably would do well to secede from the union too..

Just for the hell of it i made an event that gives them 10% descent hit every 1st of January.

Another help with the madness of unified US in this mod would be to have the revolution event remove some cores on the opponents territory. This would give belligerence to the annexing nation.

So far playing as a tsarist expansionist orthodox Russia in a union with Germany and claiming all the territories due at every opportunity (on normal) has been fun. I am just waiting for someone to dow. Probably the war will come in the 1940 as both Ukraine and Georgia are with the commune of France.
    Fear not, for the situation in the US is still far from finished! Expect some more stuff in the next release, and our long term plans include some crazy stuff across the pond

+ Reply to Thread