+ Reply to Thread
Page 121 of 429 FirstFirst ... 21 46 71 96 111 119 120 121 122 123 131 146 171 196 221 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,420 of 8569

Thread: Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg - Global Alternate History Mod for HOI2

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Plushie
    If I could get an idea of some of the changes made to convert it to DD (it's only the last version that's DD only, right?), I could help out there.
    IIRC, the only real changes which make this version incompatible with vanilla HOI2 is the section in the AI files dealing with spies. So, if this is deleted from every file in the modded AI folder, the mod should work.

The relevant section should look something like this, and come after the diplomatic section of the .ai file:

Code:
    ###################################
    # Spying
    ###################################
    spyprefs =
    {
    	percentage_on_spies 		= 0.2
    	percentage_foreign_mission 	= 0.7

# Used for Homeland Defense Spying
    	spyprefsdata = 
    	{
    		NumberOfSpies = 3
    		counter_espionage =  10
    		home_defence  = yes
    	}
    	# Defaul Spy parms used for countries the AI is atwar with but has no specific entry
    	spyprefsdata = {
    		country_priorities	= 3
    		NumberOfSpies		= 3
    		min_number_of_spies = 1
    		steal_blueprint 	= 10
    		minister_assassination = 1
    		smear_campaign 		= 3
    		coup 				= 4
    		sabotage_industry 	= 5
    		nuclear_sabotage 	= 0
    		found_partisans 	= 0
    		massmedia 			= 3
    		counter_espionage 	= 5
    		disrupt_techteam	= 5
    		country 			= NONE
    	}
    }

is there a link to the version just before it converted over to DD? I would love to try it
    "It is better to live one day as a lion than one-hundred years as a sheep." - Benito Mussolini

"Defense is superior to opulence." - Adam Smith (The Wealth of Nations)

“It is even better to act quickly and err than to hesitate until the time of action is past.” - Karl Von Clausewitz

“No wind favors he who has no destined port.” - Michel de Montaigne

Darkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria 2

Thanks Sarmatia.

I'd be willing to help do some work for this mod. It seems to be one of the few major mods that's going anywhere these days, so I suppose you guys could always use a helping hand. I'm not particularly proficient in any areas of microhistory (except for some knowledge on tank development -- both mechanically and tactically -- but I don't think that's too relevent), but I'm ok with the actual modding process, so I could pick up any slack on grunt work. I usually have an hour or so (sometimes more!) a day where I can sit down and do work.

EDIT: I'm going about the deletion right now, but I want to warn you that Mongolia's AI lacks a spy section altogether.

EDIT ON THE EDIT: Actually several 'minors' do.
    Last edited by Plushie; 30-01-2007 at 06:32.

Second Lieutenant
    HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneSemper FiSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband

I'm not particularly proficient in any areas of microhistory (except for some knowledge on tank development -- both mechanically and tactically -- but I don't think that's too relevent)
    Don't be too sure its not relevant. I know that various possibilities have been discussed for modified tech trees and slightly different units to account for the different way strategy may have developed in this timeline. I'm not exactly sure of whats going on or how far its progressed but it could be that your knowledge would be handy there.
    No matter how bad you think things are, they're worse and you're just not paranoid enough to see it.

The enemy of my enemy is also my enemy and will stab me in the back at the first opportunity.

"Consequences" - an ATR AAR as Italy - Now complete after a total of 31 seperate wars and the creation of a new era.

Discusion on tech changes has reached a bit of a hiatus ATM. We were delaying it until the DD conversion, so I guess we should pick it up again.

Specifically on tank design and use, we could certainly do with an extra hand, so any help is very much welcome.

This is the tech section of the subforum.
    "Consider the philosophical and metaphysical ramifications of... Banana! Banana! Banana!"

Kaiserreich ideas primate; found roaming the Paradox thread or the slightly newer Subforum

Battlefield 2142 for HoI2 anyone?

Polish Corridor???

Just installed this patch, and it looks sooo cool. However, there are something that struck me as quite odd. If it is so that Imperial Germany won the Great War, why would they trade away large chunks of Prussia to create the Polish Corridor? Letting Poland have access to the Baltic was one of Wilsons demands in the peace settlement. Prussia was the main political part of Imperial Germany, the originator of the united German Reich as it were. This must be altered.

Onwards; Suez is still in British hands – I thought I read somewhere here that the Brits relinquished control over all important colonial provinces to Germany. And India is a part of the Britsh Empire. No independence here.

Furthermore; there is no Ottoman Empire – just Turkey.

When I started the game (with this patch) it popped up several error messages, but it still worked. Just to let you know. I haven’t tried it yet, but I look forward to.

Imam Of The House in Imp. Off. Herbert West's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III
    Majesty 2March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Blog Entries
    Did you select the Kaiserreich scenario near the bottom?
    Byzantium Burns - A Crimean Gothic AAR for When the World Stopped Making Sense

My Inkwell

Ignore list
    DanubianCossack, Enewald, Kilrain, Petrarch

Noone has any inherent right not to be offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert West
    Did you select the Kaiserreich scenario near the bottom?
    Eh, in the game menu? I think i chose 1936... Is there a seperate one? That may explain quite alot, then. So sorry.

Imam Of The House in Imp. Off. Herbert West's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III
    Majesty 2March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Blog Entries
    Yup, down there, where the scenarios are, there is a Kaiserreich one, about the third from the bottom, IIRC. Only that will work normally.
    Byzantium Burns - A Crimean Gothic AAR for When the World Stopped Making Sense

My Inkwell

Ignore list
    DanubianCossack, Enewald, Kilrain, Petrarch

Noone has any inherent right not to be offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert West
    Yup, down there, where the scenarios are, there is a Kaiserreich one, about the third from the bottom, IIRC. Only that will work normally.
    Right... Still nothing. I carefully did this!

Patch Hearts of Iron 2: Doomsday to 1.2.
    * Extract the whole “Kaiserreich 1B” folder into your HOI2 directory, so the JSGME icon and Mods folder are in the same directory as your HOI2.exe.
    * Load up the JSGME application.
    * Select the 'Kaiserreich Beta 1b' icon from the left hand column, and click the “>” button to move it across.

The next time you run the game, all the mod and scenario files will be active. Reverse this process to deactivate the files, and return to the vanilla game.

IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS: Make sure your Doomsday is patched to version 1.2 (if not, error messages will appear on loadup), and that you select the Kaiserreich scenario at the bottom of the list.

Still loads of errors, and there is a polish corridor. The Czech Republic is Böhmen so something has changed.

The only scenarios are 1936, 1941, 1944, 1945 and Doomsday.

did u put kaiserreich in the mods folder?

Can you put please some more events for Indian nations, especially Bengal, seeing as it's the most powerful Indian nation.

It has Kim Il Sung as a Field Marshall...

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossThe Kings CrusadeEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Pride of NationsEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by CCA
    Can you put please some more events for Indian nations, especially Bengal, seeing as it's the most powerful Indian nation.

It has Kim Il Sung as a Field Marshall...
    They're not a high priority, but they will be considered in due time - we could probably do with some regional experts to help too!
    Revanche, A French AAR of The Great War (1914-1919) (Finished, Weekly AAR Showcase, 9th Jan '06)

President Petrov Basil Ivanovich of Kraszakistan (KLD)

What if Germany had won the Great War? Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg

Onwards Democracy

I eventually managed to get the game going. Choosing Norway it was quickly apparent that Scandinavia was to be the champion of democracy. Especially so when USA went to bits and pieces. Went into an alliance with Sweden and Denmark, and guaranteed the independence of every democratic country in the world. Built up a healthy IC, and built a notable strike force. DOWed France when they DOWed the Netherlands and allied them. Annexed France in conjunction to Germanys invasion. Got to keep (tho it became dutch territory) Belgium and the Normandie area. Wicked Italy paid the price, when Catholic Italy DOWed them. Sweden is now the proud owner of Sardinia! Hehe. Now onwards to crush the Japanese. The Norwegian Navy will have to play cat and mouse with the imperial Japanese fleet, as ours are grossly inferior. Can’t wait to continue.

P.S

Democracy isn’t really popular in this mod, now is it?

Darkest HourEuropa Universalis III: In NomineVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Blog Entries
    First game of this wonderful mod has been great so far, however there seems to be a problem with minister deaths, namely:

UoB HoS- Phillip Snowden, in RL he died in May 1937 but I'm entering 1940 and he's still standing!- thinking an event to move Britain out of isolation and peace- Snowden was a pacifist, so with turmoil bubbling, perhaps gets replaced by someone more jingoistic?

Also George V is still Hos for Canada even though he died in January 1936, however if you push the UoB into capitalism Edward VIII is HoS, George having died promptly

PS- Are there any leadership events for the UoB, namely pushing it out of isolationism? I could sware looking at this page or Mod site that there was a TUC election event to decide the new HoG. However my game has also seen a sedate France, does British foriegn policy change only happen when European War kicks off?

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Jape
    First game of this wonderful mod has been great so far, however there seems to be a problem with minister deaths, namely:

PS- Are there any leadership events for the UoB, namely pushing it out of isolationism? I could sware looking at this page or Mod site that there was a TUC election event to decide the new HoG. However my game has also seen a sedate France, does British foriegn policy change only happen when European War kicks off?
    There are no problems with the minister deaths - there just aren't any! I was waiting to code them all in one go, once we worked out who exactly is there and what government change events are likely to be in place.

There are draft events for the UoB government in the subforum, but they haven't been fully systemized or revised yet.

Darkest HourEuropa Universalis III: In NomineVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Blog Entries
    That explains a lot , Cheers and keep up the good work, your making a cracking mod!

PS- Do you have a link to those? I've checked the sub-forum but can't find it

Quote Originally Posted by Jape
    That explains a lot , Cheers and keep up the good work, your making a cracking mod!

PS- Do you have a link to those? I've checked the sub-forum but can't find it
    Well, I see you already did.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossThe Kings CrusadeEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Pride of NationsEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Sarmy, I seem to be missing some of the flag files in IIb, namely flag_CON, I'm beggining to worry not everything was in that release...?
    Revanche, A French AAR of The Great War (1914-1919) (Finished, Weekly AAR Showcase, 9th Jan '06)

President Petrov Basil Ivanovich of Kraszakistan (KLD)

What if Germany had won the Great War? Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg

+ Reply to Thread