• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1419-1430
photo0051.jpg

Austrian Dreams

King Ferdinand looked onward, to conquer all of Germania, all the European Minors, all that laid before him was his dream, and his dream has passed on to us, and to me especially who writes this story of great admaration of Him. His Childhood, his dreams, his future and the Future of his people, his nation and that of its inhabitants, alive or dead, an animal or a plant, a tree or a human, all that he ruled with pity and mercy, with care and love, with joy and forgiveness.

The story of the great Kindom of Austria begins with this chapter that I, Malan Chavez of Austria, write delicately and with joy and hapiness. This Story of an Empires rise and fall has never been told before so I ask all of you, ladies and gentleman, and kids of all ages, to read this words as if you were present that day, where the decision by King Ferdinand, the ruler who, in the days before his death, bestowed us this great Empire, the Kindom of Austria wrote it himself.

This story is not to all complicated, The Bavarian pigs and the most the German minor states laid North of the Kindom of Ferdinand, the great Empire of Austria. On his South laid Venice, and crown trading areas that lay to the south of it, Italy and most of the Muslim hordes.

Our King, Ferdinanad, wanted nothing less the reunification of all of the German states, up and down the map of his age, thus he prepared for war with the Bavarians, a War he planned and succeded with.

First Bavarian War

As I have remarked Before, Bavaria laid North of our Austrian Kindom. On October 7, 1419 our great King Assembled K.u.K Armee in Salzburg and the Impreal guard, our largest force of 39K arrived in Triol, the largest province of our empire, next to the pigs of the north, The Bavarians.

With our Forces Assembled and a weak enemy in sight, our King Ferdinand declared the ugly pigs of Bavaria enemies of our Kindom and delcared they shall be slaughtered. Meanwhile Baden, the Impreal throne of our brothers and cousins broke its promise and on February 14, 1420, Baden cancelled the Vassalization she had with her brother and protector, Austria. The King was frasturated and knew who was behind this. "This" he said "cannot be any plot except those of Bavaria and her ugly face"

Bavaria recieved the anger of our great King Ferdinand. As the King was angered, the Bavarians build troops along our border and with king alarmed by the situation declared War upon the evil bastards in Bavaria. He signed the declaration of war on March 17, 1420, just a month and 3 days after Baden broke its truce and sacred honor it had with our great King.

The Bavarian reacted by commencing to build troops, which our great king already had. His first order was to send the K.u.K Armee to Ansbach and taking it without mercy. On the same day, he ordered the Army of Silesia to Salzburg so they can join their brothers in arm in Anbasch. the next day came even happier news, Imperial Guard arrived in Bayern, the capital city of Bavaria, which our forces started a quick seige, which they won.

Meanwhile a small Bavarian and weak minded Bastards came over the border and started to seige the Province of Triol, where no Austrian Army stood before the arrival of the pigs. on May 2, 1420, The Austrian empire got its happiest news of the war, Austria now had complete control of Anbasch and the pigs were driven out of the area... However the Besige in Bayern still continued while the Bavarian finished their siege on Triol.

May 16, 1421, Bayern Fell and with it Bavaria fell. on July 9, 1421 Our King, Ferdinand I forced the pigs of Bavaria to sign over the Anbasch and pay 125 gold pieces in indemities, which they accepted without objection. With that, a new start, a new begining of Austria began.

World of Trouble!

on the other areas of the world, there was changes and changes that would benifit our Empire. 1422-08-01 : September 2, 1422 : Henry VI rose to the throne in England. October 22, 1422 Charles VII rose to the throne in France. November 28, 1422 Friedrich I der Streitbare rose to the throne in Saxony. December 3, 1422 : Brittany entered a Military Alliance with Münster, Oldenburg, Gelre and Kleves. Our King watched on to see the troubles emerging, but focused on to raise him Empire from ground up. February 28, 1422 Hannover entered a Royal Marriage with Münster. March 11, 1422 Paul Bellizer von Russdorf rose to the throne in Prussia. March 11, 1422 Paul Bellizer von Russdorf rose to the throne in Teutonic Order.

Regional Wars of 1423

The Regional Wars of 1423 started on May 10, 1423 when Mainz declared war upon Hessen, to which Strassburg joined the war on the same side as Mainz in their war against Hessen. Then Saxony joined the war on the same side as Hessen in their war against Mainz and Strassburg to which Würzburg joined the war on the same side as Hessen and Saxony in their war against Mainz and Strassburg. also Würzburg broke the Royal Marriage she had with Mainz immidiately and asked the Mainzian royal princess to leave in peace. The War excalated when Palatinat joined the war on the same side as Hessen, Saxony and Würzburg in their war against Mainz and Strassburg, on the same day Hannover joined the war on the same side as Hessen, Saxony, Würzburg and The Palatinat in their war against Mainz and Strassburg.

The 1st Germanic wars have surely begun, Austria was in peace and starting to grow as an Empire when the Bavarian supporters and Bastards in Mantua all of sudden preached our Borders to which on June 1, 1423 The Austrian King, our lord, King Ferdinand I declared war on the small, evil ravaged nation of Mantua. On the same day of the declaration, Wurtemberg joined the war on the same side as Mantua in their war against Austria. Bavaria, the ugly pigs seeking revenge joined the war on the same side as Mantua and Wurtemberg in their war, soon the dishonered Bastards and the unloyal Baden joined the war on the same side as Mantua, Wurtemberg and Bavaria in their war against us. But Our Italian Brother came to our rescue, when Milan 12 days later, joined the war on the same side as Austria in their war against Mantua, Wurtemberg, Bavaria and Baden and Helvetia dishonored your Military Alliance, which we casrelessly believed from the start. Then Genoa joined the war on the same side as Austria and Milan in their war against Mantua, Wurtemberg, Bavaria and Baden and late Saxony Joined our Great War.

The Stage was set for a clash of civilazations and the end of Bavaria, or so did the king think? Austrian and former Bavarian province of Anbasch was taken back by Bavaria in a longest siege the Austrians have seen.

The War was looking good for us until the start of 1428, when Triol, Steinmarck and Anbasch were lost to the enemies. Milan Took Mantua and Forces of our Great king were in Baden. Saxony never took actions, laying all of its forces inside her 3 province nation.

Austria seemed to be loosing the war by the end of 1430 or so did we think so?

I am going to go now... and here I leave you with my first true AAR.

( I have not finished the war yet... But I have a good advantage right now +2% or something.... but at least its better than -8% I was in as an Alliance leader... Anyways, I will see if I can Update tomorrow and Continue the War. However, after this one, I will choose to take a long break from any war, kinda Have to rebuild the Economy... you know/. )

1433-1436
photo0051.jpg

Progress in Pictures

screensave09yp.jpg

Austria in its early stages... At this point Steinmarck was Helevtian ( already taken by force, Triol Belonged to the Wurzemberg and Ostermairch was in a near collapse, Our Only troops were in Osteimaiirch, Salzburg and Austria.

So Our First attack was to go to Steinmarck and re take that, Our Forces in Baden needed 2K more to start a seige, which we provided. Then we begun moving forward, starting the seige in Steinmarck, which we defeated no one for, the Helevtians abondoned the area. As soon as that was complete, Mantua broke away from Milan, to which we answered an Invasion of Mantua on behalf of Milan... it was a stragetic victory... after the siege in Mantua was finished, Mantua was annexed and here is the Screen to prove it.

mantua5lw.jpg

As you can see, Mantua has been taking... I will try to get Screenshots of troop movements and where the AI's are at, but in these scene, Wurzemberg has started to be attacked, with the help of 17K Milanese troops, we are on our way to finish Wurzemberg off. And the Siege belongs to me... after completing the siege, we again Annexed it.

Now Helevtia was seperated and Saxony was at war with Bavaria, to which we stepped in and helped out, our initial peace with Bavaria broken, this is going to be the 3rd war with them and it looks ot be on our favor. Currently we are building a 2K army in Ostemairch and Salzburg, which we intend to invade with Anbash, We have removed our 5K troop at Baden to go after Bayern.

screensave64ax.jpg

In this Screen shot, you can see that Wurzmberg has been annexed, Now Bayern or Anbasch ( Most likely Anbasch will be ours soon ). We have started a siege on the city of Bern too, We have taken down Schywz, and are going to expand our forces to take our Schwyz and not Vassalize Bern was its down and out.

if we take out Helevtia, then out two most major enemies will be Baden and Bavaria... which one, Bavaria, is already crippled and 2 of 2 of its provinces are under siege currently.

This is looking out for me, but so far, I am keeping up with Bank loans and so on, My Inflation is Sky rocketed and I have no Idea if any of my provinces will start to trouble me later on.

If I take down Bavaria and Baden, I will slow down for 5 years or so, rebuild after 5 years of peace and move on to the other German minors, which by 1530s, I want to own and control mercylessly... and that is my latest AAR!

:)

Hmm..what is your difficulty setting?..I hope that you're not plaing on VH ;)
If you already know about everything related to BB: ignore the rest of my writing:

Dowing a nation with a CB costs you 1 BB. More without.
Getting a non-core-province in an offensive war costs 2 BB. 1 in a defensive war.
Annexing catholic nations costs 6 BB when you're catholic.
Vasallizing costs no BB. 1 BB/province when you diploannex them later.
You've taken a few provinces for *a lot* of BB.
Even when you're not plaing at VH there are some serious drawbacks of having BB:
- the AI is more likely to attack nations with high BB
- relations. The higher your BB the faster the relations drop. Not important if you don't care about relations.
- stab costs: each fraction of BB increases stabcosts. Even more when BB>50% of your BB-limit (it becomes really expensive when you're getting over the limit). Don't remember the formula, it's in the FAQ.

BB is like a currency for expanding.
Austria is in a good position to diploannex. It may be boring to wait for the inheritance of Burgundy, Bohemia+Hungary but you'll get much more provinces for the same price (BB) when you take care that these 3 nations grow fat :)

High diplorating..this means max aristocracy. BB will decline over time (very slowly) depending on diplo-rating
It all depends on what kind of game you want to play. When you want to sculpture you nation at will and declare the wars you want: go and annex. That's fun :)
*don't* start another game (and AAR) :D
See what you can do and what kind of game you want to play :)

1) I don't expect to quit and restart... well, until Austria is taken that is.

For my plans, I am doing good, I intend to relax at the beaches Beyond the German minors before I enter the 1530s and and then Start nice BBwars On the European Front and declare immidiate peace on all of my Turkish fronts.

Nebukadezzar is right. Too high BB will kill you if you're not ready for it. As for the economic situation you described, five years seems hardly enough to recover. You can shed BB by releasing vassals, but it is better to just vassalize in war in stead of annexing a nation and releasing it later.