+ Reply to Thread
Page 424 of 429 FirstFirst ... 324 349 374 399 414 422 423 424 425 426 ... LastLast
Results 8,461 to 8,480 of 8569

Thread: Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg - Global Alternate History Mod for HOI2

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIVictoria: Revolutions

If you mean a Frano-German war, yes that's fine. If you mean no wars at all ever, then I think KR has failed it's mandate to make too many wars.
    President-Dictator of America and Quebec, Minister of Gaeltacht and a developer of Kaiserreich

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

The Second World War, or rather a showdown between the Internationale and the rest, happened to me in late 1941 once. So yeah, that's fine.
    ...A flower of iron, a flower of death, beautiful, unbendable and deadly.

So first you announce Crusader Kings 2, then a game with Crusader Kings elements set in feudal Japan. Why not just go the whole hog and give away a rock of Paradox brand crack with every pre order?
    -Philios82

Slacker Extraordinaire Zzzzz...'s Avatar
    67 games registered

If the place is comfy to sleep in, yes, you can find me there!
    Alright then! Thanks guys
    The list of all my AARs: INKWELL

Current AAR: Golden Sun - A KR Kurdistan AAR - Darkest Hour
    The Policies of Grandeur - Coming Soon!

Arsenal of DemocracyEU3 Complete

I've noticed that during the La Plata-Brazil War, if La Plata makes peace with Brazil, the treaty doesn't make them at peace with Bolivia, and it doesn't make Brazil at peace with Germany, if they happened to join the war. That usually ends up with Bolivia being easily conquered, and Brazil being annexed by Germany, assuming that they aren't a La Plata puppet.

Oh, and a lot of the countries that break off as rebels, like Kurdistan and Republican China, manage to survive by giving up everything except 1 province. Is this supposed to happen?
    History doesn't repeat itself, It rhymes - Mark Twain

I've noticed that Yi-un is head of state of Korea...

Historically, he was a collaborator and served in the Imperial army and air force with Japanese men under his command. He also isn't second in line from Emperor Sunjong...his older brother, Gang Yi, is. Yi-un was chosen by the Japanese because Gang Yi was considered 'Rebellious'.
    Gang Yi actually tried to flee Korea to the Korean Provisional Government in 1919, but was caught in Manchuria. He was returned to Korea and since cooperated and supported the Japanese.

So if any uprisings are happening on behalf of a Korean Empire, it would almost certainly be Gang Yi's doing, or another more obscure member of the Imperial family. Definitely NOT Yi-un. He was married to a Japanese woman anyway...
    Constantly creating flags.

> Trembling Blue's Colour Scales < - Version 2.0 released! Final version for DH 1.3.

> The best HOI flag depository online <

> RumpNissen's flag packs <

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIVictoria: Revolutions

I'll look into it, and if it is warrented, I'll change the HoS.

I would like to point out however it wouldn't matter who he was married to.
    President-Dictator of America and Quebec, Minister of Gaeltacht and a developer of Kaiserreich

Well, I thought Princess Euimin was worth a mention, as she was selected by the Japanese in 1916 (before annexation). She and Yi-un had two children together and I don't think there was much, if any, objection from him in terms of their marriage. They stayed together until his death.
    Constantly creating flags.

> Trembling Blue's Colour Scales < - Version 2.0 released! Final version for DH 1.3.

> The best HOI flag depository online <

> RumpNissen's flag packs <

A samll question - where do you get patch 1.3b for ARMA? The link seems to be broken to the thread for doomsday patches.
    Emperor and Autocrat of all the Russias, of Moscow, Kiev, Vladimir, Novgorod, Tsar of Kazan, Tsar of Astrakhan, Tsar of Poland, Tsar of Siberia, Tsar of Chersonesos Taurica, Tsar of Georgia, Lord of Pskov, and Grand Duke of Smolensk, Lithuania, Volhynia, Podolia, and Finland, Prince of Estland, Livland, Courland and Semigalia, Samogitia, Belostok, Karelia, Tver, Yugra, Perm, Vyatka, Bulgaria and other territories; Lord and Grand Duke of Nizhni Novgorod, Sovereign of Chernigov, Ryazan, Polotsk, Rostov, Yaroslavl, Beloozero, Udoria, Obdoria, Kondia, Vitebsk, Mstislavl, and all northern territories; Sovereign of Iveria, Kartalinia, and the Kabardinian lands and Armenian territories – hereditary Lord and Ruler of the Circassians and Mountain Princes and others; Lord of Turkestan, Heir of Norway, Duke of Schleswig-Holstein, Stormarn, Dithmarschen, Oldenburg, and so forth, and so forth, and so forth.

200k club500k club

Blog Entries
    Here it is.
    Follow the development of Cifrasia Cataclysm! Mod for Darkest Hour!

I'm a proud bearer of The Fourth Cookie for Services to Syndicalism
    and The Grand Service to the Kaiserreich Mod Cookie *

Wonderful! Incidentally, from a story perspective,why is Poland not a German puppet state? Under the Mitteleuropa plan Germany would certainly have established pretty tight control - it was to be tied to Germany 'forever' - the only explanation I can think of is squabblings between Germany and Austria over it lead to its being left in limbo, but an explanation would be welcome.

PS: If it is purely because of the Poland-Lithuania chain (do not bother if there is a reason why, I will merely accept it) , could you tell me how to create a player-only decision that removes the puppet if a human is playing (so I can stick with a traditional Mitteleuropa while still being able to do PL)? Or put it with the 'Polish King' regency choice, and add a German chain a la Lithuania & White Ruthenia to bring it back by force?

PPS: Why does Germany use the Reichskriegsflagge rahter than the black-white-red?
    Last edited by TsarevichAlexei; 06-06-2011 at 17:20.
    Emperor and Autocrat of all the Russias, of Moscow, Kiev, Vladimir, Novgorod, Tsar of Kazan, Tsar of Astrakhan, Tsar of Poland, Tsar of Siberia, Tsar of Chersonesos Taurica, Tsar of Georgia, Lord of Pskov, and Grand Duke of Smolensk, Lithuania, Volhynia, Podolia, and Finland, Prince of Estland, Livland, Courland and Semigalia, Samogitia, Belostok, Karelia, Tver, Yugra, Perm, Vyatka, Bulgaria and other territories; Lord and Grand Duke of Nizhni Novgorod, Sovereign of Chernigov, Ryazan, Polotsk, Rostov, Yaroslavl, Beloozero, Udoria, Obdoria, Kondia, Vitebsk, Mstislavl, and all northern territories; Sovereign of Iveria, Kartalinia, and the Kabardinian lands and Armenian territories – hereditary Lord and Ruler of the Circassians and Mountain Princes and others; Lord of Turkestan, Heir of Norway, Duke of Schleswig-Holstein, Stormarn, Dithmarschen, Oldenburg, and so forth, and so forth, and so forth.

200k club500k club

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TsarevichAlexei View Post
    PPS: Why does Germany use the Reichskriegsflagge rahter than the black-white-red?
    Because it's awesome.
    Follow the development of Cifrasia Cataclysm! Mod for Darkest Hour!

I'm a proud bearer of The Fourth Cookie for Services to Syndicalism
    and The Grand Service to the Kaiserreich Mod Cookie *

True, and fitting for the German Army. I think I will let my pedantry drop on this one. Incidentally, can one get hte B-W-R flag in the Kaiserreich stlye anywhere as a download?

PPPS: Sorry, another one, but better get my interminable list of quesitons over and done with now. Why is it one can control the armies of the AmgOstAsienGmBH? In Mittel-Afrika you cannot, which I understand to represent the great autononmy of the Staathalter, and the fact that the Freistaat is more or less left to its own devices. However, reading the Kaiserpedia wiki article on the topic, it seems the AmgOstAsienGmBH enjoys much the same autonomy, as a corporate dictatorship - I am not criticising hte decision, merely intrigued why. Troubles in China leading the Empire taking control temporarily perhaps? Old R.U Vn. S? I am all ears, so any clearing up would be welcome.

Also, I am assuming Goering is not a morphia addict, as he was never shot in the groin in the putsch, as no putsch.

Also, just read the article on Freistaat Mittel-Afrika and this seems the time to applaud this mod - it is remarkably plausible in set-up as to how the Germans might chop up the world (I love the choice of quasi-independent, essentially feudal industrial dictatorships, it goes so well with real Gemran history - Krupp, 'King' Stumm and so on) rather than he usual huge directly administred empire - it may have worked for a Nazi Victory, but puppet states nad quasi-autonomies fit the Kaiserreich much better, while allowing for some great fun 'Welt-Politik' games, which I privately prefer to conquest - maneouvering alliances, getting the right people on-side, trading technology to allies, fighting little proxy wars (the Assume Control function is wonderful for this sort of thing) and so on to put the kibosh on the Syndicalists in Europe, isolate the UoB (Ireland) and paralyze the Entente is capital fun. I actually prefer the scenario to vanilla HoI2, as it is not all War,War,War, but mainly diplomatic, as the German Empire as a state always preferred alliances and manipulating the Status Quo to conquest.

Finally, from an AAR perspective, as the AI does not often seem to expand their alliance, what is a gamey expansion for Mitteleuropa - I considered Poland, Bulgaria, Finland, as well as possibly the Ottomans, to fulfill the Septemberprogramm which talked about as single bloc from Berlin to Baghdad. Adding Austria-Hungary sems a bit gamey until and if the empire starts to unglue and become independent.
    Last edited by TsarevichAlexei; 06-06-2011 at 20:22.

Uh Poland is not a German puppet for the reason you said Alexi, and that's even on Poland's Kaiserpedia page and description. :P

I don't get what you are getting at with the Commonwealth chain, it is formed with Lithuania and Poland, neither of which are puppets.

As for the AoG, no idea, but it doesn't matter much.

What flag?

The PL-Thing was a fudged attempt to articulate an irrelevant point, the flag is the vanilla HOI2 German vs the Reich War Flag andd the poland is my idiocy.

Arsenal of DemocracyEU3 Complete

There seems to be a cheat to winning the Brazil-La Plata War. I noticed that Brazil was winning, and yet they surrendered since Chile was able to take Rio de Janeiro through an amphibious landing. I just thought that that didn't seem very fair.
    History doesn't repeat itself, It rhymes - Mark Twain

At first slowly but then more and more the realization is dawning of me that quite a few people have not only forgotten the basic principles of the Mod created by Sarmatia and then slowly expanded into what is one of HOIs most important ALT history mods they have usurped an authority over it's developement they never had. All of it became apparent during the course of a discussion about something as trivial as the addition of a flavour event. Not only did I experience an utterly disrespectfull treatment such as one mod manipulating my user title and sig but the self-proclaimed team even refused to take the matter to the actuall HOI forum which actually spawned the mod.

I never had any intention of going that far but I found it nessecary to take the matter to Sarmatia personally asking him allow the mod to either return to his hands or giving it to the community as a whole. Should I get a green light from him the mod shall fully and officialy revert to a community controlled mod. Future modding activity shall happen in a much different and more open way similar to the AGCEEP modell protecting the basic tenets of the mod by setting up a few core principles viewable by the public which shall form the future guideluines but allowing for sub-mods and input by the whole community instead of a small team making decisions over a mod they never owned to begin with. That means that Kaiserreich will remain recognizable, legitimized, plausible open and ideally dynamic. How dynamic exactly that will of course depend on you. It may crawl along if there are few people contributing but it can also move forwards rapidly if people work together.
    -"I agreed to serve and was just following orders" has not been a valid excuse since the Nuremburg trials at least.-

I like how much drama was sparked over the past day in particular while I was gone. To state this once more, SorelusImperion has nothing to do with Kaiserreich's development, or the Development team. On our forum he consistently was arguing for CHI to have an Imperial path. Even though his idea was rejected, he instead of being a gentleman and stopping, just got more hostile. Kaiserreich was started by Sarmatia, but the dev team still works on it because it is ours. Deal with it.

Edit: I am making a peace offer. The current team may or may not accept it but for the moment I will not continue dispute the legitimacy of their work.
    Last edited by SorelusImperion; 30-06-2011 at 19:28.
    -"I agreed to serve and was just following orders" has not been a valid excuse since the Nuremburg trials at least.-

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Darkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Majesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by SorelusImperion View Post
    Edit: I am making a peace offer. The current team may or may not accept it but for the moment I will not continue dispute the legitimacy of their work.
    You realize your the only person disputing the legitimacy of the KR Team?
    There is no other person who has remotely supported you in this.
    You also realize, that you can do little to damage the work of the KR Team, seeing as your posts have largely been discredited?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 424 of 429 FirstFirst ... 324 349 374 399 414 422 423 424 425 426 ... LastLast