+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 429 FirstFirst ... 3 28 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 78 103 128 153 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 8567

Thread: Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg - Global Alternate History Mod for HOI2

  1. #1041

  2. #1042

  3. #1043
    Captain CCurio's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    AOG accounting department
    Posts
    452
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuckergußgebäck
    Perhaps we should have quarterly 'income' and 'dividend' events for the AOG, where they have to pay Germany for the right of monopoly on China? And then every year, their contract is renegotiated?
    I was thinking of something similar for Mittelafrika:

    - Germans start to push for productivity improvements in MAF, initiating a "Kongo-Projekt"
    - Germans have the option to pay some money, metal and supplies for a fair increase of rare materials. This also triggers the event for MAF.
    OR
    - Germans can refuse, hurting relations with MAF and annoying industrialists and Kolonie und oberseebund (or whatever the navy/colony lobby will be called), perhaps giving those two factions more manpower

    If Germany accepts with the Kongo-Project MAF gets the choice to either:

    - Spend the money as planned, increasing infastructure to 40% or 60% in one of those congolese provinces that produce rares and metal and have 20% infra. Improves relations with Germany
    - Corrupt the money to whatever uses Staathalter may come up with. Money +25 or so, annoys Germany.

    This event could fire several times as long as MAF and Germany have good relations.

    If the game stays peaceful for a very long time (it's not impossible, though it is unlikely) there could be other similar projects such as exploitation of oil resources in MAF areas, mining operations, industrialization and such...

    EDIT: Oh yeah, Dar es Salaam needs navy bases.
    Can Germany preserve her new world order?
    Test out Kaiserreich - Legacy of the Weltkrieg
    A global alternative history mod for Hearts of Iron II

  4. #1044
    Field Marshal Sarmatia1871's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k club

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Welthauptstadt London
    Posts
    3,473
    Quote Originally Posted by CCurio
    I was thinking of something similar for Mittelafrika:

    - Germans start to push for productivity improvements in MAF, initiating a "Kongo-Projekt"
    - Germans have the option to pay some money, metal and supplies for a fair increase of rare materials. This also triggers the event for MAF.
    OR
    - Germans can refuse, hurting relations with MAF and annoying industrialists and Kolonie und oberseebund (or whatever the navy/colony lobby will be called), perhaps giving those two factions more manpower

    If Germany accepts with the Kongo-Project MAF gets the choice to either:

    - Spend the money as planned, increasing infastructure to 40% or 60% in one of those congolese provinces that produce rares and metal and have 20% infra. Improves relations with Germany
    - Corrupt the money to whatever uses Staathalter may come up with. Money +25 or so, annoys Germany.

    This event could fire several times as long as MAF and Germany have good relations.

    If the game stays peaceful for a very long time (it's not impossible, though it is unlikely) there could be other similar projects such as exploitation of oil resources in MAF areas, mining operations, industrialization and such...

    EDIT: Oh yeah, Dar es Salaam needs navy bases.
    Yep, probably good, and can be done quite easily when one set of transfer/dividend events are done!

    Reminds me also - we still need some ministers and a cabinet for the naval lobby group (I believe they were called the Kolonial- und Flottenverein) - anyone have any ideas?

  5. #1045
    Captain CCurio's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    AOG accounting department
    Posts
    452
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarmatia1871
    Reminds me also - we still need some ministers and a cabinet for the naval lobby group (I believe they were called the Kolonial- und Flottenverein) - anyone have any ideas?
    Hmmm, not really, but of course navy related people...perhaps OTL-DAK commanders? I'm sure Rommel wasn't the only one...and maybe that buddy of Himmler who went to Tibet, just for the heck of it.
    Can Germany preserve her new world order?
    Test out Kaiserreich - Legacy of the Weltkrieg
    A global alternative history mod for Hearts of Iron II

  6. #1046
    Captain CCurio's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    AOG accounting department
    Posts
    452


    Perhaps Ludwig Crüwell (March 20, 1892 - September 25, 1958), known for his involvement in DAK could be used as a minister for the KuF?

    EDIT:


    Hans-Jürgen von Arnim (1889-1962), was a German Colonel-General of Cavalry, serving during World War II. Von Arnim was commander of the V Panzer Army from 1942 and fought in North Africa in the Afrika Korps. Captured in Tunis by the Allied on May 12, 1943 he spent the rest of the war in a British prisoners camp. Released on July 1, 1947, passed away on September 1, 1962.
    Can Germany preserve her new world order?
    Test out Kaiserreich - Legacy of the Weltkrieg
    A global alternative history mod for Hearts of Iron II

  7. #1047
    Field Marshal Sarmatia1871's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k club

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Welthauptstadt London
    Posts
    3,473
    Quote Originally Posted by CCurio
    Hmmm, not really, but of course navy related people...perhaps OTL-DAK commanders? I'm sure Rommel wasn't the only one...and maybe that buddy of Himmler who went to Tibet, just for the heck of it.
    - Oh of course, I wasn't thinking about Harrer!

    He was from Austria though, so he'd still be a Habsburg subject in this timeline. And if he wants to learn about secret Buddhist masters, Mongolia might be a better place for him to visit than Tibet....

  8. #1048
    Captain CCurio's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    AOG accounting department
    Posts
    452
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarmatia1871
    - Oh of course, I wasn't thinking about Harrer!

    He was from Austria though, so he'd still be a Habsburg subject in this timeline. And if he wants to learn about secret Buddhist masters, Mongolia might be a better place for him to visit than Tibet....
    Mongolia sounds like the perfect place for him.

    Oh yeah, OTL Reichskolonialbund leadership might provide some minister canditates, if you can just find anything.
    Can Germany preserve her new world order?
    Test out Kaiserreich - Legacy of the Weltkrieg
    A global alternative history mod for Hearts of Iron II

  9. #1049
    Captain CCurio's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    AOG accounting department
    Posts
    452
    Hey, is it possible to terminate indepence guarantees with events?
    Can Germany preserve her new world order?
    Test out Kaiserreich - Legacy of the Weltkrieg
    A global alternative history mod for Hearts of Iron II

  10. #1050
    Field Marshal Sarmatia1871's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k club

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Welthauptstadt London
    Posts
    3,473
    Quote Originally Posted by CCurio
    Hey, is it possible to terminate indepence guarantees with events?
    Yep, very useful command:


    command = { type = end_guarantee which = FRA where = CZE } # Ends France's guarantee on Czechoslovakia
    Check Baylox's event commands sheet I've included in 'db\events\kaiserreich' for outlines of pretty much everything that you can do with events.

  11. #1051
    Den ökända hästen från Troja Zuckergußgebäck's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,848
    Blog Entries
    33
    Also, perhaps we should be thinking a bit more on Mittelafrikan ministers?

    Chief of Staff - Paul von Lettow-Vorbeck (Shool of Manoeuvre/School of Psychology)
    Chief of Army - Paul von Lettow-Vorbeck (Guns and Butter Doctrine)
    Chief of Navy - Max Loof (Decisive Battle Doctrine)
    Chief of Air Force - Hermann Göring (Air Superiority Doctrine)

    Von Lettow-Vorbeck might be a good candidate for a post-Göring staatholder.

  12. #1052
    Captain CCurio's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    AOG accounting department
    Posts
    452
    Vorbeck is in Germany as the head of Nationalliberale...
    Can Germany preserve her new world order?
    Test out Kaiserreich - Legacy of the Weltkrieg
    A global alternative history mod for Hearts of Iron II

  13. #1053
    Ok, what I have here a Microsoft Word document that complies all the posts I could find on this thread that refer to the actual historical makeup of the Kaiserreich world. Unfortunately, the posts are by and large unattributed, and the entire thing is *very* slapdash. It's mostly for my own benefit but I thought that it might be moderately useful to people who (like me) have just discovered this mod and are interested in the overall state of the world. So please don't burn me with matches because it's so badly laid out Consider this a source document of a general history of the Kaiserreich timeline, to be distilled and refined over time...

    I have tried to only use posts that have been approved by Sarmatia, for consistency's sake, but there are bound to be a few aberrations. I hope this is moderately useful to someone

    http://rapidshare.de/files/14119016/...posts.doc.html
    "It needs but one foe to breed a war, not two, Master Warden," answered Eowyn. "And those who have not swords can still die upon them."

    - J.R.R. Tolkien, Lord of the Rings, The Return of the King.

  14. #1054
    Field Marshal Sarmatia1871's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k club

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Welthauptstadt London
    Posts
    3,473
    Quote Originally Posted by midos
    Ok, what I have here a Microsoft Word document that complies all the posts I could find on this thread that refer to the actual historical makeup of the Kaiserreich world. Unfortunately, the posts are by and large unattributed, and the entire thing is *very* slapdash. It's mostly for my own benefit but I thought that it might be moderately useful to people who (like me) have just discovered this mod and are interested in the overall state of the world. So please don't burn me with matches because it's so badly laid out Consider this a source document of a general history of the Kaiserreich timeline, to be distilled and refined over time...

    I have tried to only use posts that have been approved by Sarmatia, for consistency's sake, but there are bound to be a few aberrations. I hope this is moderately useful to someone

    http://rapidshare.de/files/14119016/...posts.doc.html
    - Very good and definitely useful - it will save me having to go through every page on the thread looking for what I've written!

    But, ye Gods - 153 pages and 60,000 words! That's almost as big as my thesis is supposed to be!!

    I suppose it could be synthesised into something readable fairly simply (even if it would be a bit time consuming!), if it were all broken up into a rough regional and chronological order. A job for later definitely!

  15. #1055
    Den ökända hästen från Troja Zuckergußgebäck's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,848
    Blog Entries
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by CCurio
    Vorbeck is in Germany as the head of Nationalliberale...
    How should I know? It´s not like you have a lot to do with the different german political parties when you´re playing Union of Britain.

    However, it´s his picture at Paul van Reynden, and he´s the only notable german I know of that had anything to do with Africa, if we ignore Max Loof, who commanded the SMS Königsberg until it was sunk/scuttled.

  16. #1056
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarmatia1871
    - Very good and definitely useful - it will save me having to go through every page on the thread looking for what I've written!

    But, ye Gods - 153 pages and 60,000 words! That's almost as big as my thesis is supposed to be!!

    I suppose it could be synthesised into something readable fairly simply (even if it would be a bit time consuming!), if it were all broken up into a rough regional and chronological order. A job for later definitely!
    I think perhaps my estimate of Monday morning was a tad optimistic for that but in time I'll try my best to get it done!

    I should get those Irish ministers done though, and hopefully by the end of the week a few events, too. I know how important this is, people LOVE playing as Ireland... At least it's giving me something better to do that study for my exams though!
    "It needs but one foe to breed a war, not two, Master Warden," answered Eowyn. "And those who have not swords can still die upon them."

    - J.R.R. Tolkien, Lord of the Rings, The Return of the King.

  17. #1057
    I just reinstalled HOI2 and played this mod and I have to say, I am really really impressed. Your vast array of events keep me interested, even though I'm really more of a Civ IV man now. I'm only in the early 1939 but one thing that has disappointed me so far is the lack of events for Japan. I realize they were kinda exhausted after that prolonged naval war with Germany but I think they would be doing more. I am playing Japan and, knowing the US would soon be divided, I seized the Philappines, Guam, and got to Midway when the revolt happened. Suddenly I wasn't at war anymore and all those provinces were mine. It was great! Now I'm over in India, seizing whatever states don't have their independence guarenteed. I allied with Thialand and hopefully I will be strong enough to challenge one of the major alliances in another year. But I think the Japanese would be doing stuff like this on their own, seeing as China is basically off-limits without a war with Germany. Anyways, that's my only critique and I haven't played far enough to know that you haven't included some of these events later on. I love this mod.

  18. #1058
    Colonel

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Where I Am!
    Posts
    1,170
    i found the crash problem


    at the bottom of the USA event file there are a bunch of words that aren't blocked out by a #


    at least i think this would be the problem
    The Imperial Resurrection Mod is under way! Fourm Is Up Its Dead
    v0.4 It should work now.
    I sucked at HoI2 so now I play World of Warcraft.
    Dareman Burning Legion

  19. #1059
    Field Marshal Sarmatia1871's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k club

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Welthauptstadt London
    Posts
    3,473
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuckergußgebäck
    How should I know? It´s not like you have a lot to do with the different german political parties when you´re playing Union of Britain.

    However, it´s his picture at Paul van Reynden, and he´s the only notable german I know of that had anything to do with Africa, if we ignore Max Loof, who commanded the SMS Königsberg until it was sunk/scuttled.
    - Yeah, no-one is really going to have much to do with the German political parties for another couple of alphas at least! And Vorbeck can certainly be moved back to Africa via events at some point, as he would be the most obvious replacement.

    Also, not all the Mittelafrikan ministers neccessarily need to be former colonial officials - in the intervening twenty years, pretty much anyone could have got a job down there...

  20. #1060
    Field Marshal Sarmatia1871's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k club

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Welthauptstadt London
    Posts
    3,473
    Quote Originally Posted by KaiserBenjamin
    I just reinstalled HOI2 and played this mod and I have to say, I am really really impressed. Your vast array of events keep me interested, even though I'm really more of a Civ IV man now. I'm only in the early 1939 but one thing that has disappointed me so far is the lack of events for Japan. I realize they were kinda exhausted after that prolonged naval war with Germany but I think they would be doing more. I am playing Japan and, knowing the US would soon be divided, I seized the Philappines, Guam, and got to Midway when the revolt happened. Suddenly I wasn't at war anymore and all those provinces were mine. It was great! Now I'm over in India, seizing whatever states don't have their independence guarenteed. I allied with Thialand and hopefully I will be strong enough to challenge one of the major alliances in another year. But I think the Japanese would be doing stuff like this on their own, seeing as China is basically off-limits without a war with Germany. Anyways, that's my only critique and I haven't played far enough to know that you haven't included some of these events later on. I love this mod.
    Glad you like it in its current state! Very few of the planned events have actually been done at the moment, which is why there's not really anything for Japan right now.

    If you go to war with Germany, keep me updated on how the German AI manages to fight in Asia (if does at all!) - I'm guessing I'm going to have to mess about with the AI files a bit for it to work properly...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 429 FirstFirst ... 3 28 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 78 103 128 153 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts